Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
TheReaper! OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 638
Got a Burgy 650 today

This is my son back from a test ride , he likes

It's a one owner 2006 with 4800 miles , has a few scratches you can see in pic .

Other than those few scratches condition is pristine and runs like new .

Always wanted on of these but it's hard to steal one if you know what I mean .

$3,000 cash . yippee

TheReaper!

Sorry not for sale LOL
TheReaper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Oddometer: 29,944
Yeah buddy! You got a deal on a fantastic bike. You'll love it.
Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:00 PM   #3
CaseyJones
Ridin' that train

Oddometer: 753
Jeez. THREE thou? Five thousand miles?

Did you have to buy a gun and a mask, too?
CaseyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:52 PM   #4
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,710
Nice bike and awesome deal!!!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #5
Domromer
Desert Rat

Oddometer: 1,084
Very nice.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851060 ... A desert rat explores the south.
Domromer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:05 AM   #6
Tarka
Doesn't wave back.

Oddometer: 1,948
Congrats!
Good looking Burgie and a killer deal.

Although I use and love all my other bikes I still rate my Burgie 650 Exec as the best two wheeler I`ve ever owned....hope you enjoy yours!

I'd only waste my money if I didn`t spend it on all my bikes......
Tarka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:36 AM   #7
klx250sfguy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 506
Great deal

You did good. Nice looking machine and fantastic price. You have a Big Ruck too I see. I like the batwing windshield. I just picked up a Ruckus recently, heck of a deal ($700).

[IMG][/IMG]
klx250sfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:44 PM   #8
TheReaper! OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 638
Took a couple of hours today and did a little detailing , now it's presentable .
It's been sitting in the PO's garage getting dusty for a while . Also , he was not what you might call picky when it comes to CLEAN ! Any way here are a few more pics in the more "presentable stage" . I have to say that now that it's cleaned up I like it even better . This really was a great deal . TheReaper!

TheReaper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:56 PM   #9
CaseyJones
Ridin' that train

It's a fine complement in your garage to the BR. Each is everything the other is not.

I'm using my 650 as my "touring bike" - it's that good; there's that much luggage capacity on it. For around town, it's either my BR or my RucKlone. Depends on where and whether there's worry about vandalism or theft. Both draw attention; but the Klone is a commodity - some butt-head steals it, I can have another tomorrow.

Anyway...the B650 is the gentleman's way to go scooter-touring. Top speed: Over 100.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #10
Domromer
Desert Rat

That is an awesome amount of storage space.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851060 ... A desert rat explores the south.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:17 AM   #11
Domromer
Desert Rat

I need to do this on my vstrom.. I just wore out another tire after only 2k. Just gotta find a place that will mount them.

Old 06-22-2013, 07:11 AM   #12
DougFromKentucky
Old Fart

Oddometer: 404
I bought me a new (to me) Burgman 650 Ex a couple of months ago. The car tire on the back idea has never called to me before, but considering that I ride two-up most of the time now I am thinking about it. I think I have read every thread on using a car tire on the back over at the Burgman USA site. Still not sure as I also read the article in Rider Magazine some months ago that absolutely does not recommend them.

Still thinking...

Mounting is no problem for me as I have a motorcycle tire changing setup here at the house. I can even balance them. The setup has been well worth the investment for me.

USMC 1970-1978: HMH-463 Evacuation of Saigon - April 1975, Evacuation of Phnom Phen during the Killing Fields Spring of 1975
DougFromKentucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:30 AM   #13
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,398
Cool2

Skeptics of using car tire on 2-wheel vehicles usually have no practical experience with the subject.

Check out the Darkside Forum for feedback from people who actually have experience with the topic.

Burgman 650 Darksiders

Cat0020 screwed with this post 06-22-2013 at 05:04 PM
Cat0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #14
CaseyJones
Ridin' that train

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/tec...n_motorcycles/

Quote:
"...However I recently received e-mail from a fellow that subscribes to the Darkside, (http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com) which is forum for car/motorcycle tire conversion enthusiasts. It stated in part that "the number of riders going to a car tire is growing by leaps and bounds and I think it (the use of car tires) needs to be tested by pros and the information published," So I suppose some comment is expected.

At the risk of sounding argumentative, not that it's ever stopped me before, I'd point out that both the tire and the motorcycle manufacturers have already done plenty of testing, and that's exactly why new motorcycles come with the tires they do, It's also why both warn against fitting anything but an approved motorcycle tire to a motorcycle. I'd also suggest that if we mounted a car tire to a test bike, and then wadded the thing up, we'd be left holding a large and very messy legal bag that no one, especially no one employed in the legal department at Motorcycle Cruiser, would be interested in taking off our hands."

The idea that a casual ride "test" is worth more than decades of work of tire and motorcycle engineers and designers is specious. I don't need to "test" every electrical outlet in my house with wet fingers, to know that most of them will electrocute me. There might be one or two that won't...but it's safe to generalize.

CaseyJones screwed with this post 06-23-2013 at 07:55 PM
Old 06-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #15
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/tec...n_motorcycles/

The idea that a casual ride "test" is worth more than decades of work of tire and motorcycle engineers and designers is specious. I don't need to "test" every electrical outlet in my house with wet fingers, to know that most of them will electrocute me. There might be one or two that won't...but it's safe to generalize.
If the only way to test electrical outlet you can a think of is to get electrocuted with wet fingers; then you're not very smart.

People who publish articles for the masses are smart enough to avoid the 'legal' issues of making endorsement of something that's out of the ordinary like using car tire on motorcycle.

To be innovative, to improve on the status quo; not only do you have to think out of the box, but actually take risks and do things out of the ordinary.