Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2009, 06:45 PM   #11
The Jerk OP
Bring us some fresh wine!

Oddometer: 2,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCGS
That's a helluva find.. the bike looks like it just came out of the box. Tell us the story behind how you found it.
It's pretty straightforward, I got to poking around craigslist and eBay to see what was out there and found zero. A few days later I hit eBay again and this was the only one. Had a very reasonable "buy it now" price so I scheduled an appt. with the guy to see the bike all the while crossing my fingers that someone wouldn't snap it up.

As soon as I saw the condition the bike was in, I knew that was it. I pulled out my iPhone and hit "buy it now" on the spot.

Got the cash together and picked it up the following weekend.

Quote:
There are things I still like about the W better than the new Bonnies (and I'm a multi-Bonnie owner), but (to me) the Bonnies simply have more power (not that 60 hp is a lot of power).
The new Triumph 865s definitely have more power but this thing has enough for me for what it is. I've got my Tiger 1050 if I need more power.

Quote:
Congrats on a great bike, and a great find. Please don't bob/chop/mod it too much..
I'm planning to leave it stock, I like it just the way it is. Any mods will be reversible.
The Jerk is offline   Reply With Quote