Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2010, 08:38 PM   #346
bush pilot
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,489
Ranong, Thailand

Palm Plantation.
Actually about 40 kms south of Ranong. Place to camp, rain water shower, simple roof over your head, off the grid, no electric.
Near beach and lovely mountains, and stream, beautiful spot.
Dirt road access, muddy in the rainy season.

Google earth coordinates.
9°37'35.79"N
98°33'5.52"E

PM for a phone#
Iron Butt #35784
bush pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:55 PM   #347
Two Moto Kiwis
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,586
Heya ADVers, we are currently touring America from May 2012 to approx May 2015, please still PM us and we can probably set you up with a bed in Wanaka just not with us, see our RR "Two Moto Kiwis Arctic To Antarctic" or www.twomotokiwis.com

Wanaka, Otago, South Island, New Zealand ... Monstaman.

Quaint wee drinking town with an adventure problem, 6000 population, our home is 3 minutes from town centre, full engineering facilities available, lock up bike parking, spare beds too, usual town facilities.

This is the location www.wanaka.co.nz
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us

Two Moto Kiwis screwed with this post 06-28-2014 at 07:38 PM
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:05 PM   #348
toddiscdn
Take off, EH!

Oddometer: 995
S.W. Ontario , Canada on lake Huron

20 min.s north of Sarnia Ontario and Port Huron Michigan border crossing, just north up the Lakeshore rd. halfway between Sarnia and Grand Bend.

One acre across from the Lake, lots of room for tents, fire pit, garage space, lotsa tools, welder etc., and a possiblity of a spare room if need, not too far from the Beer Store

Cheers, Todd

You can even see whats out my front window.
http://www.wunderground.com/webcams/...00/1/show.html

toddiscdn screwed with this post 06-21-2014 at 08:53 AM
toddiscdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:32 AM   #349
14fg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
Winchendon ma, usa. 14fg

on the ma/nh line on rt 202, have a spare bed, and yard space, as well as a fairly well stocked shop, welder, tools etc. 2 minute boat ride to the packy/restrauant across the lake, plenty of good riding around as well, both on and off road!
Evan

14fg screwed with this post 05-29-2012 at 12:56 PM
14fg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:18 AM   #350
GISdood
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 855
Prince George, BC, Canada

We're just off of Highway 16 West, 10 min west from the junction of highways 16 & 97. Our house sits on a 7 acre lot in a rural area, there's over an acre of lawn with plenty of shade or sun, whatever you prefer for tenting (but there's a shower and a spare room if you need a break from the great outdoors, also).

Plenty of covered storage for parking your bike(s), and with our two 80lb furry kids roaming the yard, 'safe storage' is an understatement. I've got a reasonable collection of tools if minor repairs are needed, and I've got a utility trailer with chocks/tiedowns for up to 3 bikes if nearby rescue or retrieval and transportation to a local shop is required.

And of course, there's always an ample supply of cold beverages on hand!

You can find us on Google Earth/Maps here:

53°49'52.97"N
122°54'29.25"W

PM me for more information if needed. Cheers!

PS. A short list of some of our esteemed guests... thomas.clark while piloting Vermin's beloved 'Cack' south from Alaska, job3-14 (Wil & Amanda) on their year-long ride to the 4 corners of Canada and the US, Questor and MotoAdventureGal during their trip to Alaska, D2D and back just in time for our Canada Day party, Incendo and MrsIncendo on their way to Prudhoe Bay & Inuvik, JediMaster as he continued his +5 year RTW adventure, and Moose_DK (of Moose and Mini) on one of their annual trips over to NA from Denmark... to name just a few.

That reminds me... I reallllly need to pick up a guest book for inmates to sign this season!

GISdood screwed with this post 05-17-2012 at 02:59 PM
GISdood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:12 PM   #351
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,872
Yorba Linda, CA

Near CA 91 and CA 241, (off the North end of that intersection), just up the hill a bit from the river and Featherly Park, (camping by the freeway).

Eastern Edge of Orange County.

Large living room space, or concrete deck camping. Under the stars, palms beside the pool.
Couch or puffed up beds too. So, we can sleep 2 couples.
Showers, washer/dryer... The usual.
Desert is about two easy hours east, The kingdom of the Mouse and the coast are about 40 minutes the other direction.

Oh, the pool is a hot tub, there is a grill I am skilled at burning things on.

Garage space for two motorcycles. Some tools, (I used to be a mechanic, but now I only do my own work, so I can point and coax.) Probably even squeeze a sidecar in there.

2 cats live here, take that as a warning.

Stories always welcome. Wireless internet available.

Non-Smoking Environment
Facebook
Smugmug

Mr Head screwed with this post 07-07-2014 at 07:25 AM
Mr Head is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:55 AM   #352
warewolf
Tyre critic

Oddometer: 2,396
*Nelson, New Zealand... warewolf

Fold-out bed in the office, or you can use your camp mattresses, might be more comfortable!

