User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2009, 12:01 PM   #976
Bokononist

Oddometer: 16,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Dog
I have no problem seeing the egg sit around for awhile so long as it is followed by a long ride. Long rides are suppose to be the nature of the NATOR. Its not so easy to just take off for a long one on a moments notice. It seems to me that a wait now and again is the price we pay.

Yankee Dog
How about a two hour ride? Just to keep it going.

42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:55 PM   #977
DOGSROOT
OUTSIDE

Oddometer: 707
T R A F F I C J A M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete O Static
I am planning on heading down the Blue Ridge for some photo ops of the changing leaves. I see that this Tag O Rama has already included stops along the BRP and Mt Washington, would be nice to put it somewhere different. There is a nice little spot in Lock Haven PA that I want to visit along the way. Thinking I will leave the egg there for someone to pick up in hopes that it will venture south west.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidmark
Am I the only one who thinks sitting on the tag for two weeks is a bit much?

I mean, this is prime riding season in most of NA. I'd rather see the tag bounce around the current tag area some more (and see some other neat buildings/historical sites/natural areas/whatever) than waste two weeks waiting for a tag-holder to take a preplanned motorcycle trip. That's a thread-killer to me.

Flame away if you disagree!
HEY Pete-O-Static

I'se got 2 things ta say.

Like other local folks, I'd of course like to see the EGG bounce around the region a bit too. This would be for altruistic reasons and personal gain. But like I posted before, ain't no rules stopping you from carrying out your diabolical plan.

Regardless of what you decide to do, I have to tell you that when I was down riding the Blue Ridge/Smokey Mountains, all the riders told me to avoid the fall season, or the Plague of Winnebagoes. Seems all sorts of oldsters in RVs flock to the area for the fall colours.
What with you riding a F800 and being a test-pilot and all, I could imagine that would cramp your riding style a bit...

Just sayin'.

This drug won't cure you...but it will put your symptoms to shame
DOGSROOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:30 PM   #978
dirtymartini
Shaken, Not Stirred

Oddometer: 2,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Dog
I have no problem seeing the egg sit around for awhile so long as it is followed by a long ride. Long rides are suppose to be the nature of the NATOR. Its not so easy to just take off for a long one on a moments notice. It seems to me that a wait now and again is the price we pay.

Yankee Dog
Stay tuned Yankee Dog. If I get my mitts on the egg it's headed your way!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington
dirtymartini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:22 PM   #979
Pete O Static
Adventure Seeker

Oddometer: 570
Quote:
Am I the only one who thinks sitting on the tag for two weeks is a bit much?

I mean, this is prime riding season in most of NA. I'd rather see the tag bounce around the current tag area some more (and see some other neat buildings/historical sites/natural areas/whatever) than waste two weeks waiting for a tag-holder to take a preplanned motorcycle trip. That's a thread-killer to me.

Flame away if you disagree!
Squid

My take on it is this. There are obviously more guys South of the border involved in this thread than North. From the reading I have done, it seemed to me that it was more important to get the egg back to the end zone where the majority of the players are waiting. Unfortunately, as soon as it came to Canada, it sat waiting for someone to get it. Simply not a large audience here apparently.

I could take it down the road for you if you like and satisfy the instant gratification of an egg movement, or we can be patient and get it back to where the majority of the members are involved and keep the thread going with a longer term goal in mind. My gut feeling is that most would prefer to wait till the end of the week.

Hey Dogsroot

Thanks for the heads up on the BRP. That is actually the return portion of the itinerary. Southbound is dirt roads via Trough Creek, Monongahela and Jefferson. My thinking was that kids are back to school. Didn't think about the grandparents in the RV!
Pete O Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:51 AM   #980
ULELUZE
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
It was still moving in Canada.. It got stuck when it went out to New Brunswick, but in Ontario it moved around a fair bit... If it was a LONG trip I would say it makes sense, but it is moving 500 km, I have seen it move more then 500 km in one day...
Just my opinion...
ULELUZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:05 AM   #981
Yankee Dog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymartini
Stay tuned Yankee Dog. If I get my mitts on the egg it's headed your way!
If I get it it's headed West of the Mississippi.

