User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2010, 01:33 PM   #361
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Oddometer: 2,953
Stowe, Vermont

140+ acres but most of it is too wet for camping much of the year. Better tent space closer to the house in my meadow; best to arrive in daylight so you don't set your tent up on a pile of sheep crap. Friendly dogs will kiss you enthusiastically, but only after eating sheep poop. Sheep start bellowing at 6am. Cell phone reception spotty and only if you stand on one foot and hop in clockwise circles while leaning to the left. Electric fencing for the sheep that you definitely don't want to piss on. Inmates welcome for a day or two, possibly longer if you have no undesirable traits.

On the plus side, beer, great coffee, shower, sometimes even a spare room, good conversation unless I've had a bad day at work in which case I'm socially inept. Have a pretty good assortment of tools including a tire changer. Generally have a few GS tires with 30% tread left if you need one in a pinch. Dealers for most brands about 40 miles away in Burlington VT. Plenty of great restaurants down in the valley a few miles away. One hill over from the Trapp Family Lodge, five miles to Smugglers' Notch and Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream. Wife worked in the tourism industry for 20 years so she knows all the attractions and I know pretty much all the local roads. Fellow sidecarists especially welcome.

Dirt road easily handled by everything but cruisers and monster touring machines with traction control. Think rural.

Did I mention the dogs?

Boondox screwed with this post 04-15-2014 at 06:15 PM Reason: Updated for 2013
Boondox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 06:23 PM   #362
ozmikl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353
I'm in

Bed, garage, whatever help you need.
In Sale, 2 hours east of Melbourne and gateway to the Victorian High Country or as we like to call it.... HEAVEN... Still got my house in Melbourne (for a while anyway) just off freeway 10 minutes from the heart of town so you can crash at either.
I had a great deal of help from ADVer's in the States when I blew my beemer up in North Dakota so only too glad to help with a bed in or out or some grass for a tent, assistance, full garage of gear a lot of enthusiasm and tons of love and respect for this site.
Michael

ozmikl screwed with this post 07-20-2013 at 08:36 PM
ozmikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:59 AM   #363
ibelyna
The Dude Abides

Oddometer: 75
Annapolis, MD

Garage, MIG welder, plasma cutter, tent space, shower
3mi from downtown Annapolis & US Naval Academy

ibelyna
Annapolis, MD, USA
ibelyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 04:29 PM   #364
wolfy317
Beemer lover

Oddometer: 3,432
Starkville, MS (mid-NE, MS)

Available.

I'm in Starkville, Ms. I've got yard space, an extra room with a daybed (room for a blow up in the floor too), shower, and some garage space. I have access to plenty of tools and maybe even one grouchy old mechanic (not me He's not really a mechanic, but he's smart as they come, and knows motorcycles. Especially old airheaded beemers), and my wife is always happy to whip up a good homecooked meal, and maybe some cold n' tasty beverages. No kids, but we do have two dogs who would be most happy to meet ya. Best method of contact is by PM, where I'll happily share my info with ya.

Al

'71 BMW R75/5 | 06 BMW K1200R

wolfy317 screwed with this post 07-16-2012 at 11:16 AM
wolfy317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:46 AM   #365
Laconic
Añejo

Oddometer: 16,242
Reidsville, NC

UPDATED: November 2013

On US 29 between Greensboro and Danville.

Plenty of camping space, tools, tire changing facilities. Several flavors of dealerships within an hour away. Covered and garage parking. Indoor sleeping available if the weather's too bad. Might be a chance for a fire, a meal and some libations as well.

We can move the truck and tractor out and have room for 4-6 tents.

The deck is a work in progress, but would be a nice place to set up a tent if it was going to rain.

Laconic screwed with this post 11-03-2013 at 08:53 AM
Laconic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:52 AM   #366
heyoka rider
riding=my addiction

Oddometer: 248
colorado corner

I have a few acres.. so tent or I also have a 22 ft tipi. I have a great basement with beds, cable and shower for the really long trip. Always willing to talk travel or ride a bit in my state!

Hit me up!
Old 07-24-2010, 02:30 AM   #367
zDollar Bill
Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat

Oddometer: 962
Cross Roads of America

Cameron, MO....I have tent space, some tools, easy location, 1 mile off Interstate 35. Gas station, Dollar General is walking distance, 24 hour Walmart in town.

Prescott, WI...just south of town. Tent space, tools, firewood.

zDollar Bill screwed with this post 07-16-2012 at 04:47 PM
zDollar Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:22 PM   #368
Menoche
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
I'm in La Prairie, just south of Montreal, Quebec, Canada,
Tent space, extra room with aerobed, showers
Garage for the bikes, lots of tools.

