Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
Steve B OP
explorer

Oddometer: 73
DR650 What have I gotten into

I bought a 1999 DR650SE last week. It has been sitting since 2003, 2010 miles, wiring harness cut through and stripped out of the bike, start / kill assemble removed, front and rear shocks modified (front shocks have air valve to add air to them?) (rear shock has a lowering link) airbox missing, exhaust system needs to be replaced, the plastic and gas tank rattled canned black complete with drips and runs. The deal is I got the bike and clean title for 500.00. Unfortunately the owner passed away in 2003 so I do not know what all the mods are. I will take and post pictures of what it now looks like.

Now it is like a jigsaw puzzle and I am working through it a little at a time. I pulled off the carb, cleaned and installed an oversized jet kit, got a new airbox and did the airbox mod, the tank is a piece dented and sprayed black so i will be replacing it with an Acerbis 6.6 gal which will require a bracket mod to make it fit , removed the exhaust and am waiting for a new FMF Q-4 system, waiting for new dual sport tires.

I got the new wiring harness but can not figure out the wiring layout / routing. Would someone, who has their bike apart, take a picture of the wiring harness routing and post it so I have an easier job routing and reconnecting things up or is there someone close by that I can come have a look at their bike? With the way I have it routed right now there are a few open connectors with no mate to plug into.

This is my first DR650 and my hope is that I can have it running this month.

Thank you for your help,

Steve Barrus
North Bend, WA
1999 DR650SE
1991 DR350S
1980 XL250

Steve B screwed with this post 04-09-2010 at 11:28 AM
Steve B is offline   Reply With Quote