Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2004, 05:54 PM   #61
sfarson OP
On a Ride

Oddometer: 2,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstodvictory
My 2000 Victory V92C. I rode for many years before stradling a cruiser and this is my first. I can be satisfied just putting along on this, or crank up the juice and have fun in the twisties as well. Mods include JE 10.5:1 pistons, Andrews #2 cams, K&N filter & performance pipes, D&D chip, Techlusion fuel manager, Mustang Seat, Champion "Patriot" bags. I've owned and sold a lot of bikes, but I'll never ditch this one.
Steve
sstodvictory... Looks like you might have one of the early or first Victory's. Was this the first or second year of production? Yes, hang on to this ride!
sfarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 07:12 PM   #62
dm_gsxr
Weirdo Freak

Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarson
Eeyore... Nice! Knowing the roads in the Ozarks (if you're close), this would be one of the better H-D's to have!
I dunno. I had one before I got the FXSTI and really prefer the Softail. I think the main reason was the forward controls. I was hooked 17 years ago when I first got on a Softail. I'm not much of a fan of windscreens although I like the one on the Suzuki. Lets me duck down when I've upped the speed a tad :-)

I have a minor project that needs to be done but I'm going to try and head up into the mountains tomorrow on the Harley. I'll capture some pics :-)

Carl
dm_gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 07:37 PM   #63
sstodvictory
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
Quote:
......Looks like you might have one of the early or first Victory's. Was this the first or second year of production?....
Second year. In '00 they changed the subframe, different Fox shock (later switched to the '99 shock in a recall), redesigned the airbox (more power), different primary case cover, lowered the shifter lever fulcrum point, a few internal changes. They made small changes mid-run throughout '99 and '00.

This unit was the design platform for Mustang seats, and Champion took their gray color match from my gas tank. There's a '99 V92C with over 150,000 miles on it now.

http://www.roadkillonline.net/

Steve
sstodvictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 09:02 PM   #64
lockbody
Lurker extraordinaire

Oddometer: 20
Victory!

Hey a Victory. Finally a thread I can post on!

Here's my '04 Victory Touring Cruiser. A wonderful platform for the wife and me for a two week trip out west this past summer.

Mustang did that saddle right, too. Got the wife to pull 500 - 600 miles a day with nary a complaint.

lockbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 06:54 AM   #65
JDT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 146
Sfarson, that is some beautiful countryside. I always love it when I get to go to Colorado on business because of the mountains.

I was born in Denver, lived in Ft Collins, but left at a very early, early age. Don't remember any of it.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:26 PM   #66
eoR
Thanks For Noticing Me

Oddometer: 4,646
Quote:
Eeyore... Nice! Knowing the roads in the Ozarks (if you're close), this would be one of the better H-D's to have!
It's not as comfortable as a Road King but I prefer the mid controls and higher ground clearance of the Superglides. I feel very fortunate to have quick access to some fantastic riding nearby...both paved and unpaved.

Here's the wife's bike....

My continuing tale of life and riding in the Arkansas Ozarks: Wandering About In The Hundred [Thousand] Acre Wood
eoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 09:30 PM   #67
Fireball
Robot Doc

Oddometer: 2,569
Here's my Super Glide...stuffed for a road trip...

Fireball screwed with this post 12-15-2005 at 03:49 PM
Fireball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 02:48 PM   #68
lockbody
Lurker extraordinaire

Oddometer: 20
Toad,
Although not under this name, I'm on TheVMC also, and hated to see Mr B. sell his TC. My wife was very comfortable on the back of mine this summer, but to each their own. I hope he puts many pleasurable miles on that GL.

Bob
lockbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 03:12 PM   #69
Ultrafirebike
Flaccid Member

Oddometer: 1,081
Sfarson

I've been working diligently on the MTF calendar until a few days ago...so when I saw the Sfarson...I knew what I'd find. You've got about 4 or 5 pictures in the calendar, so I hope you ordered a few. I love the pics of your driveway. I suppose I can post a pic of my HD. I have a GSA and then there's this:

It's an '02 and I tend to ride it often, well as often as you can with 2 bikes. There's almost 45,000 on the odometer, with a few hundred aweeks still being added. I ride the GS to work and long distance events, but the HD on Sunday. During the winter it's for Polar Bear rides. Be seeing you on the road
IBA #14019

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckGirl
I'm all about sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvtRide
If you don't wear any panties, you can't get em in a wad.
Ultrafirebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 08:11 PM   #70
sfarson OP
On a Ride

Gregg,

Nice Fire Bike ride. Always like it when I see one of these special bikes around. It is also a great complement to the GSA.

Haven't been very active with MTF nor have I submitted a photo since Jan of this year. Maybe I should reconnect with the group!

Steve
Old 11-28-2004, 10:24 PM   #71
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,223
Thumb Hog's, rule

Howdy All,

I am down to two Hogs in my stable, Here's my Road King Classic,

here's my Rat Shovelhead,

I'v been ridng Hogs since 1961, and will have at least one till the day I die

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 05:33 AM   #72
Ultrafirebike
Flaccid Member

Oddometer: 1,081
Yep

Quote:
Gregg,

Nice Fire Bike ride. Always like it when I see one of these special bikes around. It is also a great complement to the GSA.

Haven't been very active with MTF nor have I submitted a photo since Jan of this year. Maybe I should reconnect with the group!

Steve
it m,ight be a good idea to go

here and order a few calendars. I now you are the January cover shot.

If you won any other month, or were a runner up, then you are in there definately. If I recall, i put several of your shots in there. They ordered 100 that are being printed now, and 80 were sold as of Saturday....so if you want a few, better order them now.
IBA #14019

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckGirl
I'm all about sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvtRide
If you don't wear any panties, you can't get em in a wad.
Ultrafirebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 06:37 AM   #73
Lobby
Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer: 27,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockbody
Hey a Victory. Finally a thread I can post on!

Here's my '04 Victory Touring Cruiser. A wonderful platform for the wife and me for a two week trip out west this past summer.

Mustang did that saddle right, too. Got the wife to pull 500 - 600 miles a day with nary a complaint.

Hey, Lockbody!

Cool, cool bike!

I've been looking at Victory's (and at Harley's, and at ...) But I don't know anything about what owners are saying about 'em. Yeah, I can read the spec sheet, and I drool whenever I see that motor and the lines on that bike!

But what are folks saying? Reliability? Comfort? Victory came out with a new model with a 6 speed tranny; said some customers thought the 5 speed reved too highly on the highway. True? Is there a website anywhere where Victory folks get together?

Thanks for posting!
Lobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 08:49 AM   #74
eoR
Thanks For Noticing Me

Oddometer: 4,646
The Victory Motorcycle Club Forum....

http://www.thevmc.com/megabbs/category-view.asp

My continuing tale of life and riding in the Arkansas Ozarks: Wandering About In The Hundred [Thousand] Acre Wood
eoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 02:59 PM   #75
sfarson OP
On a Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob
Howdy All,

I am down to two Hogs in my stable, Here's my Road King Classic,
here's my Rat Shovelhead,

I'v been ridng Hogs since 1961, and will have at least one till the day I die
Mr. Cob,

Nice combination of Milwaukee Iron. Bet you don't see many like your Shovelhead! Sweet.