Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2010, 06:37 AM   #46
achesley
Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 3,309
Great last ride story Ladybug. Have had a few of those myself.
I still have my first leather jacket in the closet. Bough for me by my folks as a present in 1958 from Sears for 38 bucks. LOL A size 38 and made from horsehide. Had the zipper replace in the mid 60s. Needless to say, far from being close to fitting now but still keep it about. I was riding a '56 Harley 165 then. wow what memories.

An '00 KLR 650, An '07 1250S, An '03 5.3L Chevy Truck + '43 style dude , Simper Fi ;-)
achesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:54 PM   #47
Hannda
Short, fat, bearded, slow

Oddometer: 25,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by southforkspeedster
Guss has put on about 500 miles so far and the bike is running better every day!

I thank you for the perfect bike for my daughter. I am one proud dad
Now as long as she doesn't ride as fast as you do . . . . .
Hannda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:22 AM   #48
red bud
alky w/motorcycle problem

Oddometer: 4,637
cool story, got a /5 that was my dads' and i've had sence around 81 (yea i'm attached to it) i must have rode in the rain way back when, cause my old leather jacket seems to have shrunk.

again great story, thanks to both of ya'll for sharing

"red bud has anyone ever told u you're bit of an ass" bmwblake

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706516
red bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:41 AM   #49
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 9,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING EYEBALL
Great story

Thank you everyone, for sharing.
Hi Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by achesley
Great last ride story Ladybug. Have had a few of those myself.
I still have my first leather jacket in the closet. Bough for me by my folks as a present in 1958 from Sears for 38 bucks. LOL A size 38 and made from horsehide. Had the zipper replace in the mid 60s. Needless to say, far from being close to fitting now but still keep it about. I was riding a '56 Harley 165 then. wow what memories.
Isn't it fun how memories come flooding back when you look at something like that old horsehide jacket. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannda
Now as long as she doesn't ride as fast as you do . . . . .
From the stories I've heard she will follow her dad just about any where and do a pretty good job of keeping up with him. Give her a few more years and she's going to leave him in her dust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red bud
cool story, got a /5 that was my dads' and i've had sence around 81 (yea i'm attached to it) i must have rode in the rain way back when, cause my old leather jacket seems to have shrunk.

again great story, thanks to both of ya'll for sharing
Isn't funny how those old leather shrink

It's terrific finding out that I'm not the only one out here that gets attached to motorcycles.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:55 AM   #50
Gramp-Z
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 757
Great story Ladybug ! I guess I am guilty of becoming too fond of my bikes . Years ago I was selling an Aspencade and had a wealthy snob come to buy it . He wasn't even a poser . He said I'll take it , I said no you won't . He asked why not ? I said I don't like you . Ended up selling it for a loss to a couple that rode about 60 miles @ 37 degrees to look at it , real riders ! Trying to sell a bike myself right now , nothing but idiots call or email me . They know nothing about bikes , but are willing to offer almost nothing ! Cooler weather for riding !
Gramp-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:55 AM   #51
Gussa
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Hey, sorry it has been a while since I last posted. I am trying to think of a name for my bike. My mom thought of the name Hans, and I kinda like it but if you have any other ideas, I would love to hear them!
Gussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:13 PM   #52
Hannda
Short, fat, bearded, slow

Oddometer: 25,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gussa
Hey, sorry it has been a while since I last posted. I am trying to think of a name for my bike. My mom thought of the name Hans, and I kinda like it but if you have any other ideas, I would love to hear them!
Heine (hiney). Or Fritz.
Hannda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:51 PM   #53
Hominid
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048

Next on the list of bike attachments is my 10th bike, a ’99 BMW F650, owned by a good friend in TX and I decided a fly, buy and ride was in order. We went back and forth a couple times about the bike because he wasn’t sure he wanted to sell it but finally he gave in and let me have it.
seems like the best used bikes to buy are the ones the owners really don't want to sell

That's the way it was with the guy who owned my BeeStrom - glad he let it go
Hominid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #54
Hominid
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:

There are a few guys out there that understand getting attached to motorcycles, most won't admit to it but they are there.
I luv my BeeStrom

What do you use to take photos from the rider's seat?
I really need to add that to my equipment list!
Old 09-05-2010, 07:09 PM   #55
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 9,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gussa
I'm sure you're busy riding and enjoying the great weather and that's a lot more fun than posting any day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetRider57
I luv my BeeStrom

What do you use to take photos from the rider's seat?
I really need to add that to my equipment list!
I've been taking pictures on the fly for many, many years - way before digitals came on the scene. I keep my light weight point and shoot camera on a lanyard around my neck. When I want to take a pic I turn on the camera and point and shoot. I don't looked at the view screen I simply point and shoot. I can drop the camera any time and not worry about it and it's handy when I want to take a picture. There are some people who think having some thing around the neck isn't safe so keep that in mind.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:33 PM   #56
Hominid
Gnarly Adventurer

Pictures on the fly

Quote:
I'm sure you're busy riding and enjoying the great weather and that's a lot more fun than posting any day.

I've been taking pictures on the fly for many, many years - way before digitals came on the scene. I keep my light weight point and shoot camera on a lanyard around my neck. When I want to take a pic I turn on the camera and point and shoot. I don't looked at the view screen I simply point and shoot. I can drop the camera any time and not worry about it and it's handy when I want to take a picture. There are some people who think having some thing around the neck isn't safe so keep that in mind.
Just goes to show that you don't need to have the most high tech solution to get good results.

You've got some great on the fly pics - very inspiring. I like seeing shots that show the road from the riders seat.

I'm going to have to incorporate that into the mix.

Thanks for sharing Ladybug