User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #1
Smoke Eater 3 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 563
Klim or Rev'it

So this has probably been covered but i can't really find it. I'm looking at either the Rev'it Outback or the Klim Overland jacket. They both seem to be top quality but I've read some downsides of each one. Since I live out in the weeds I need to order online which make it a PITA if I have to return things.

Any opinions on either jacket or company?
Smoke Eater 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #2
hyperboarder
Potato Farmer

Oddometer: 1,024
Klim. Haven't owned Rev-It but the Klim stuff I have has never failed to impress.

Quarter Life Crisis 2011 Ural National Rally
hyperboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #3
keiji
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,007
Klim.

My personal experience with rev'it is that it looks good, and fits great, but there's some corner that's cut somewhere that will show itself in a year or two and cause it to fall apart at the seams.
keiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #4
Auto-X Fil
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 540
My Klim Dakar pants are not built nearly as well as my Rev'It Cayenne jacket. Small sample size, and probably not a fair fight, so take it with lots of salt.
Auto-X Fil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #5
lacofdfireman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto-X Fil View Post
My Klim Dakar pants are not built nearly as well as my Rev'It Cayenne jacket. Small sample size, and probably not a fair fight, so take it with lots of salt.
Rev'it Cayenne was the top of the line a few years ago. Klim Dakar is not anywhere near Klim's top of the line so can't really compare these 2 in my opinion. I own some Rev'it Pro Cayenne gear and it is still top notch. To bad I''ve outgrown it. It's in the market. Rev'it will get another serious look when I go to buy more gear. I just like there stuff cause it just plain works..
lacofdfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #6
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by keiji View Post
klim.

My personal experience with rev'it is that it looks good, and fits great, but there's some corner that's cut somewhere that will show itself in a year or two and cause it to fall apart at the seams.
+1
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #7
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,189
I had the top of the line RevIt gear before I went to Aerostich.. and now KLIM.. it was 3 or 4 years ago...but it just wasnt made all that well. I have heard that they have improved the quality over the last couple of years though.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #8
DanMac
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
<3 revit

I have a rev'it turbine jacket and I've had it for a bit over 2 years now. Always been flawless. No issues at all. No loose stitches, no strings, nothing.

I might just be a lucky one, but the rev'it turbine is by far my favorite jacket.
DanMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #9
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
I had the top of the line RevIt gear before I went to Aerostich.. and now KLIM.. it was 3 or 4 years ago...but it just wasnt made all that well. I have heard that they have improved the quality over the last couple of years though.
Which one are you talking about? Revit, Aerostich, or Klim?

Newfoundland 2012

James Bay 2014
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:07 AM   #10
xit109
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
I have 3 pieces from Rev'it and 2 from Klim. I like the way the Rev'it gear moves while wearing it better. I also like the layout of pockets and zippers better. The Klim feels more substantial. I bought the different pieces for different reasons and at very different price points so I don't think an apples to apples comparison would be fair from me. However, I do think both companies make a nice product. If I had to pick one it would be Klim because I feel that there is better protection. Also what I own from Klim doesn't require separate layers for rain protection. All my Rev'it gear has multiple layers. That is something I find mildly inconvenient in my riding climate.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:51 AM   #11
robfilms
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 361
does olympia deserve to stand alongside klim and rev'it?

thanks in advance.

be well.

rob
robfilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:36 AM   #12
Daemon Angel
n00b

Oddometer: 9
I have all my gear from Rev'it at the moment and as someone commented above, it really looks nice but somehow always seems to fail somewhere.
Since I'm more of a road rider and daily commute to work with the bike I'm looking at Stadler gear (not adventure style ofcourse).
Otherwise I would also be looking at the walking billboard, I mean Klim

The leather outfit I have from Rev'it (higher end price point). I had to bring back the pants 2 times now for restitching. The vest 1 time. The tarmac gloves (highest price point) have been restitched 4 times and in the end they gave new because they completely came apart (how would they look like if I fell on them? Don't really thrust them). - 2 years old gear

The Rev'it textile is the navigator jacket and sand pants.
New membrane already for the navigator and the pants membrane is starting to leak now too (1 year and 2 months old).
Buttons on the navigator at the collar had to be replaced and already broke again. Zippers are failing and the velcro, what velcro?

For the rest I like the fit and to wear it. Also the pockets and ventilation is good. But the finish of the product is not that good. Too bad.
Even in their high price range I would not doubt for example the stitching.

Kinda sums up my experience with Rev'it :p
Seems nice for offroad use if you plan to wear a protection suit under it as the protection doesn't stay in place at all. Abrasion resistance also is kinda doubtful on road. And when you don't plan to wear it that long/often. But the price point is also not that high as brands like Klim or Rukka or Stadler
Daemon Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #13
Smoke Eater 3 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 563
Thanks.

Kind of what I expected. Different opinions from everyone but good ones. I think I just need to flip a coin and place an order.
Smoke Eater 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #14
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Eater 3 View Post
I think I just need to flip a coin and place an order.
In that case, probably your biggest consideration should be whether you want to be waterproof 100% of the time, or have the ability to remove the liners.

The other serious consideration is your value in high end materials (Goretex,Cordura), vs. generic (Polyester, PWR/Wax, Hydratex).
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #15
señormoto
Supermoto Abuser

Oddometer: 1,110
I own multiple sets of both brands. I'd say, in general, Revit is more street oriented and even their supposed offroad/adv gear is not great offroad. Klim makes amazing offroad gear but doesn't make any onroad specific gear. Choose accordingly.