User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2010, 04:17 AM   #1
GNR OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
SYM HD125 vs SYM VS150

The VS is quite a bit cheaper than the HD ($1500). I believe the horsepower is about the same on each. The HD has liquid cooling, bigger wheels and a rear disc brake. Storage is better on the VS.

Aside from those things I've heard the build quality is to a higher standard on the HD. My main question is does anyone know why that is and is there that much difference?

I'm not sure how many markets actually get both of these bikes. I've read that the VS 125/150 is very popular in Australia. The HD200 (a bored and stroked 125) gets great reviews.

Thanks for any input.
GNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 03:20 PM   #2
ferrix
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 662
I think you've pretty much nailed it - it comes down to whether you care more abut bigger wheels or more storage space? Or whether you really prefer the styling of one or the other...

As for the build quality I'm afraid I cannot say - my HD200 is certainly put together very well, but VS owners don't complain either. Some of them did complain about high fuel consumption - it seems a bit hit and miss with this model. Both are covered by the same warranty in our market.

VS125 is certainly very popular here but VS150 only came very recently so there isn't much info out there yet. As for HD, we only ever had the 200 model (which is actually 170cc).
ferrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 03:54 PM   #3
tortoise2
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNR
The VS is quite a bit cheaper than the HD ($1500). I believe the horsepower is about the same on each. The HD has liquid cooling, bigger wheels and a rear disc brake. Storage is better on the VS.

Aside from those things I've heard the build quality is to a higher standard on the HD. My main question is does anyone know why that is and is there that much difference?

I'm not sure how many markets actually get both of these bikes. I've read that the VS 125/150 is very popular in Australia. The HD200 (a bored and stroked 125) gets great reviews.

Thanks for any input.
Just curious . . why are you asking? Your previous posts indicate you reside in Canada, and neither the SYM HD125 or VS150 is presently shown on the SYM Canada website.
tortoise2 is offline   Reply With Quote