User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2010, 12:18 PM   #346
GISdood
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 855
Prince George, BC, Canada

We're just off of Highway 16 West, 10 min west from the junction of highways 16 & 97. Our house sits on a 7 acre lot in a rural area, there's over an acre of lawn with plenty of shade or sun, whatever you prefer for tenting (but there's a shower and a spare room if you need a break from the great outdoors, also).

Plenty of covered storage for parking your bike(s), and with our two 80lb furry kids roaming the yard, 'safe storage' is an understatement. I've got a reasonable collection of tools if minor repairs are needed, and I've got a utility trailer with chocks/tiedowns for up to 3 bikes if nearby rescue or retrieval and transportation to a local shop is required.

And of course, there's always an ample supply of cold beverages on hand!

You can find us on Google Earth/Maps here:

5349'52.97"N
12254'29.25"W

PM me for more information if needed. Cheers!

PS. A short list of some of our esteemed guests... thomas.clark while piloting Vermin's beloved 'Cack' south from Alaska, job3-14 (Wil & Amanda) on their year-long ride to the 4 corners of Canada and the US, Questor and MotoAdventureGal during their trip to Alaska, D2D and back just in time for our Canada Day party, Incendo and MrsIncendo on their way to Prudhoe Bay & Inuvik, JediMaster as he continued his +5 year RTW adventure, and Moose_DK (of Moose and Mini) on one of their annual trips over to NA from Denmark... to name just a few.

That reminds me... I reallllly need to pick up a guest book for inmates to sign this season!

GISdood screwed with this post 05-17-2012 at 03:59 PM
GISdood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:12 PM   #347
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 7,041
Yorba Linda, CA

Near CA 91 and CA 241, (off the North end of that intersection), just up the hill a bit from the river and Featherly Park, (camping by the freeway).

Eastern Edge of Orange County.

Large living room space, or concrete deck camping. Under the stars, palms beside the pool.
Couch or puffed up beds too. So, we can sleep 2 couples.
Showers, washer/dryer... The usual.
Desert is about two easy hours east, The kingdom of the Mouse and the coast are about 40 minutes the other direction.

Oh, the pool is a hot tub, there is a grill I am skilled at burning things on.

Garage space for two motorcycles. Some tools, (I used to be a mechanic, but now I only do my own work, so I can point and coax.) Probably even squeeze a sidecar in there.

2 cats live here, take that as a warning.

Stories always welcome. Wireless internet available.

Non-Smoking Environment
Facebook
Smugmug

Mr Head screwed with this post 07-07-2014 at 08:25 AM
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:55 AM   #348
warewolf
Tyre critic

Oddometer: 2,445
*Nelson, New Zealand... warewolf

Fold-out bed in the office, or you can use your camp mattresses, might be more comfortable!

Have a double garage, carpeted with room for bikes, and bods if you prefer. Includes computer to stay in touch with advrider and wireless internet for your devices. I do most of my own routine servicing; you are welcome to use my stuff to do whatever you gotta do. About 2 km / 20 mins walk from the town centre.
The Stable

warewolf screwed with this post 08-03-2014 at 12:11 AM Reason: 2014 update
warewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:31 PM   #349
Go-4-It
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
KY Northern, Walton

Mods, update to #369. Still current Thanks

We're located in Walton, KY 41094. About 5 miles southeast from the KY 338, Richwood exit off I-75. Just 22 miles from CVG (yes it's in KY). 18 miles southwest of Cincinnati, OH.

Large yard to tent or use our hammocks. Other choices are available for sleeping, bathing & pool use. Tools for use. Dealerships closeby, Harley, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Honda for parts. Local driver with trailer if needed for help. Car & trailer parking as well. Lets keep the karma positive!

Contact via email; caudells at hotmail dot com, put ADV Tenting in subject line please. Or call Stan 859 493-0199 & leave a msg here if no answer and then try cell at 859 240-1094. If you're in the area & want to quickly setup no problem GPS 560 Lassing Way.

Go-4-It screwed with this post 06-29-2014 at 07:49 PM
Go-4-It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:45 AM   #350
aaronrkelly
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 522
Moravia, IA - USA - aaronrkelly

I live in a very small rural town on 3 good sized lots. Plenty of room for tents and your welcome to build a fire or use my grill. Come on in for some AC, a shower or to do some laundry. I have a 4 car garage stocked fairly well with tools. I have a well setup motorcycle retrieval trailer and plenty of wrenching room.....could even store a broken down bike for awhile. Nearby dealers for HD, Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Victory. BMW dealer is about 1 hour away. One of my friends runs the local independent shop.....and another is the asst manager at a NAPA. Stop by and hang out.....

aaronrkelly screwed with this post 06-27-2013 at 07:15 PM
aaronrkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:00 AM   #351
ChrisUK
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 585
Bradford, West Yorkshire, England

Can offer fold out sofa bed and hospitality to Inmates travelling though. Bike can park in garage. Can help with wrenching etc.

Have van so can help if broken down within 50 miles.

Located just north of Bradford, close to Junction 26 on M62 motorway that connects Hull to Liverpool. Good location for visiting Peak District, Yorkshire Dales, North Yorkshire Moors and cities like Leeds and Manchester.

Chris

ChrisUK screwed with this post 06-17-2013 at 02:25 AM
ChrisUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 12:55 AM   #352
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,852
tent space & advice.

Fort Collins, Colorado:

Sorry I don't have good tent space anymore, but please pm me for camping and riding ideas.

