Aerostitch Combat Touring.

Made by Sidi, so
Old 07-26-2009, 06:17 AM   #47
Gargoyle
Trail Jester

Oddometer: 1,144
Crossfires

Can you post which model of SIDI you wear. Crossfire
Where you bought them from? Dutchess Recreational Vehicles (New York)
Price paid? $500
What type of use? Offroad riding.
Pros? Light weight, great feel/fit, superb buckle system, everything.
Cons? Nothing.

What you would change about them? Nothing so far.
And if possible a picture of your SIDI?

What size sneaker do you usually wear and what size boot did you get? Sneaker 10.5 ... boot 10 US
Berkshire Trail Riders on Facebook or follow me on Twitter
Gargoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:33 PM   #48
lm002e
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 287
Sidi Discovery Rain for DS/Adv Touring duty. Love this boot. Great protection, comfortable from the first day and waterproof. On the downside, they can be hot down here in Texas (but then again, everything is hot down here, it doesn't matter what u wear). I took the metal toe caps off as they provide zero traction on the tarmac and tear up my hardwood floors. Size 44 euro/size 10 american. Price: 240 on ebay.

Vertebra 2 for zipping around town on my R1. This boot fits like a slipper, has held up through 2 wrecks, and after 5 years and tens of thousands of miles, it doesn't have a single thing that's even starting to come undone on it. I have no doubt this boot will last for many more years. Size 44 euro/10 american. Price: 180. don't remember the name of the bike shop.
lm002e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:06 PM   #49
Bonebag
ADDvrider

Oddometer: 5,348
discovery Rain

Discovery Rain
Where you bought them from? Metro Motorcycles Neenah, WI
Price paid? 260
What type of use? light Off road duty and Everything else from touring to commuting
Pros? Waterproof, Comfortable, Comfortable, Comfortable, Replaceable Sole
Cons? Not enough protection for light off road duty
Crossfire T/A
Where you bought them from? Metro Motorcycles Neenah, WI
Price paid? 400ish
What type of use? Off Road
Pros? Comfortable, Not advertised as waterproof..but no problems, Replaceable everything, Comfortable, Heavy Duty..top of the line
Cons? Wish they were flexible enough to wear as every day riders..I think they should have a Discovery/Crossfire hybrid
Bonebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:56 PM   #50
Manymotos
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
SIDI On Road

SIDI On Road
Where you bought them from? Motorcycle Superstore
Price paid? $325
What type of use? Mainly on road, long trips, all weather all seasons
Pros? Comfortable, waterproof, strong
Cons? Slow to put on, four velcro straps per boot.

Just ordered a pair of TCX Infinity boots. I favor their two buckle latch up design. Considered the SIDI Canyon but prefered the extra buckle latch on the TCX although both boots are extremely nice.
Manymotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:29 AM   #51
Maddaddy
Greg

Oddometer: 1,638
crossfires

Got them on sale from Renton Motor sports in WA for $200.00

I had Garne, but they didn't fit my foot shape.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:40 AM   #52
Geodesic
Explorer

Oddometer: 176
Canyons

I have the Goretex Canyons, shoe size 10.5US and the 44s are roomy, but not overly so.

Where you bought them from? Beaverton Motorcycle (OR)
Price paid? $270
What type of use? Commuting, fire roads
Pros? Ultra comfortable, very waterproof
Cons? A little loose fitting in the calf. The suede finish tends to fade and hold dust and dirt, which I don't mind but was a bit surprised by after I bought them. Because of that, don't plan on using them as business wear.

I think if the canyons had one more strap above the ankle they'd be about perfect for my riding style. Even so, the vecro is fine. They are possibly more comfortable than any shoes I own, and the quality is very good.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:32 PM   #53
X-Ray
Over Radiated

Oddometer: 204
Sidi Strada Evo Air

I usually wear an 11 and got a size 45 - I have a normal to narrow foot. Toe to heel perfect but a little snug in the distal metatarsal area. Expect them to loosen up a bit to be perfect. Great ventilation. I don't go off-road hardly at all and this is not a DS boot. Would get something with way more protection if I was going off-road, probably at least the Discovery or Crossfire. But for hot weather road riding, these are fantastic.

Also have a pair of Rev'It! Apache boots in 45. They are fine toe to heel but way looser side to side - would be good for a wide foot. Very comfortable, but I wouldn't DS in them much. I had to adjust the shifter for the larger toe box on the Apache. Will need to lower the shifter back to stock for the Stradas.

The Sidi boots are super nice, you won't be disappointed. I am considering the Discovery for a winter street riding boot. My wife purchased the Stradas from newenough.com and probably paid around $220 with free shipping. (yeah, I'll keep her - as motorcyclefanatic aptly stated, "You're not trading up from that!!!." )

EDIT 9/10/09: Okay, I bought the Sidi Discovery boots. Local BMW dealer had them on sale. I almost ordered a size 45 from NewEnough.com based on the Strada Evos being snug. I was able to try on the 44 and 45 Discovery. The 44 fit perfect and the 45 was a bit too loose. So, I would say the Stradas run a bit smaller than stated size and are good if you have a narrow foot. The Discos run a bit larger than stated size and are more comfortable side to side initially - if that helps anyone. Oh, and the Discos are fantastic. I removed the metal toe pieces since they may cause you to slip if you're on the bike and not totally flat footed. I'm definitely sold on Sidi. Great stuff!

