User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-19-2009, 09:14 AM   #31
ROMAD
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Here is the link for the 3.70 firmware incase you need to/want to revert back to 3.70

http://www8.garmin.com/software/GPSMAP60CSx_370.exe
ROMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:30 AM   #32
wesseld
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
That's exactly what I ended up doing, downloading the 3.70 executable, doing the power button/up arrow trick, and doubleclicking on the executable. It works fine now, except, like I said, I lost all the changed settings. Not a big deal.

Thanks for posting that link, I'm sure someone else will be needing it!

Don
wesseld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:08 AM   #33
dasvis
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurot
So I have a 2 year old 60CSX that I recently upgraded the firmware on. Ever since when it tries to calculate a route 90% of the time the screen fades and turns off. Sometimes when you turn it back on it has magically calculated the route or other times immediately starts recalculating. I've read some other threads that claim that its the battery contact but I seriously doubt this given my circumstances. Any body else have this issue?? It's driving me nuts.
Same here. Went for my first ride with the 3.9 software yesterday. Was BS. Kept shutting off on recalculate. Worked fine in straight "map" mode. it is NOT a battery issue. From what I have read it is a known 3.9 problem on some units.
Went back to 3.7 this morning, will see how it goes....
dasvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:00 PM   #34
crashmaster
ow, my balls!

Oddometer: 5,107
Bummer, sounds like there was some nice upgrades in the new firmware version. Hopefully they will get it sorted out soon enough.

crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:17 PM   #35
dasvis
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 535
Went for a 175 mile ride today & tested out the re-installed 3.7 software.
Works perfectly.
dasvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #36
DR. Rock
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
Recalc error with 4GB card

Both units upgraded to v3.90 and checked out fine in testing prior to leaving on a 2-week AZ-UT-NV-OR-CA ride.

LDF's 76Cx suffered a lock-down on the dreaded recalculation error with a 4GB card, day 2 into the trip. I swapped out her 4GB card for the back-up 2GB card I had pre-loaded with the identical mapset and taped to the inside cover. No problems with the 76Cx from that point on. My upgraded 60Csx with the same mapset file had no issues for the entire 2 weeks with the 4GB card.

Upon returning home, I slipped the faulty 4GB card from the 76Cx into my 60Csx, mounted it on the mac desktop as a USB data storage device (took a few tries to get the 60csx to turn on, not freeze up, and mount correctly), ran disk first-aid (it came up clean), and the 4GB card seems now to be working fine in both units.

Bottom line: carry multiple back-up SD cards pre-loaded with the mapset you want/need if you're not going to have a computer available on the road / trail. Saved our ass for sure.
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 03:44 PM   #37
BryceB
It's OK we know the Mayor

Oddometer: 296
Version 4.00 is out for the 60CSx

Changes made from version 3.90 to 4.00:
· Fixed several errors in NMEA statements introduced in 3.90.
· Fixed WAAS information not showing 'D' in satellite bars. Error was introduced in 3.90.
· Other minor bug fixes
"It sure beats working all week, boozing it up in some smoky bar or sitting around watching the world go to Hell in living color and still ending up, just before payday, flat broke as usual. That's only existing, not really living."-Don Marshall, Cycles South, 1971
'08 KLR650 - Blue 21 & '06 Ninja 650R - Galaxy Silver
BryceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:52 PM   #38
tbirdsp
REMF

Oddometer: 8,706
Bluhduh

Just wanted to say I finally got the dreaded recalc shutdown with 3.90. Luckily I wasn't doing anything critical (driving wife's cage from Superior, WI to Omaha). At the start of the trip I hit: find-waypoints-go to for a waypoint for my house. As we went through Minneapolis it wanted me to go I-35W. I took I-35E instead and did a manual recalc (auto is always turned off). It got to about 50% calculated and the screen just dimmed to nothing and it shut down. When I turned it back on it immediately started recalc'ing again and shut down. Tried rebooting it again, this time hit cancel on the recalc. I then tried to do a find-go to again - it shut down while calculating. Finally waited until we were stopped for gas and it worked OK.

Will load 4.00 ASAP
http://www.reddeliciousband.com

tbirdsp screwed with this post 07-21-2009 at 04:03 PM
tbirdsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:35 AM   #39
tbirdsp
REMF

Wow, yet another 3.90 glitch - tried to go to USB mass storage mode to get some .gpx files off the card and it shut down just like when it was doing the recalc deal above

Installed 4.00 now and it worked fine.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:50 AM   #40
mnormand OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
4.00 good to go?

Guys I was the orig thread starter here. Last night I finally found my 1st 60csx that I lost last year. It has v3.60 firmware. The 2nd unit I bought last year came with v3.70.

I have CityNavNT (dvd version) tied to the 2nd unit with its unlock code, all is working fine. Also have Topo2008, no issues.

I haven't done anything to either unit yet. Is it safe to use Webupdater to flash both units to v4.00 ? Any probs with v4.00 before I flash both units?
mnormand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:01 AM   #41
tbirdsp
REMF

4.00 has been working fine for me.