Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 04:06 AM   #1
Storm Shadow OP
Thread Ninja

Oddometer: 1,470
Swann HD sports Cam

http://www.swann.com/s/products/view/?product=1138

I just purchased this little thing for work, tax write off and all, to replace my old swann thumb cam, which was only low res, and started to fail.

but this looks pretty good for use on a bike, came with all sorts of attachments, to use to attach it to your self, but also a few straps, like big velcro, a nice looking sports arm band, and a nifty water proof case thats 20m water proof.

the water proof case also had a tripod mount, which would be perfect for ram mount tripod mount,

Storm Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:52 AM   #2
fierostetz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 237
Any particular reason for not just getting a gopro? Not intended to be inflammatory, figured maybe there's a feature that hooked you or something.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #3
SnowMule
[angry moth noises]

Oddometer: 17,544
...because it's 1/4 the cost of a gopro?
Old 02-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #4
Storm Shadow OP
Thread Ninja

Well i have an atc9000 on my bike. But i coz i wear it at work. Turning it on for evidence i wanted small clip to my vest flat and water proof invase it rains

send on a small touch screen by a guy with fat fingers
Old 02-06-2013, 01:11 AM   #5
coupe1942
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
You can argue all you wish about the cost of stepping up to a GoPro, but if you have owned both, plus several others, your not just talking cost in the least. The GoPro will outshine the Swann in virtually everything you can test and compare it to. My Swann sits on a shelf and no longer gets any use, but I keep it as a possible backup camera. For a variety of reasons, I don't like it at all and do not recommend it to anyone else for consideration as a main action cam. Especially if you plan to use it on a motorcycle. Just my take on it though and you can spend your money as you wish. Even my old Hero 960 will outperform the Swann and certainly my Silver H3 will, too.

Withoht getting all that technical mumbo jumbo in comparing the two makes of cameras, it is essentially like comparing a VW to a Rolls. As bad as goPro may be with their service staff, your are totally on your own with the Swann stuff. As to being a back up camera, that is really the only good quaility I have found with mine. The good thing though, is that I have not needed to use it as such in over a year now. Dust to dust and rust to rust with the Swann. I really do wish I had forked out that same money spent on it and gone with a Hero 2 at the time. Saving coins does not always mean your really getting a bargain in the process.

There is a reason Dogs do not live as long as we do. They are your Resume' in Heaven...
coupe1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:59 AM   #6
Storm Shadow OP
Thread Ninja

it cost me 90 bucks delivered, and its a new camera, i had the swan thumb cam, which i paid 40 bucks for which has lasted me a year at work, it still works, but just temperamental, its had a hard life