ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 03:21 PM   #1
CPRFAB OP
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Oddometer: 208
Proper Installation of a Rottweiler Intake System

Due to some conjecture on the proper method to install a Rottweiler Intake System we have produced this short video to show the simplicity of the design and proper mounting techniques. There are many ADV riders here on this forum running our product and it is important to us that this simple mounting procedure is understood. Feel free to call us with any further questions @ 949-412-1971



CPR Fabrications (949) 412-1971
http://www.rottweilerperformance.com/
CPRFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:21 PM   #2
Supahflid
Wheelieless
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Brandon, MS
Oddometer: 3,634
I JUST finished, in the last couple of hours, installing the Rottweiler. I like the product. It's well made and appears to fit neatly in all respects. It appears as though removing the left tank will be necessary for removal of the filter; I'm glad I bought the pre-filters.

I would respectfully suggest that you include some pictures with the installation instructions. I was eventually able to logic my way through it, but a visual example would have been helpful.

For instance, the instructions direct you to route the crankcase breather under the throttle body and that you might have to remove and inch or two to make the hose fit to the check valve. The only way I could make the hose fit properly was to squeeze it tightly against the wiring for the injector. Also, I noticed that I had crimped the hose at the turn across the top of the engine, so I had to be careful to adjust the crimp out of it.

I also had a little anxiety about how to install the hose on top of the check valve; I found a thread here that showed another inmates' install and it made perfect sense then!

Regardless, so far, I am very happy with your product. Thank you for addressing this need!
Supahflid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:17 AM   #3
CPRFAB OP
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supahflid View Post
I JUST finished, in the last couple of hours, installing the Rottweiler. I like the product. It's well made and appears to fit neatly in all respects. It appears as though removing the left tank will be necessary for removal of the filter; I'm glad I bought the pre-filters.

I would respectfully suggest that you include some pictures with the installation instructions. I was eventually able to logic my way through it, but a visual example would have been helpful.

For instance, the instructions direct you to route the crankcase breather under the throttle body and that you might have to remove and inch or two to make the hose fit to the check valve. The only way I could make the hose fit properly was to squeeze it tightly against the wiring for the injector. Also, I noticed that I had crimped the hose at the turn across the top of the engine, so I had to be careful to adjust the crimp out of it.

I also had a little anxiety about how to install the hose on top of the check valve; I found a thread here that showed another inmates' install and it made perfect sense then!

Regardless, so far, I am very happy with your product. Thank you for addressing this need!
Thank you very much for your comments. We have admittedly gone back and forth with the placement of the breather. At first, it was in front, and customers asked us to move it to the side where it would be easier to access. We did this to success with our bike but customers still had issue with getting near the wiring which if you turn the injector slightly is not a problem. With the way our brand new 2012 ADV R was wired it was fine and you may have to cut a zip tie or two and move the wires a bit.
We are currently back ordered as we have had a huge hit in sales and will be machining base plates soon so we may take a second look to see if we can make the breather a little easier to install.
Overall you really only do this once so it shouldn't be a big concern but we will try and adjust a couple things in the program. Our goal is to make this as perfect a product as possible.
Thank you for being one of many great customers!

CPR Fab
http://www.rottweilerperformance.com/
CPRFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:53 AM   #4
Supahflid
Wheelieless
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Brandon, MS
Oddometer: 3,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRFAB View Post
Thank you very much for your comments. We have admittedly gone back and forth with the placement of the breather. At first, it was in front, and customers asked us to move it to the side where it would be easier to access. We did this to success with our bike but customers still had issue with getting near the wiring which if you turn the injector slightly is not a problem. With the way our brand new 2012 ADV R was wired it was fine and you may have to cut a zip tie or two and move the wires a bit.
We are currently back ordered as we have had a huge hit in sales and will be machining base plates soon so we may take a second look to see if we can make the breather a little easier to install.
Overall you really only do this once so it shouldn't be a big concern but we will try and adjust a couple things in the program. Our goal is to make this as perfect a product as possible.
Thank you for being one of many great customers!

CPR Fab
http://www.rottweilerperformance.com/

Yes, I think the way I have it routed the breather will be fine.

I think I can speak for most of us here that we really appreciate you addressing the issues that have been brought up in this forum. Thanks for being involved with "after the sale"!
Supahflid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:35 AM   #5
Kafn8td
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2012
Oddometer: 166
What about running a breather filter Chris instead of feeding the dirty air back into the intake? This probably isn't for everyone, but it seems to make the most sense to me.
Kafn8td is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #6
CPRFAB OP
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafn8td View Post
What about running a breather filter Chris instead of feeding the dirty air back into the intake? This probably isn't for everyone, but it seems to make the most sense to me.
We do machine some plates without the breather hole for the "Do it yourself breather guys" and always have some in stock if someone wanted to use the K&N mini filter for that. We stopped advertising them because it was confusing customers that don't speak English (And there are many) on what it meant to "not have the hole" and slowing sales. We found that most of the guys that wanted to run the separate filter also were crafty enough to plug the hole.
CPRFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #7
Kafn8td
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2012
Oddometer: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRFAB View Post
We do machine some plates without the breather hole for the "Do it yourself breather guys" and always have some in stock if someone wanted to use the K&N mini filter for that. We stopped advertising them because it was confusing customers that don't speak English (And there are many) on what it meant to "not have the hole" and slowing sales. We found that most of the guys that wanted to run the separate filter also were crafty enough to plug the hole.
Like me.
Kafn8td is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014