User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2009, 08:26 AM   #91
ScootDawg
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Cool2 why not accept scooters more bikes on road good for all of us

I happen to be bias of course i love my bv 250 and take it out all the time and leave the Harley sittin in garage . i leave all cars and most bikes in the dust light to light, of course most full size bikes can destroy me but they have really get on it and shift fast which is fun once in a while but every light is crazy and get attention from cops. So how bout a lil tolerance love what u love and let others do the same there is plenty of room for all on forum and roads, the more bikes scoots out there better, cars gotta pay attention and town are making roads and street lights more biker friendly. safe riding all JoeyD
ScootDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:34 AM   #92
Dirt Hooker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 326
first off- i've owned several bikes in my life- mostly performance oriented dirtbikes/sportbikes/dualsports- i loved them all- still do. i lost my license and was forced into a 50cc scooter- i bought a C3 Yammie. although that thing is painfully slow to accelerate into traffic (i'm 275 ), it has been a lot of fun and opened my eyes to the joys of riding at submaximum speed. it makes me laugh when guys on bigger badder machines think they're bigger and badder just because they are on those bikes- give me a break! same goes for peeps who drive 3 ton SUV's and think they're tough cause "my truck is bigger than yours"

one thing that really stands out is how there is no ego when riding scooters- you just enjoy it for what it is. in the past when riding rockets or big bore dirtbikes, there is an urge to ride it hard and fast- after all that's what they're designed for. on a scooter, it's just fun, practical, and convenient- no expectations

i plan on keeping my C3 along with my Honda XR650R- next year i plan too add a used Triumph S3 and a Yamaha T-Max to my stable
Dirt Hooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:11 PM   #93
B02S4
Aye

Oddometer: 922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Hooker
...it has been a lot of fun and opened my eyes to the joys of riding at submaximum speed...
Yup, & that is plain refreshing sometimes, just to enjoy the ride for its own sake.
B02S4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:37 PM   #94
blackjenner
Just a rider.

Oddometer: 56
Just not gonna do it

I'll ride or drive what I want, whether it's the 1200cc Bandit hot rod, the SV650 hot rod, the Vino125 I will soon be selling or the Scarabeo I will be picking up next week. It doesn't matter what it is. I won't apologize for riding it -- to anyone.

It's my ride and each one is worth it.

Even the cage (BMW Z4).
Old 12-30-2009, 09:49 AM   #95
LandPirateMBC
Full blown child

Oddometer: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photog
I like the smaller scoots. They give you a totally different way of looking at commuting!

I took a Yamaha Zuma (49cc) out for a while and had a blast doing simple errands. I have no idea why I was having so much fun, but I was. Totally different sort of skillset for urban assault--anticipating traffic and your takeoff time, taking alleyways and side streets, tucking it anywhere for parking. A skilled rider on a scoot can really carve it up. A good small scoot is a marvel of efficiency.

There's also a real sense of accomplishment for every mph you can squeeze out of it, too.

I"m hooked.

ps - obligatory small Ruckus shot

Well Put
LandPirateMBC is offline   Reply With Quote