User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2009, 04:41 PM   #1
gizmo309 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Givi e-260 top case

Does anyone have a Givi e260? It's Givi's smallest top case. If anyone does have one, will a full face helmet fit inside? I'm in the market for a top case but I don't want to get one too big. The other on my list is the Givi e370. Its actually cheaper by a few bucks than the smaller e260. Any opinions are appreciated. This top case will be going on a Piaggio bv200.

Bob
gizmo309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:58 PM   #2
3wheelfun
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
I have the Givi E26N on the tail of an MP3 500. I believe the E26N is not sold in US but I got it off ebay for about $65 base plate included. The E26N will easily fit my Suomy Venture Sz M helmet but my husbands Arai Profile Large hits the top (you can get it closed but it is hitting). Hope this helps.

Jill
3wheelfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:25 PM   #3
Monterey10
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Givi

I really like the latches on the newer case. In the old days, it took two hands and some fiddling to open the Givi top box. The newer style allows you to twist the key, push the button with one hand and it opens. This is great when you have a heavy load in the other arm.
Monterey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 05:32 PM   #4
gizmo309 OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3wheelfun
I have the Givi E26N on the tail of an MP3 500. I believe the E26N is not sold in US but I got it off ebay for about $65 base plate included. The E26N will easily fit my Suomy Venture Sz M helmet but my husbands Arai Profile Large hits the top (you can get it closed but it is hitting). Hope this helps.

Jill
Thanks Jill- I may end up going with the slightly larger e370. I priced out the case with a color top and the mounting bracket for my scoot and the smaller e260 works out to about $3.00 more! That is just goofy. I don't see the logic. I think the smaller case would look better but the larger more usable. Looking for a good online source. No local or even distant shops carry them.

Bob
Old 09-05-2009, 08:05 PM   #5
3wheelfun
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
gizmo
On my BV250 I have this case
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PIAGG...5#ht_500wt_931

Looks great, matches the blue perfect on an 09 BV250

Jill
3wheelfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:43 PM   #6
gizmo309 OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3wheelfun
gizmo
On my BV250 I have this case
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PIAGG...5#ht_500wt_931

Looks great, matches the blue perfect on an 09 BV250

Jill
Jill- That is a GREAT deal. Unfortunately my bv is a bit older-'05, so those don't match or fit. I found what I'm getting last night. I ordered it this morning- It's a Givi e30. That will work out perfectly for the way I'll be using it. Not too big, not too small. I really love the bv. I'm at a little over 16K miles right now so I have great confidence in it to be adding accessories. The only way I'll change scoots- or at least think about it- is if the bv300 comes next year.

Bob
Old 09-08-2009, 10:47 AM   #7
techguy
Scooter Trash

Oddometer: 845
Looks like it's too late. I was going suggest you look at the the Shad cases.
techguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:18 PM   #8
gizmo309 OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy
Looks like it's too late. I was going suggest you look at the the Shad cases.
I did check out the Shad cases. I didn't look too closely though. I kinda had my mind made up to get a Givi from the beginning to keep things as simple as possible. Givi makes a bracket especially for my scoot and the monolock rack will bolt right onto. I didn't go with the extra lighting at this time since I'm not real comfortable with the electrical hookup- that was a reason I didn't go with the coocase. I should have my case sometime in the next day or two. I will have to attach the backrest but all else should be an easy install.

Bob

gizmo309 screwed with this post 09-08-2009 at 03:37 PM
Old 09-18-2009, 05:38 PM   #9
gizmo309 OP
Adventurer

If anyone is interested in a smaller top case I highly recommend the Givi e30 tour. It's a perfect sized case. Not too big not too small. Looks great and on my scooter is as solid as could be. Not a squeak or rattle.

Bob
Old 09-13-2010, 11:51 AM   #10
Woovis
sport-touring&brew-pubs

Oddometer: 16
Givi plate to mount E360 to BV200?

Hey all,

Ran across this thread while searching what I need to mount some of my existing Givi bags (e360, etc) to a new-to-me Piaggio BV200.

What plate did you guys use? I see the E341 for monolock cases out there, but think I need the monokey plate.

Also looking for a good forum for scoot info...

Thanks in advance
Old 09-13-2010, 02:10 PM   #11
gizmo309 OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woovis
Hey all,

Ran across this thread while searching what I need to mount some of my existing Givi bags (e360, etc) to a new-to-me Piaggio BV200.

What plate did you guys use? I see the E341 for monolock cases out there, but think I need the monokey plate.

Also looking for a good forum for scoot info...

Thanks in advance
The plate for the bv200 is the E341. I got mine from Sport Tour, LTD online. They are in Sharonville, Ohio. Check out their website. Low prices and great service. And since they are in Ohio too the shipping time will be minimal. I did this last year so I don't remember things exactly but the correct plate comes with the case. I ordered the e30 case and the e341 adapter for the luggage rack. Perfect fit, looks good on the bv, and was pretty inexpensive. Modern Vespa is a great forum for Piaggio/Vespa. I've had mine since it was new. It has about 18,500 miles and looks and runs better than when it was new. I'm a big fan of the bv models. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Bob
Old 09-14-2010, 07:10 AM   #12
Woovis
sport-touring&brew-pubs

Oddometer: 16
E341 monolock only, need monokey

Thanks for the response Giz...

I talked to GiviUSA this morning, the E341 only mounts the monolock cases like your E30, I'm after something that will let me use the monokey cases I already have (E360, etc.).

I'd hate to have the big ugly universal plate, not to mention we'd have to come up with some additional support plate like your E341 has under it. Maybe something with the Special Rack if I can figure out mount locations for the supports.

If I have to start from scratch may take a look at the CooCase mentioned on one of the forums out there.

Need to find somewhere with a parts-fiche too.

Thanks again for the thoughts.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:10 PM   #13
chinittoh
n00b

Oddometer: 1
givi e260n micro ii

Good day guys..

Im from Philippines..

I have a problem with my e260n micro 2..some ceazy people tried to open it but they failed but I cant unlock the box with my key..

The bad news is, I never thought that its cylinder core can detach instead I cut the lever thing that locks with the upper part of the box..and there's is no stocks available in any dealer here in the philippines..

Tried to email to givi uk but they said they dont do shipping in our country .I must coordinate with the dealers here..I dont know if they are ordering that kind of part for stocks.. but they dont offer to made me a order..

Is there available parr of this one there in your country?

Sorry about my engish guys..
I need it desperately due to my daily work..

Thank you for reading..hoping for quick response..thank you and more power
chinittoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:06 PM   #14
gitsum79
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
I have a Givi E26 on the back of my scooter. It will fit a full face helmet, but add a pair of gloves and it's about full. It does hold a decent amount of groceries, gear or whatever else because it is a nice rounded cube shape and not too shallow.