Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
SuperCruise OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
XT1200Z Super Tenere Rostra Cruise Control Project

I have recently ramped up my efforts to install a Rostra electronic cruise control unit on my S10 and thought some of you may be interested in my progress.

So far I have acertained that, although fly-by-wire in its final implementation, the throttle assembly should be able to accommodate the attachment of the cruise control cable where the throttle cables terminate. I'll need to physically inspect the throttle assembly and its clearance with surrounding components, but the following diagram from the repair manual looks promising.

I've also poured over the wiring diagram and have managed to locate every required connection except for a tacho signal. As mentioned in another thread, I don't consider this a major issue as by using the NSS wire there are sufficient other ways to disable the cruise control namely:
  • cruise control power off
  • rear brake on
  • front brake on
  • clutch in
  • neutral gear
  • sidestand down
I've also had to include a relay for the brake signal as the LED brake lights on this bike will not provide the path to earth that the cruise control needs to see to operate correctly. The following is the current draft of the circuit diagram I am developing. Let me know if it looks as though I have messed anything up or have missed something major.

With regards to finding somewhere to mount the cruise control servo, unfortunately the S10 doesn't have the space in the left fairing area to mount it where it fit nicely in my Wee Strom so I'll have to look elsewhere. This weekend I will open the guts of the bike up and look for suitable mounting locations and cable run routes.

Around Australia, Super Tenere Style
SuperCruise is offline   Reply With Quote