|09-21-2010, 06:52 PM||#1|
Is In Canada
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
New France New Scotland
and the Cabot Trail on a Big Gray Pig...
1. For day tripping in New France skip to page 7. Lots of pics and spot report is on page 8 from FredGreen.
2. For South West Nova Scotia Trip planning that the collective may be up to go to this link - all welcome - Southwest Nova Scotia Riders Trip Planning thread (NEW)
3. Page 14 - Mahone Bay, Lunenburg, Bear River, Cape D'or
4. Page 15 - The Big Grey Pig passin Gaspe in Quebec.
5. Page 16 - Cabot Trail Fall Colours in October
6. Page 17 - New France again - Oct 2011 - it never gets old
Note: As of April 26th, 2011 this RR will be in Day Trippin' since most entries are from single trips. Thanks for stopping by...
Thankfully the day had arrived for my not often enough holidays. The plan was to leave home and drive to Meat Cove. That was it. Anything else was a bonus. The Cabot trail would be assaulted by default as it was in the way between my house and Meat Cove. The roads and a bridge or two had been washed away a few weeks back heading to the Cove, but I was confident that all would be set back in place for my arrival. There is no schedule or must do items other then go to MC.
Background info: Prince Sinclair discovered the New World in 1398 (yeah I know this is contrary to what you were told in school) Meat Cove is at the top of Cape Breton in the province of Nova Scotia (New Scotland). If you care to notice the flag of Nova Scotia is suspiciously similar to the Scottish flag.
Yellowknife - New France New Scotland (Nova Scotia)
yellowknife screwed with this post 10-23-2011 at 04:11 PM Reason: Adding details on areas covered
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|