User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #1
TheReaper! OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 635
2014 honda ctx700 dct abs (ctx700d)

Any one test drive or seen one in person ? Looks like a DN-01 ?

TheReaper!

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2...00D)-109732295
TheReaper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,684
Look pretty cool but I have not seen one yet.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #3
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,410
Old 04-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #4
CaptnJim
Scootist

Oddometer: 767
That is a good-looking bike! I'm not a big fan of the forward pegs/controls, but I'm also not in the market.

The accessories look sharp and functional...

http://powersports.honda.com/2014/ct...ryPreview.aspx

Really. Not in the market. Ohhhh, the red is really nice.... no! Not in the market.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #5
aidanpryde18
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
I really like the blacked out look of the Naked model better.

It's the same engine and tranny as the NC series. I'm not sure if they raked it out any, but I would imagine that it is largely the same except for seating position.
aidanpryde18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:11 AM   #6
kantuckid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,668
I just checked the specs & it is 500.4 #'s curb weight. Other than the fact that it's an auto shift why (in general comparison) would I spend that much $$$ to get rid of my BMW R1150R-low seat version, that has far more power & weighs much less & is paid for to get the Honda? Is this about not having to shift or whats the attraction otherwise?
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85
kantuckid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:54 PM   #7
TheReaper! OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetalscooter View Post
I sat on this exact bike at the dealer a few days ago , it fit me perfectly . Can't say that happens very often . It needs a matching trunk IMO , and some nice guy (sucker) to buy it and sell it to me for half what he paid for it

From what I've read above 70mph there ain't much left in the throttle . My Big Ruckus will do that and it's only a 250cc scooter , and a heavy 250cc scooter at that . Did I mention the dealer is asking list price at this point ?

TheReaper!
Old 08-04-2013, 02:05 AM   #8
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,411
I also sat on it (the "N" model) and it was a perfect fit. Pegs and controls feel just like my Vulcan 750, which is also a perfect fit. So perfect in fact that I have 160,000 miles on Vulcan 750s. The seat may not be as good, only racking up some miles would tell you that. But I gave up on the idea of buying one. Even with the automatic transmission, it is still a motorcycle, and in the not to distant future, I am going to have a very difficult time getting on and off of a motorcycle, so I will probably be making a permanent move to scooters. If this bike had come out several years ago, I would have almost certainly bought one. I am only 54, but have some severe orthopedic issues. I am retiring at 55, and hope to spend the next several years riding, even if it is on a scooter. Two wheels is two wheels. No trikes for me for a long time.

And I certainly don't see anything ugly about the CTX, when compared to other "modern" motorcycles.
JerryH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:53 AM   #9
quasigentrified
Cityfolk

Oddometer: 624
i just dislike all the plastic! it's a LOT of plastic, more plastic than most scooters. my preference in bikes is the same as my preference in women: small, light, little plastic and as naked as you can get 'em!
Old 08-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #10
dduelin
Oh boy that was close

Oddometer: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper! View Post
.....snipped....
From what I've read above 70mph there ain't much left in the throttle . My Big Ruckus will do that and it's only a 250cc scooter , and a heavy 250cc scooter at that . Did I mention the dealer is asking list price at this point ?

TheReaper!
I don't know where you read that but this family of bikes does the ton easily and has plenty of passing power left at 70, 80, 90 mph. That's what gears are for even on bikes like the DCT model of the 700's. It is an automatic clutch 6 speed not a CVT. One can choose a manual mode to paddle shift at will or leave it in Auto and poke the - paddle to manually downshift to pick up the pace for passing or just speeding up. Quickly rolling on the throttle at 70 mph the DCT kicks down a couple gears like a rider would with a manual transmission if they needed all the 670cc could deliver. If the roll on is gradual it stays in 6th, again like an experienced rider would.

Reading through this thread it appeared that it is not well known that the NC700X and CTX700s are available with either the manual 6 speed or a DCT transmission.

Dave
dduelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #11
quasigentrified
Cityfolk

Oddometer: 624
yeah, i passed a truck at almost 100 this morning heading out to leavenworth. thumbed the gear down to 5th and it didn't shift back up until the engine was nearly at redline. i don't there's gonna be much left after that, but if you wanna squid out, this ain't the bike for it
Old 08-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #12
TheReaper! OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dduelin View Post
I don't know where you read that but this family of bikes does the ton easily and has plenty of passing power left at 70, 80, 90 mph. That's what gears are for even on bikes like the DCT model of the 700's. It is an automatic clutch 6 speed not a CVT. One can choose a manual mode to paddle shift at will or leave it in Auto and poke the - paddle to manually downshift to pick up the pace for passing or just speeding up. Quickly rolling on the throttle at 70 mph the DCT kicks down a couple gears like a rider would with a manual transmission if they needed all the 670cc could deliver. If the roll on is gradual it stays in 6th, again like an experienced rider would.

Reading through this thread it appeared that it is not well known that the NC700X and CTX700s are available with either the manual 6 speed or a DCT transmission.
I read it on the new forum for these bikes from a new owner . TheReaper!