ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 12:28 PM   #1
BurgerFriesDrink OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BurgerFriesDrink's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: PA
Oddometer: 173
It's winter so I added some crap to my scooter

So it's winter and I can't ride much, but I decided to add a few things to Zuma 125.

- Yamaha C3 mirrors ~ $22 from Boats.net and they really are an improvement!
- BTX/KS footbar/pegs - I love these things
- Yamaha bottle holder/fairing basket - for whatever (camera, drink, Whopper)
- Yamaha rear rack - could this thing be any fucking smaller?
- giant top box from JCWhitney

I think I have enough storage for now.

If you decide to install the bottle holder thingy, be aware that the top screw hits the back of whatever is under the front plastic. It's white and has wires coming out of it so I shortened the little rubber plug that comes in the kit and shortened the screw and now it's all good.






BurgerFriesDrink screwed with this post 01-12-2010 at 01:08 PM
BurgerFriesDrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:35 PM   #2
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer
 
30Bones's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Marion, IA
Oddometer: 4,611
That GIVI rack looks skimpy! Don't put much in there. Nice looking scoot. Does it run 55 easy enough?
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:53 PM   #3
BurgerFriesDrink OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BurgerFriesDrink's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: PA
Oddometer: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
That GIVI rack looks skimpy! Don't put much in there. Nice looking scoot. Does it run 55 easy enough?
If you mean the Yamaha rear rack, it IS skimpy, but it weighs a ton and is sturdy as a mofo, it's just very, very small. The attaching plate for the box is made of stamped steel and is also very sturdy so I'm not worried at all. It's clamped to the rack with two channel bars and 5 bolts so it's not going anywhere.

55 is no problem. I wish it was Spring. Another buddy at work just picked up an excellent condition '87 Elite 150 for $500. sum'bich. So that's 3 of us who ride scooters so we're gonna have a club and patches and dues and political infighting and rumbles. Or we'll just go to Sonic and chow down on some fine grub.
BurgerFriesDrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:05 PM   #4
wanna bECO
Studly Adventurer
 
wanna bECO's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Third stone from the sun
Oddometer: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgerFriesDrink
so we're gonna have a club and patches and dues and political infighting and rumbles. Or we'll just go to Sonic and chow down on some fine grub.
I vote for infighting!! and if ya can't think about anything to fight about chose money, that's what my wife and I do!!

I love that foot bar!!! WTF is dat, I'd like some details(price, difficulty of install and web site et. al.)
__________________
Just cuz my bike is shiny, doesn't mean that I'm a hiny

current stable

'94 Harley .... a blue one
'82 Honda passport
'87 Honda spacy 250
And an E Bike
85 spacy 250
81 passport (in pieces, many parts for sale)
The hit's just keep coming.. bought another 81 passport (11-28-09)

http://tiny.cc/ITgetsBETTER
wanna bECO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:14 PM   #5
B02S4
Aye
 
B02S4's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Oddometer: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgerFriesDrink
...I decided to add a few things to Zuma 125.

- Yamaha C3 mirrors ~ $22 from Boats.net and they really are an improvement!
- BTX/KS footbar/pegs - I love these things
- Yamaha bottle holder/fairing basket - for whatever (camera, drink, Whopper)
- Yamaha rear rack - could this thing be any fucking smaller?
- giant top box from JCWhitney...
Nice work!
B02S4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:46 PM   #6
BurgerFriesDrink OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BurgerFriesDrink's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: PA
Oddometer: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanna bECO
I vote for infighting!! and if ya can't think about anything to fight about chose money, that's what my wife and I do!!

I love that foot bar!!! WTF is dat, I'd like some details(price, difficulty of install and web site et. al.)
All the footbar info is here: http://www.zumaforums.net/phpBB3/vie...p?f=58&t=10110

they're easily my favorite mod.
BurgerFriesDrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:34 PM   #7
brockster
Despair & Repair Garage
 
brockster's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Near Dayton, Ohio USA
Oddometer: 2,042
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgerFriesDrink
...So that's 3 of us who ride scooters so we're gonna have a club and patches and dues and political infighting and rumbles. Or we'll just go to Sonic and chow down on some fine grub.
You can't have patches. You have to have those "sanitized-for-your-protection" legshield sashes.


I'm in a scooter club (not that one above) and think of bailing often due to the whiny-assed laziness of the other members who whine almost as much and are nearly as lazy as me. Mere pikers.

There's a Sonic that opened in 2009 just a few miles up the road from me. Too bad it's on the former site of the only White Castle that was less than 30 minutes away from me.
__________________
2001 HD XL1200S
1977 Vespa + 1985 Honda Elite
CB550K project.

"
Man whoever came up with Ronald McDonald was dropping some serious acid.
." - SpoonKiller / tiotalruckus.com

brockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:05 PM   #8
BurgerFriesDrink OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BurgerFriesDrink's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: PA
Oddometer: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by brockster
You can't have patches. You have to have those "sanitized-for-your-protection" legshield sashes.

Oh, hell no.
BurgerFriesDrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:41 PM   #9
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer
 
30Bones's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Marion, IA
Oddometer: 4,611
Any official club I have ever been in has been nothing but a hassle, dues, PITA and dry hand job I have ever had experienced.

Anyway... A friend and I were talking tonight at happy hour about our ride across Iowa that was planned by others....that bailed and so we decided on our own ~300 mile loop some weekend. More or less see how far we can travel and still end up home late Sunday on a 50cc Razz or Trail 70 (depending on my choice), Yamerha CV80....lots of rural and gravel roads, a tent and plenty of loud mouth soup...
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:47 PM   #10
BurgerFriesDrink OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BurgerFriesDrink's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: PA
Oddometer: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
Any official club I have ever been in has been nothing but a hassle, dues, PITA and dry hand job I have ever had experienced.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
Anyway... A friend and I were talking tonight at happy hour about our ride across Iowa that was planned by others....that bailed and so we decided on our own ~300 mile loop some weekend. More or less see how far we can travel and still end up home late Sunday on a 50cc Razz or Trail 70 (depending on my choice), Yamerha CV80....lots of rural and gravel roads, a tent and plenty of loud mouth soup...
Sounds like cool trip because of the beasts that would be ridden.
BurgerFriesDrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:51 PM   #11
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer
 
30Bones's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Marion, IA
Oddometer: 4,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgerFriesDrink
Sounds like cool trip because of the beasts that would be ridden.
It will be what it is.....I doubt we make it that far, but will have a good time trying and not be that far from home if things do go foul and we need to call for help...realize both scoots are 15-25 years old and have little to no maintenance other than safety issues.
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:06 AM   #12
rivercreep
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: S.E. Pennsylvania (Reading)
Oddometer: 3,243
...back to add ons.

I've also added the Yami rack to the girlfriends Zuma and will probably do the sae as you did with a top case to make commuting easier for her.
The best thing we added was the factory windshield. Still can't believe how it's not turbulant and how much protection it affords.
rivercreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014