Have a double garage, carpeted with room for bikes, and bods if you prefer. Includes computer to stay in touch with advrider and wireless internet for your devices. I do most of my own routine servicing; you are welcome to use my stuff to do whatever you gotta do. About 2 km / 20 mins walk from the town centre.
The Stable

warewolf screwed with this post 08-02-2014 at 11:11 PM Reason: 2014 update
warewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:31 PM   #353
Go-4-It
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
KY Northern, Walton

Mods, update to #369. Still current Thanks

We're located in Walton, KY 41094. About 5 miles southeast from the KY 338, Richwood exit off I-75. Just 22 miles from CVG (yes it's in KY). 18 miles southwest of Cincinnati, OH.

Large yard to tent or use our hammocks. Other choices are available for sleeping, bathing & pool use. Tools for use. Dealerships closeby, Harley, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Honda for parts. Local driver with trailer if needed for help. Car & trailer parking as well. Lets keep the karma positive!

Contact via email; caudells at hotmail dot com, put ADV Tenting in subject line please. Or call Stan 859 493-0199 & leave a msg here if no answer and then try cell at 859 240-1094. If you're in the area & want to quickly setup no problem GPS 560 Lassing Way.

Go-4-It screwed with this post 06-29-2014 at 06:49 PM
Go-4-It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:45 PM   #354
aaronrkelly
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 522
Moravia, IA - USA - aaronrkelly

I live in a very small rural town on 3 good sized lots. Plenty of room for tents and your welcome to build a fire or use my grill. Come on in for some AC, a shower or to do some laundry. I have a 4 car garage stocked fairly well with tools. I have a well setup motorcycle retrieval trailer and plenty of wrenching room.....could even store a broken down bike for awhile. Nearby dealers for HD, Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Victory. BMW dealer is about 1 hour away. One of my friends runs the local independent shop.....and another is the asst manager at a NAPA. Stop by and hang out.....

aaronrkelly screwed with this post 06-27-2013 at 06:15 PM
aaronrkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:00 AM   #355
ChrisUK
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 583
Bradford, West Yorkshire, England

Can offer fold out sofa bed and hospitality to Inmates travelling though. Bike can park in garage. Can help with wrenching etc.

Have van so can help if broken down within 50 miles.

Located just north of Bradford, close to Junction 26 on M62 motorway that connects Hull to Liverpool. Good location for visiting Peak District, Yorkshire Dales, North Yorkshire Moors and cities like Leeds and Manchester.

Chris

ChrisUK screwed with this post 06-17-2013 at 01:25 AM
ChrisUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:55 PM   #356
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,688
tent space & advice.

Fort Collins, Colorado:

Sorry I don't have good tent space anymore, but please pm me for camping and riding ideas.

Thanks, Bill Eakins
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com

eakins screwed with this post 09-01-2014 at 06:22 PM
eakins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:33 AM   #357
ripp
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Tent space / camp site

Pittsfield, New Hampshire

Here in the beautiful lake region of NH. I have a private camp site that will accomodate 2 tents and probably more out in the woods. Site has a fire pit log benches and a picnic table. I have a garage with tools, and wouldn't mind going for a ride with you to show you the back roads and take in the scenery. We only ask you be friendly and courteous! Email for pictures and directions. Looking forward to making some new ADV friends!

Email: r1pp@yahoo.com

2006 V-Strom 1000
2001 Kawasaki W-650
ripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:18 PM   #358
timk519
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,357
Kitchener, Ontario

I have a decent sized yard around my single-family home, or I can set you up indoors.

Garage has a reasonable appointment of tools, and the resident bikes may even consent to share their space with your ride if it asks nice.

Being in the middle of Ontario suburbia there's all kinds of shops, restaurants, and other facilities nearby, you can also take your chances with my cooking, or make use of something that looks suspiciously like a BBQ if you need to send smoke signals and call for help. There's also high-speed internet available on-site which can make quick work of uploading your digital cargo.

If you're looking for recommendations of far-off places to experience, I've ridden over 27,000 miles across North America's four corners and am quite willing to swap lie...er... tales.

To make contact, transmit your encrypted datastream here. Assuming you pass the "Identify Friend or Foe" check, I should respond within a day, if not sooner.

timk519 screwed with this post 09-05-2010 at 03:17 PM
timk519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:29 PM   #359
King_Panther13
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 605
Winter Haven, Fl 33881.

Have a couch, a front yard, and a bunch of Italian family members who'll cook you a semi-decent dinner. Nearest big cities are Tampa and Orlando (they're actually both 50 miles away, we're kinda in between).
1992 Yamaha Razz "Blackberry"
King_Panther13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:24 PM   #360
zigyphoto
Pay attention

Oddometer: 899
Boulder CO

At 84 Canon Park, on the west edge of Boulder, you can have:

1. German-made bed in loft (may involve cat visit to say hello at night), or

2. tent space on lawn, or

3. sleep on my private deck hanging over Boulder Creek, hear the water rushing beneath you.

4. Garage space available. Basic tools. Mike's Motorcycles (BMW his specialty) just across town.

Walk to cafes, restaurants and bookstores on Pearl Street in 15 minutes along Boulder Creek.

zigy
720/470-3652

this map is zoomable:

View Larger Map

zigyphoto screwed with this post 07-25-2010 at 09:18 PM
zigyphoto is offline   Reply With Quote