:-)
Menoche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:06 AM   #369
AmericanWalkabout
Lost in the Wilderness

Oddometer: 218
Ellijay, GA

I'm about 5 miles outside of town, up Hwy 52 W toward Chatsworth. I've got a large finished basement with a couple of mattresses, it's own bathroom and a good view.

Awesome dual sporting area with great roads and trails in all directions. I actually live inside the Chattahoochee National Forest, the Cohutta wilderness is at the end of my street and you can ride to TN or NC on dirt.

A garage with tools and space for a bike or two.

I have 2 cats so if you're allergic it may not be a good choice. I'm a non-smoker so if you must it's gonna be outside no matter how cold it is.

AmericanWalkabout screwed with this post 08-09-2014 at 07:53 AM
AmericanWalkabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:52 PM   #370
shoein
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
I'm in Stetson, ME about the center of the state. I have lots of camping space, large arena to use if raining, a fabrication shop , bike lift, shower, toilet, soon to have washer and dryer. A mattress ot two for those not wanting to camp.

shoein screwed with this post 07-18-2012 at 02:29 PM
shoein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:54 PM   #371
Number8teen
Uncompetent

Oddometer: 10,516
Alameda, CA

I've got an extra bedroom w/a queen bed and a crash room upstairs w/a full size bed. Garage space for bikes. No need to camp! I do have a dog who sheds so if you're allergic, my place may not be ideal for you.

Number8teen screwed with this post 02-12-2014 at 12:36 PM Reason: Moved
Number8teen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 02:08 PM   #372
ny-wolcott
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 919
Salt Spring, FL

We've just recently got a camp in the Ocala National Forest about 5 miles north of Salt Spring and 15 miles south of Palatka. Plenty of places to camp or throw down a mattress. We've got a few air mattresses.

WARNING: 2.5 miles of sand road to get in. For a consideration - we might come out with the truck to load you up and bring you in. :-)

NOTE: We are there November 1 through early April ONLY. Summer months we're in NY state (same email).

CONTACT US AHEAD OF TIME! Internet reception is poor until we hookup with a satelite. Give us time to get your message when we go to town, which might take a few days.

EMAIL: vagabond.dick@gmail.com

ny-wolcott screwed with this post 07-31-2013 at 02:57 PM
ny-wolcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:38 PM   #373
Johnny Bouncewell
Surly

Oddometer: 161
Socorro NM

Yo dudes! I'm located just south of Socorro in San Antonio, NM 87801. Home of the 7th best hamburger in the country. Yes, its very, very good and only 6 bucks! Featured on many food shows, the Buckhorn is awesome road food and worth a bite if you're passing through.

I've got a lift, fully stocked tool cab, and can do some broken down recovery if you're really screwed. I have tent space in the back and two couches you're welcome to sleep on.

Johnny Bouncewell screwed with this post 01-06-2014 at 04:29 PM
Johnny Bouncewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:03 AM   #374
MotoSailorDC
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Just outside of Washington, D.C.; within an hour of Baltimore, MD, 30 minutes west of Annapolis.

1 mile south of the DC Beltway (I-95).

Plenty of tent space in the backyard, and hardwood floors/couchspace if you want to be indoors. Kitchen, Wi-Fi, Showers, Laundry, Kegerator.

Garage with room for extra bikes, and a tool kit to fix all but the worst situations.

It's best to both PM me and email me.

(Riverdale Park, MD)

(Confirmed - 9/21/2012)

MotoSailorDC screwed with this post 09-24-2012 at 01:17 PM
MotoSailorDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:48 PM   #375
DRONE
Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer: 3,430
Tacoma, WA

Tacoma, WA-- seven minutes from I-5. Three bedroom home in the suburbs. Close to supermarkets, Home Depot, Tacoma Screw (nut & bolt superstore), South Sound BMW, DMC Sidecars, and dealers for KTM, Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha, etc. Also close to Port of Tacoma for importing/exporting bikes by ship. Also no problem picking up or dropping off at SeaTac airport.

Amenities-- basic garage and metric hand tools; floor jack; flat bed trailer; spare beds--one queen and two singles, plus a sofa so I can host groups of 4 no problem; fenced backyard big enough for 2 small tents but so far all my tent space guests slept in the house; wi-fi of course.

Services-- if you need something for your trip or your bike, you can order it online and have it delivered here. I'll hold it for you. I'm retired, so usually available to help out inmates wherever whatever.

Warning: must like dogs!

I usually log in every day so send me a PM. If that doesn't work, call me -- 253.565.nineninetwosix -- and leave a voice message. If you want me to text you and not call you because you're riding, say that in your message. But I'm not listing my cell phone number here because I'm terrible at checking it.

DRONE screwed with this post 09-24-2014 at 07:09 PM
DRONE is offline   Reply With Quote