X-Ray screwed with this post 07-20-2011 at 09:26 PM
X-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:22 PM   #54
fmjnathan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Sidi (unknown other than road boot)

Paid $20 for street riding. Used from a friend. Best investment cuz of comfort and protection.
fmjnathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:27 PM   #55
jtwind
Wisconsin Airhead

Oddometer: 3,482
Have a couple pair of Sidi MC boots Discovery's and Champions, not to mention 4-5 pairs of their bicycle shoes. They fit me well and are very comfortable, have taken some walks with them that I wouldn't have attempted in any other MC boots. Don't remember where or how much any more.

www.northwoodsairheads.com
www.jefftrappwindsors.com

"Between two explanations, choose the clearest; between two forms,
the most elementary; between two expressions, the shortest."
Between two motorcycles the simplest (DW)
Eugeni d' Ors (1881-1954); Spanish writer.

jtwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:27 PM   #56
GrommettAZ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Sidi Discovery Rain

Size 45 and I wear a 10.5 shoe. They are right on size with cycling shoes. I did try on a 45 in the Crossfire and thought they were a bit too snug, but the 45 in the DR was perfect. Bought them at Cyclegear in Phoenix. This was not something the store stocked but the guy ordered a 46 for me (based on the crossfire being too small) and it was too big so he ordered a 45 instead. i am finding the their "satisfaction guaranteed" is trully guaranteed. Anyhow, the boots were broke in in about 20 minutes and are a really great DS boot. You can actually walk around comfortably in them. They are a bit warm, but I am writing this review in July from Arizona. I do not regret the purchase one bit...325 dollars by the way.
GrommettAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:04 PM   #57
Mugwest

Oddometer: 5,733
like Jeff above, i came to Sidi from bicycle cleat usage.

when it was time to get serious about moto boots Sidi was a natural choice: Disco's with the hard gum rubber sole and big latches. Bought June 2003 from Motonation for a hair under $300, and i still wear them every day. Size 44 and my normal shoe is US 10. I have to wear double socks, but i do that anyway (wicking New Balance stockings w/ Woolrich).
They are waterproof when it is not raining, when it rains they are flip-flops (this was before the customer onslaught of complaints prompted Sidi to re-brand them as 'Discovery-Rain' )

Mine have needed cobblering 2x for disintegrating stitches where the tongue meets the upper, and as of now the stitching around the plastic exterior heel cups is gone, and i finally wore through the shift pad on the left boot last month. I'll get a new pair of boots (likely Force etc w/ the dirt sole) and get these Discos refurbed. I wear A-stars Tech stuff in the dirt for now, but the Force series may replace them.

The Discos have 6 years and untold walk/ride miles in them-- they're waaay too floppy for any dirt use now, but still OK for commuting/street. Once refurbed they'll be good for another 6 i'll bet. Talk about value-for-money

I'm def w/ Annie: it's dirt/DS boots for me 24/7/365 no matter what profile i'm riding. I'm too used to the support and rigidity now that a street boot just feels like Chuck Taylors now. After yesterday's gravel lowside i'm loving my Discos all the more.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:43 PM   #58
squish
Out of the office.

Oddometer: 5,845
I've got
Sidi Interstates (old street boots)
Sidi vertabra air (pre kent vent) Road Race boots
Combat Touring Boots (made by Side) Faux dirtboots
Crossfire TA MotoX boots with the more flexible sole

Most boots are size 42-43
I wear a street shoe of 9-10.5 depending on how I will be using socks

I bought my Crossfires this last summer
I didn't even have to try them on
I order the size I wear and they fit right out of the box

I'm totally happy with Sidi's leather boots
The lorica boots not so much.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:51 AM   #59
onesaintsfan
BigJohnHart

Oddometer: 1,282
Aerostich Combat Touring Boots ( made by Sidi )

Bought from Aerostich $337 with shipping. Only had a month and 80% broken in so jury still out. Always wanted so got em!

General Touring with some off-road

Pros......Tough as Fargin Nails, Should last forever on average rider
Cons.....Expensive, Nightmare to break-in, not waterproof.

Caution.... They do run big. Most all 14s I buy fit right. These fit like a 15

2008 BMW R1200GSA Mary Jane
2005 Chaparral 210ssi " Native Sun II "
onesaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:21 AM   #60
Bbasso OP
my name is Rob

Oddometer: 1,878
YIPPIE !
I got my Sidi Charger boots today!
Took a little longer then I hoped, but saving $ is not my strong suit

I have some questions...
I normaly wear a size 10 boot or sneaker and have a bit of room to spare. So with that in mind I order size 10 boots.

But they are super tight across the top of my arch :(
I don't have a wide foot, just normal.

Will they break in / loosen up?

The length is just right, I can wiggle my toes and not feel/touch the tip and my heal feels planted but not too tight.

So ordering a size larger will only make them longer and not help with the width.

What do I do?
can a local shoe smith stretch them, I'm talking a very small amount would make a big difference.

Oh yeah, a Picture for the picture whores

Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote