Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 03:12 AM   #16
9Dave OP
Bazinga!

Oddometer: 12,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPatriot
Back to the original topic, ordered City Nav NT this week, and the 2010 version arrived.
I moved all the Mac questions/answers to the Mac thread they would be in a logical place to find. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331421

Regarding installing everything on the C:, I can appreciate the desire to store it elsewhere, and hopefully that will be fixed in future versions. Garmin is certainly programming to the masses, who have one big disk on their computer, and it's called C:

As for response times, I find that my best bet is to call early in the day, or late in the afternoon. I've never had hours long waits doing that.

dunno.....
9Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:45 AM   #17
MotoJim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 208
Garmin's reason for C: drive only

Garmin is going to be implementing a more automated map updating process. They need to know where the data is on your machine to facilitate the update. So it's not going away in the future. That's what the garmin software person told me.

I understand why they are doing it because it greatly simplifies the updating process. I still think it sucks. If there's enough public outrage they may be forced to change this.

I'm tired of waiting on the phone with Garmin. I have over 5.5 hours of hold time this week. I have talked to multiple people at Garmin and I'm still waiting for someone to enter a correct registration date for my most recent GPS.

It doesn't look like Lowrance is going to provide much competition. They only have two automotive offerings on their web site now, the XOG and the Baja.

Jim
MotoJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:02 AM   #18
daGeeeze
Geeezed lightning

Oddometer: 1,876
It's been a long time since I played with Disk Manager on Windows. Isn't there a way to "join" two disks at a point so that a drive D: (or E:) can show up as a subfolder? You could make c:\Garmin be another disk that way if that works.

Pat aka Geeeze
daGeeeze is offline   Reply With Quote