Yankee Dog
Yankee Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:15 AM   #982
Squidmark
a.k.a. "The Colonel"

Oddometer: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULELUZE
It was still moving in Canada.. It got stuck when it went out to New Brunswick, but in Ontario it moved around a fair bit... If it was a LONG trip I would say it makes sense, but it is moving 500 km, I have seen it move more then 500 km in one day...
Just my opinion...
The obvious difference between then and now is that in New Brunswick, it was available to dream about, plan a trip for, chase and grab, whereas currently, no one can do anything but twiddle their thumbs.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:30 AM   #983
Pete O Static
Adventure Seeker

When I picked it up, I put a post out with my intentions, giving people the option of another local drop off or waiting till I headed south.

The general opinion was to wait. But if you guys are really that impatient, you are more than welcome to come get it.

PM me and I will drop it off locally.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:01 AM   #984
ULELUZE
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
The obvious difference between then and now is that in New Brunswick, it was available to dream about, plan a trip for, chase and grab, whereas currently, no one can do anything but twiddle their thumbs.
I agree

Quote:
It was the general opinion then was to wait, but I think most people thought it was moving further... I dont think anyone would care if they knew it was moving along to lets say Florida which could take a week or so to get to... But its only moving a few hours from where it is..
I dont mean for the above to sound like whining, just agreeing with Pete that I used to like seeing where it was all the time, thinking I could go grab that and move it here or there... Right now it is no where...

Anyway I think you are leaving in a few days and realistically no one will would move it during the week anyway unless it was in a major city like TO, so this is probably pointless to even discuss now, we should have said something earlier.

ULELUZE screwed with this post 09-15-2009 at 09:51 AM
Old 09-15-2009, 07:30 AM   #985
Pete O Static
Adventure Seeker

............so this is probably pointless to even discuss now, we should have said something earlier.

ULELUZE

I agree, and that opportunity was presented back in post 965. However, I do have some free time before I head out so like I said, if you want to bat the egg around Toronto some more, let me know. I am more than willing to do a new tag. I have a spot picked out with a clue. "Beati Mundo Corde"
Old 09-15-2009, 07:47 AM   #986
Squidmark
a.k.a. "The Colonel"

Oddometer: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULELUZE
Anyway I think you are leaving in a few days and realistically no one will would move it during the week anyway unless it was in a major city like TO, so this is probably pointless to even discuss now, we should have said something earlier.
Agree. Have a nice trip, Pete.

And PM me with the new tag a day before you post it so I can get there first
Old 09-15-2009, 08:10 AM   #987
ULELUZE
Gnarly Adventurer

Trinity College School Port Hope???

You could do that.. I just worry someone else may grab it and move it too far for you to move it where you want in the next week...

Quote:
............so this is probably pointless to even discuss now, we should have said something earlier.

ULELUZE

I agree, and that opportunity was presented back in post 965. However, I do have some free time before I head out so like I said, if you want to bat the egg around Toronto some more, let me know. I am more than willing to do a new tag. I have a spot picked out with a clue. "Beati Mundo Corde"
Old 09-15-2009, 09:03 AM   #988
Pete O Static
Adventure Seeker

I see what you mean now. A little slow on the uptake on my part. I could have dropped it off and then attempted to find it again prior to departure. In hind sight, that probably would have made sense. My apologies for dropping the ball there. I was preoccupied with getting it back into the U.S. where there are more riders.

Cheers
Old 09-15-2009, 09:47 AM   #989
ULELUZE
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I see what you mean now. A little slow on the uptake on my part. I could have dropped it off and then attempted to find it again prior to departure. In hind sight, that probably would have made sense. My apologies for dropping the ball there. I was preoccupied with getting it back into the U.S. where there are more riders.

Cheers
Never know, it may not stay in the US for long.... There could be a Canada USA rivalry for who gets to keep the Egg
Old 09-15-2009, 02:17 PM   #990
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 16,092
Quote:
The obvious difference between then and now is that in New Brunswick, it was available to dream about, plan a trip for, chase and grab, whereas currently, no one can do anything but piss and moan.
Where was everyone when I first "broke" the game taking it to Canada? It was even closer than NB...

Feext, btw.

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote