Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2009, 12:45 PM   #46
scootertrash
Mobile Homie

Oddometer: 2,069
I remember back in the early 70's when I was lusting after any kind of bike that you didn't have to pedal. There was a PM article or comparo of about a dozen minibikes and I recall the Rupp being represented. Maybe someone here has a stack of old PM's, seems like it was around '71 to '73.
My friend got a pressed frame Suzuki 50cc street bike. We made it into a "scrambler" because he wasn't old enough to ride legal on the street. I learned to ride m/c's on that bike...

TV-free for 7 years and counting
"The difference between Adventure and Adversity is Attitude"
scootertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:35 AM   #47
4w7s
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFlow
I started out on a Rupp. Then my dad bought a Chris cycle, made in Italy. It had a 50cc (Zundapp I think) motor with a 3 speed and a rotating shift grip. Next was a Chris cycle 100cc, 4 speed Moto Beta motor. I remember hitting 65 mph indicated on that mini bike.

I didn't know how lucky I was in those days. Where I lived you could ride on country roads and hardly see anyone. If a Sheriff saw you he would just tell you to go home or even better yet to be careful. Now days you would be turned over to the child protection agency and your parents would be arrested for child endangerment.

Years ago I tried to find those Chris cycles because I knew the area they were sold in, but no luck. If one could only see the future. I would love to have those back as keep sakes.
Cool, I used to own a Chris Cycle when I was a kid...back in the early 70's probably. It was a beauty and wish I held on to it...but one does not think well at that age.

After that bike I got a Honda 70, but it was just not the same aesthetically.

If you have any photos or sources of info for the Chris Cycle please send them to me.

Thanks

Roberto
4w7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:50 PM   #48
swamp fox
KLR Cowboy

Oddometer: 8
/Users/southronpatriot/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2009/Dec 24, 2009/IMG_1942.JPG
my grand daughter and i christmas eve 2009