Thanks, Bill Eakins
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com

eakins screwed with this post 09-01-2014 at 07:22 PM
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 12:33 PM   #353
ripp
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Tent space / camp site

Pittsfield, New Hampshire

Here in the beautiful lake region of NH. I have a private camp site that will accomodate 2 tents and probably more out in the woods. Site has a fire pit log benches and a picnic table. I have a garage with tools, and wouldn't mind going for a ride with you to show you the back roads and take in the scenery. We only ask you be friendly and courteous! Email for pictures and directions. Looking forward to making some new ADV friends!

Email: r1pp@yahoo.com

2006 V-Strom 1000
2001 Kawasaki W-650
ripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:18 PM   #354
timk519
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,377
Kitchener, Ontario

I have a decent sized yard around my single-family home, or I can set you up indoors.

Garage has a reasonable appointment of tools, and the resident bikes may even consent to share their space with your ride if it asks nice.

Being in the middle of Ontario suburbia there's all kinds of shops, restaurants, and other facilities nearby, you can also take your chances with my cooking, or make use of something that looks suspiciously like a BBQ if you need to send smoke signals and call for help. There's also high-speed internet available on-site which can make quick work of uploading your digital cargo.

If you're looking for recommendations of far-off places to experience, I've ridden over 27,000 miles across North America's four corners and am quite willing to swap lie...er... tales.

To make contact, transmit your encrypted datastream here. Assuming you pass the "Identify Friend or Foe" check, I should respond within a day, if not sooner.

timk519 screwed with this post 09-05-2010 at 04:17 PM
timk519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:29 PM   #355
King_Panther13
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 606
Winter Haven, Fl 33881.

Have a couch, a front yard, and a bunch of Italian family members who'll cook you a semi-decent dinner. Nearest big cities are Tampa and Orlando (they're actually both 50 miles away, we're kinda in between).
1992 Yamaha Razz "Blackberry"
King_Panther13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:24 AM   #356
zigyphoto
Pay attention

Oddometer: 898
Boulder CO

At 84 Canon Park, on the west edge of Boulder, you can have:

1. German-made bed in loft (may involve cat visit to say hello at night), or

2. tent space on lawn, or

3. sleep on my private deck hanging over Boulder Creek, hear the water rushing beneath you.

4. Garage space available. Basic tools. Mike's Motorcycles (BMW his specialty) just across town.

Walk to cafes, restaurants and bookstores on Pearl Street in 15 minutes along Boulder Creek.

zigy
720/470-3652

this map is zoomable:

View Larger Map

zigyphoto screwed with this post 07-25-2010 at 10:18 PM
zigyphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:33 PM   #357
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Oddometer: 2,964
Stowe, Vermont

140+ acres but most of it is too wet for camping much of the year. Better tent space closer to the house in my meadow; best to arrive in daylight so you don't set your tent up on a pile of sheep crap. Friendly dogs will kiss you enthusiastically, but only after eating sheep poop. Sheep start bellowing at 6am. Cell phone reception spotty and only if you stand on one foot and hop in clockwise circles while leaning to the left. Electric fencing for the sheep that you definitely don't want to piss on. Inmates welcome for a day or two, possibly longer if you have no undesirable traits.

On the plus side, beer, great coffee, shower, sometimes even a spare room, good conversation unless I've had a bad day at work in which case I'm socially inept. Have a pretty good assortment of tools including a tire changer. Generally have a few GS tires with 30% tread left if you need one in a pinch. Dealers for most brands about 40 miles away in Burlington VT. Plenty of great restaurants down in the valley a few miles away. One hill over from the Trapp Family Lodge, five miles to Smugglers' Notch and Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream. Wife worked in the tourism industry for 20 years so she knows all the attractions and I know pretty much all the local roads. Fellow sidecarists especially welcome.

Dirt road easily handled by everything but cruisers and monster touring machines with traction control. Think rural.

Did I mention the dogs?

Boondox screwed with this post 04-15-2014 at 07:15 PM Reason: Updated for 2013
Boondox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:23 PM   #358
ozmikl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353
I'm in

Bed, garage, whatever help you need.
In Sale, 2 hours east of Melbourne and gateway to the Victorian High Country or as we like to call it.... HEAVEN... Still got my house in Melbourne (for a while anyway) just off freeway 10 minutes from the heart of town so you can crash at either.
I had a great deal of help from ADVer's in the States when I blew my beemer up in North Dakota so only too glad to help with a bed in or out or some grass for a tent, assistance, full garage of gear a lot of enthusiasm and tons of love and respect for this site.
Michael

ozmikl screwed with this post 07-20-2013 at 09:36 PM
ozmikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:59 AM   #359
ibelyna
The Dude Abides

Oddometer: 75
Annapolis, MD

Garage, MIG welder, plasma cutter, tent space, shower
3mi from downtown Annapolis & US Naval Academy

ibelyna
Annapolis, MD, USA
ibelyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:29 PM   #360
wolfy317
Beemer lover

Oddometer: 3,435
Starkville, MS (mid-NE, MS)

Available.

I'm in Starkville, Ms. I've got yard space, an extra room with a daybed (room for a blow up in the floor too), shower, and some garage space. I have access to plenty of tools and maybe even one grouchy old mechanic (not me He's not really a mechanic, but he's smart as they come, and knows motorcycles. Especially old airheaded beemers), and my wife is always happy to whip up a good homecooked meal, and maybe some cold n' tasty beverages. No kids, but we do have two dogs who would be most happy to meet ya. Best method of contact is by PM, where I'll happily share my info with ya.

Al

'71 BMW R75/5 | 06 BMW K1200R

wolfy317 screwed with this post 07-16-2012 at 12:16 PM
wolfy317 is offline   Reply With Quote