User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2009, 03:53 PM   #16
prariedog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Baja etc

Sounds great -= I'm up for absolutely anything except bandits and warm beer. Better talk to Calloushands though - it's his thread. More the merrier though
prariedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:56 PM   #17
prariedog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
baja etc

Sounds great. My last reply didn't go through. I'd be up for anything. Check with calloushands - it's his thread
prariedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:50 PM   #18
balloonman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
Think fun

We have nothing to fear but fear itsself.

I have wintered in Oaxaca 20 years Jan to Mar and enjoy taking different routes to and fro. Cross the border early and get a day south. A money belt and backup credit card, fake wallet just incase, Toilet paper and handy wipes. Many motels have a court yard, restraunt, gates or watchmen. Pemix gas stations have guards with machine guns as do toll booths on innerstate. Federal and military checks are looking for guns if your going south and drugs if your going north.

I have crashed a sleep on the road side in the strangest places, been ran off or fead and charged 20p for camping. That black thing on the roof is your water heater so the further you go south the warmer the water.

Last year I motorcycled 05 klr 650 south on hwy 105 to Pachuca then east on hwy 130 to hwy 117 south where I got lost and thought I had permission to camp. I was woke by a man who got off a buss there and wanted $$ so I gave him 20p then woke later by Feds who wanted an ID. 3am woke by Feds again and I ask if they wanted me to move? They said go back to sleep, no extortion, I had 3k hid 1/3 in peaso and a credit card.

In the state of Oaxaca hwy 150 east to hwy 125 south, on hwy 200 south east I almost ran over a army boy with a big gun. One poorly lighting check point before Puerto Escondido. Yes I was stupid to get cought riding after dark and almost rearended the leed car. Check this sites for info.

tomzap.com
johnzap.com
mapsofmexico.com

Go for fun. If your afraid, stop long before dark and pay to stay. Tom

balloonman screwed with this post 03-16-2009 at 05:12 PM
balloonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:45 PM   #19
GEOGATOR

Oddometer: n/a
Mexico in September - October - Looking for Riding Buddies

Did you go to Mexico? How was the trip?
Old 07-17-2009, 09:34 AM   #20
SR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,014
Give me a shout if you pass through Durango. I am usually up for a few days of riding either west to the Sierra or east to Zacatecas. I know the Sierra well but the wife won't let me go there alone.

Salud

Stephen

SR screwed with this post 07-19-2009 at 09:59 PM
SR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:47 PM   #21
abogado68
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEOGATOR
Let me know how the trip goes. I am still interested in going this summer. June or July time frame. I'm looking to cross the border at McAllen, TX and stay one night in Monterey before heading toward San Luis Potosi and maybe gulf coast beaches. Is there a good motorcycle friendly place to stay in Monterey? Does anyone know of any beaches between Texas and Tampico that would be nice to visit? Blonde hair and Blue eyes with very weak spanish skills so there is no way I don't look like a tourist.
Try looking at the followinf web page www.soybiker.com

Post there, it's a huge motorcycle gang called L.O.M.O (the most hated assholes Los Ojetes Mas Odiaddos) join the forum, the group was born in Mexico and it has chapters in the USA. Last month a ride began in San Antonio, Texas all the way down to Ixtapa, it was a fund raiser for charity. They will give you a lot of info and their phone numbers in case you need help.

I'm an attorney in Zamora, Michoacan. I'm from Salinas, Ca. I have a sister office in San Francisco, Ca. My partner who is 67 years old came down two months ago on his bike (Kawasaki zX-11) he stayed a week and rode back to SFO. I ride also (Suzuki Katana 750 cc). There is a fellow advrider American refugee who lives in Jocotepec, Jalisco. You worst nightmare will be choosing where to eat because of all the good food and also trying to find a way on smuggling into the USA all the bottles of tequila you bought. If it's your first time into Mexico stay on the cuota. From Mcallen, Texas is a straight shot down. I would reccomend you visit also the state of Guanajuato. From Mcallen is about 9 hrs. Visit colonial Mexico first then the beaches. First absorb what Mexico really is, then the American/Mexican resorts. The 30th, 31st of July and 1 of August, there will be a motorcycle convention in Zacatecas, come down. Look up Zacatecas on google. Give me a call and maybe I will ride with you.

Raul.

e-mail: zam5125665@prodigy.net.mx
Phone number dialing from the USA: 011 52 351 131 0818
abogado68 is offline   Reply With Quote