User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2010, 04:15 PM   #1
LandPirateMBC OP
Full blown child

Oddometer: 163
honda elite electrical problem

So today I went over to a friends house to install an aftermarket headlight on his elite 150 deluxe. When I got there the bike had no electrical power what so ever. He said he cut a wire that went to the little motor controlling the old up and down headlight, when he cut it he said he got a big spark and lost all power to the bike. I checked the three fuses on the front end and they all looked good, Anyone know why the bike might not be getting any electricity? Are there additional fuses tucked away somewhere else? possible blown voltage regulator? help me pleeeease
LandPirateMBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:13 PM   #2
btcn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,880
That is pretty weird. I have heard of loss of power for many different reasons, but cutting the headlight motor wire should not hurt anything else. I also have removed this wire, although I did not cut it. First, make sure he actually cut the right wire, and not like the ignition wire or something like this. One easy way to find the problem is with a voltmeter. Check the battery with it, then check the wires the battery goes to and so on. This should at least tell you where the problem is. I can not really think of any hidden fuses. Also look at the owner's manual or service manual if he has one. The only other thing that I would check, but is not related to the wire cutting it how tight the wired are connected to the battery.

Good luck finding the problem. If you have any more details they would help, ask any more questions you have any.
btcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:33 PM   #3
LandPirateMBC OP
Full blown child

Oddometer: 163
Problem solved, a quick look at a online service manual revealed another fuse that was blown when the spark happened, I fixed it and the bike fired right up.
LandPirateMBC is offline   Reply With Quote