Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2010, 07:15 PM   #1
swimmer OP
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,018
Anyone ever bought from FC-moto in Germany?

Thinking about getting some boots from this place in Germany. Anyone ever bought from them before? If so was there any problems with your order or the process?
Thanks

http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/...048/Categories
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #2
MOLAHS
Sisyphus

Oddometer: 1,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer
Thinking about getting some boots from this place in Germany. Anyone ever bought from them before? If so was there any problems with your order or the process?
Thanks

http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/...048/Categories
Yes, I recently purchased a Schuberth C3 helmet. The order took a week to process but they didn't process my credit card until the day they shipped.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:08 PM   #3
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,894
I bought a schuberth r1 from them. It took about a month to ship,but I did get the helmet. About a month later the antifog started peeling and they warranteed it so I was happy about that
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:36 PM   #4
swimmer OP
armchair asshole

Thanks for the responses. Seems like making sure they have the item in stock would be a good thing to do but otherwise I should be OK.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:51 AM   #5
chemapu
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Hi.
My last order with them was October 13th 2009, some items where sent to me on November 6th 2009 and the rest of the items are not yet here.
My past orders where also slow, several weeks but this last time I think its crazy.
They take weeks to answer your email queries, so I will never never order anything else from them.
I live in Spain and there is no excuse for the delays as both countries are members of the EU.
Cheers
chemapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:19 PM   #6
hockeylife
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Just bought and placed my 1st order from them - Schuberth C3. Ordered online 1/6/10 - received 1/13. No problems, would buy again.
hockeylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:28 AM   #7
raksasas
n00b

Oddometer: 2
I will just say I am not too pleased with them.

I placed my order for the Schuberth S1 Pro Gloss Black on Dec. 15, 2009. I follow up on the order on Dec 20, 09. I received a response saying:
"The helmet was not on stock, therefore we had to order it. But according to
Schuberth, the helmet will come in the beginning of January."

I followed up again on Jan. 12, 10 and received the following later that day:
"
Sorry but the helmet is not available before week 11 this year.
Would you like to change in deep matt black in Medium ?
This we can send directly ?"

So I choose to go with the Matt Black instead of waiting 11 more weeks. I got my shipping information on the 14th. So that is where I stand at the moment. I still don't have the helmet at my door step.

I use the DHL trackingcode they gave me which has been at the following status since Jan 15.

15.01.10 04:04 International Parcel Station Shipment to abroad was processed at the International Parcel Station (IPS)

I contacted DHL and they said get shipper to follow up on it. I did and got the following Response
"
Hello,

Thank you very much for your order.

Your order is dispatched already.

We will be glad to get a new your by you soon."

It could me my fault as I used the "DHL United States of America" option. As I was not sure on any of the others.

So far that is my experience with Fc-Moto. I do not believe I will be ordering from them again. So I am wanting to find another source for the Schuberth helmet parts so that I get them in a timely manner. I also hope to receive the Helmet soon.
raksasas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:31 AM   #8
Ride-a-lot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
Last year I ordered a Schuberth Concept 2 helmet on a Wed. evening. I received the helmet that Sat. morning. That was from Germany to Oregon in less time than I usually receive stuff from inside the states.

I would order from them again in a heartbeat!
Ride-a-lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:50 AM   #9
raksasas
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Just a little FYI. I finally recieved my helmet on Tuesday (2-16-10)
raksasas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:23 AM   #10
Dirty Hippie
Somewhere in a canyon

Oddometer: 227
I ordered some Daytona boots from them back in October. I received an email confimation...then nothing. 2 weeks pass. I send an email asking for status but get no response. After another week I send another. No response. My credit card was never charged. I didn't know what to do. Did they just blow me off? Lose my order?

In December, out of the blue, I get an email from them stating that my size 49s are on backorder, but Daytona would be making a new batch end of January. I really wanted the boots, so I wrote back and said I would wait.

The next day they sent me a tracking number. WTF?? Total confusion. They arrived about a week later.

The boots are tits, so I am happy. The US distributor doesn't carry the model I wanted, so it was this or nothing. Plus, the US distributor tacks on their own "middle-man" dollars. Looking at the Trans-open GTX (which will be my future winter boots) I can save well over $100 buying them from FC, even with paying shipping all the way from Deutschland. I'd love to buy them from Helimot, but an extra 20% or so is a deal breaker. I will pay more for great service, but not that much more.

Will I order from them again? Yes. Despite all the hassles and poor communication, I would rather deal with that stuff than get gouged by Helimot. YMMV.

For what it's worth, I read every review I could find about FC before I placed my order. I didn't run into anyone who was complaining, so I think my situation may have been an isolated incident. Then again, raksasas story has some similar rings to it.
Dirty Hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:13 AM   #11
Backonthebike
Giddy up

Oddometer: 666
I ordered a pair of AlpineStars Tech 7 MX boots from them earlier this year.
Delivery to Australia took about 3 to 4 weeks, but they did arrive, correct size and colour. Price was about $200 Aussie dollars less than what I could buy them for in Australia, (About $255 AUD delivered) so I wasn't complaining.
I've just bought a Rev'it Off Track 3 layer jacket today for about $240 AUD delivered. I will keep you posted on how it goes.
Cheers
Tim
Backonthebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:16 AM   #12
Subutai
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 555
Yes, I did try once. Placed and order, then nothing. No responses to my mails, got frustrated and told them to cancel the order. I was ready to tell my credit card company not to allow them to bill my account. Eventually they got around responding, in very bad English, and the order was cancelled.

The customer support is in India I think, hence the long respond times and bad English.

I would absolutely check the stock via e-mail or phone before ordering and even then reconsider. There are better companies in the EU, for apparel I have used http://www.motostorm.it a couple of times and have been extremely happy with the service. For helmets as a US customer I would go to http://www.racevisors.co.uk I've used them once and was happy with the service.

FC-Moto is not even that cheap, if not considering their bargain offers.

Hope this helps.. there are long threads on various sites with mixed experiences of FC-Moto. Fortunately many other sites stock the same stuff and the service is pretty much guaranteed, so no need to gamble with FC-Moto.
Subutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:00 AM   #13
swimmer OP
armchair asshole

Since I saw this old thread pop up that I started figured Id chime in. I did end up ordering some boots and had no problem with the order. Took maybe 3 weeks to get. Saved about $200 if I recall. Coincidentally I have placed another order with them two days ago.

The lack of communication/order update can be frustrating at time however, I dont think any of the services are provided from India. Its probably more of a case of Germans with poor English.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:59 AM   #14
fiep
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Its probably more of a case of Germans with poor English.
obviously their English is better than your German
fiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:30 AM   #15
swimmer OP
armchair asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiep View Post
obviously their English is better than your German
Calm down. It was just an observation not a criticism.