User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2010, 05:40 PM   #1
War Hammer OP
Evil Monkey

Oddometer: 351
P-40 Warhawk Decals (Shark Teeth)

Custom designed, reflective P-40 Warhawk graphics. I specifically designed these to fit 1000 and 650 V-Stroms, but they will work with other bikes as well. The graphics are printed on high-quality 3M reflective vinyl, and then laminated with a clear protective layer. The entire graphic is reflective, not just the white parts, and they REALLY light up at night! This is the same material used on police and emergency vehicles and it is really tough stuff. It is rated to last for 7-8 years with daily exposure (think how much time a police car spends out in the weather), so their lifespan on a garage-kept motorcycle would be very long. The vinyl also has the "air release" feature, which makes installing them without getting air bubbles very easy.

Prices include shipping anywhere in the US. PM me for international shipping rates.
4-piece set (teeth and eyes) - $90
6-piece set (teeth, eyes & stars) - $100
Payment accepted via Paypal, check or money order (with appropriate wait for check to clear).
The other decals on my bike (bomb runs, jet intake, ejection seat, battle damage, no step, rescue, oval American flags) availabe upon request.
War Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:52 PM   #2
Moab
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Cry warhawk

This is great! i found this because I was actually looking for a warhawk design idea for me KLR :)
Go figure

Are you familiar with the klr? would this design work? Also, how do you remove stock decals?

Moab-

'04 1150 GS
'09 KLR 650
'10 800gs
Moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #3
War Hammer OP
Evil Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moab
This is great! i found this because I was actually looking for a warhawk design idea for me KLR :)
Go figure

Are you familiar with the klr? would this design work? Also, how do you remove stock decals?

Moab-
I PMed you with my phone number. Give me a call and we'll talk about size and see what I can work out for you. I designed the graphics specifically to fit the V-Strom, but I'm sure we can come up with something to fit your KLR. I'll just need some measurements off of your bike.

As for removing the old graphics: Just heat them with a hair dryer and peel them off. Never use anything other than your fingernails to scrape at them. If you're lucky, they'll pretty much come off in one piece. If not, just be patient and keep peeling until all the little pieces come off. Remove the adhesive residue with Goof Off, Goo Gone or a similar adhesive remover. Finally, wash the bike with soap and water, then wipe down with rubbing alcohol and let air dry. Now you're ready to install the new graphics.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:26 PM   #4
midknightbmw
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Question how about mine?

Ant chance there are any of these graphics left? I would like to put some on my BMW R1100RSL.
midknightbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:15 PM   #5
War Hammer OP
Evil Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by midknightbmw
Ant chance there are any of these graphics left? I would like to put some on my BMW R1100RSL.
Sure, just PM me.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:43 PM   #6
NxtPlato
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Klr

Would love to see how this looks on the KLR.

http://www.nxtplato.com
NxtPlato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:34 PM   #7
MommysLittleMonster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 788
this is too cool if you have photos of them on other bike i would love to see them
MommysLittleMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:06 PM   #8
GoGo Gadget
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,255
Looks great. Would not look right (or seem right) on my BMW RT. I would need a Luftwaffe Messerschmitt version.

I have been told I have the body of a God. What does this Buddha guy look like?
GoGo Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:15 PM   #9
OldPete
Be aware

Oddometer: 3,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGo Gadget
Looks great. Would not look right (or seem right) on my BMW RT. I would need a Luftwaffe Messerschmitt version.
+1 to the above.

For your info OP... http://www.flyingtigersavg.com/tiger1.htm
OldPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:00 PM   #10
GSman of La Mancha
So!? My dog loves me...

Oddometer: 602
Focke Wulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGo Gadget
I get yer point.... But, in WWII, the most often encountered Messerschmit was the 109.... It had an inverted V, 12 cylinder, water cooled, in-line engine.... Now, the Focke-Wulf 190 had an aircooled radial engine and many (all? Most?) of these were made by BMW. I believe it was an 18 cyclinder engine.

Incidentally, the 109 was referred to as the "bollen pest" becuase of all the the boil like protrusions on it. The 190 was called the Butcher Bird. Both great planes but I think radial engines had better survivability overall. I think the 190 was a better looking plane.

As with bikes, the skill of the pilot is key. Good riders can go fast through twisties on just about anything. The winner of a dogfight was most often determined by the quality of the pilot and not so much the quality of the airplane (within limits of course... I doubt if a great pilot could have done well in a Wright Flyer during WWII :).

The 109 and the R12GS do seem to have much in common re looks (and performance).
Old 06-22-2010, 10:45 PM   #11
Ri-Ra
Burgeoning

Oddometer: 6,293
Very nice.

If my strom wasn't orange, I would be all over this. As it is, I'll have to think on it a bit...
Old 06-24-2010, 11:07 AM   #12
Motojournalism
motojournalism.com

Oddometer: 1,630
the 14 year-old kid in me loves this idea

ME-109 for the BMW, like this?

Way Out West - Canada to the Darien Gap
Follow me on Twitter
Motojournalism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 01:04 AM   #13
War Hammer OP
Evil Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommysLittleMonster
this is too cool if you have photos of them on other bike i would love to see them
Sorry, I don't have any pics of the graphics on other bikes, just Stroms so far.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:24 AM   #14
Sanders
Stogiesuckingsinglemalter

Oddometer: 661
AB-POS

LOL!!

Last edited by Temporal Security Agency: 8-25-2026 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Deleted unlawful reference to future history
Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:33 PM   #15
midknightbmw
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Wicked Me 110's

look up Squadron ZG76 WWII Me 110 destroyer squadron. They had the Sharks teeth.
midknightbmw is offline   Reply With Quote