User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
strider.deano OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 331
Wicked Can we get a little respect?

No disrespect to the Admins and Mods but is there anyway to segment the Triumph threads?

Looking through the Beast threads today, the top twenty threads accounted for 20 million views and 126,000 replies. Of these views and replies more than a third were under a Triumph title.(Nearly 9 million views and 42,000 replies) A cursory look at top twenty threads under both Oilhead Boxers and Parallel Universe had less than half of the number of views or replies combined compared to those with Triumph titled threads.

A simple Triumph section under Bikes would help a lot.

strider.deano screwed with this post 02-02-2013 at 06:45 PM
strider.deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:47 PM   #2
Lion BR
I'd rather be riding

Oddometer: 3,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider.deano View Post
No disrespect to the Admins and Mods but is there anyway to segment the Triumph threads?

Looking through the Beast threads today, the top twenty threads accounted for 20 million views and 126,000 replies. Of these views and replies more than a third were under a Triumph title.(Nearly 9 million views and 42,000 replies) A cursory look at top twenty threads under both Oilhead Boxers and Parallel Universe had less than half of the number of views or replies combined compared to those with Triumph titled threads.

I'd rather be riding!

Lion BR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider.deano View Post

I think Suzuki should go first if that is the case...

DR650 12,905,187 That's one model.

And then there is the V-Stroms.....

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:03 AM   #4
PeterW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,461
If you think the Triumphs are so embarassing to own that your need you own section to hide in, good idea. It works for the BMW's after all .

Though if this keeps up there'll only be Suzuki and Yamaha left in "Beasts"

Pete
PeterW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:30 AM   #5
trustme
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 913
Leave it like it is. Part of the appeal of beasts is the diversity, it's an eclectic mish mash, a melting pot with Triumph being just one of the ingredients. start stripping out ingredients & it loses it's flavour.

For the record I wanted the BMW 800 to have it's own section because it ended up swamping beasts with up to half the beast threads being mundane garbage about one bike. No other brand or bike has come close to that, certainly not the Triumph's. Just MHO
trustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:54 AM   #6
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by trustme View Post
Leave it like it is. Part of the appeal of beasts is the diversity, it's an eclectic mish mash, a melting pot with Triumph being just one of the ingredients. start stripping out ingredients & it loses it's flavour.

Yeah it's like Beasts is a Thai Curry and the other threads are sort of just Carrot or Cabbage or something.

I like that analogy

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #7
Russ

Oddometer: 15,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by trustme View Post

Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:34 AM   #8
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,525
Yes, I would be happy to see the Triumphs out of Beasts. Seem to clutter up the index and I am never interested in reading any of those threads. With their own separate forum could be ignored completely.

OTOH, surely the main reason for splitting a forum would be that there is too much activity, so that threads disappear too fast off the front page. Had not noticed that recently about Beasts.

The plus side of having lots of bikes represented under the one forum head is that when browsing you get attracted to this or that thread title and so learn a lot about bikes that you might not previously have thought about.

I got quite excited about the Tiger 955i after reading a thread about how good and cheap they were. Would never have gone looking for that on a dedicated Triumph board.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #9
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,295
Waits to see which Tiger thread the mods merge this one into...
backwoodsKLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:35 AM   #10
trustme
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 913
Currently 12 triumph threads out of 40 on the first page , That covers, 955 & Steamers, Scrambler, 800xc & the 1200 .No where near swamping the beasts yet
I am a Triumph fan but I don't really use the Triumph sites much , too one dimensional & ultimately boring.
trustme is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: