Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2010, 08:41 AM   #16
Mikegigabyte
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
post above you changed your post while I was typing this one, of course you come off nicer now in the edited post

ALso I did read about the fakes, but I was told from a few users that these were legit from the packaging. Yes they could be fakes.

Why would I need help deciding on what to get? If I have perfect performance with 4.3g I would expect the same from 4.5

I was only able to find a few authorized sellers first of all, and second no one sold my size.

I dont know who paul is, and at the time I couldnt find the main website, I was looking under dr pulley for a website.

Now last night I found there main site under union material.com
Had to really search to find that because I didnt think that was there real site but this morning they e mailed back with some questions. Dont know who e mailed me back but I sent them more info along with the pics.

Like I said ive read around and everyone is saying you must but them 2g heavier in order to work properly if im using 4.3g rollers the you but 6.3g sliders + -. Now if I had access to a huge amount of sliders in all different weights then no big deal, but when 99% of rollers will work using the same weight then you would think the slider with the same number would work.

Im not some newbie that doesnt know what im doing, I dont need help. I had it set up beautifully with 4.3g rollers. It took days and may different weights to find this out. I heard the sliders are better for longevity so thats why I got them, and they dont work.

Hopefully I can swap them out or get a refund, since I just sold that scooter last week. I did get a new one so im willing to get new sliders but I will get 2g heavier then what im using stock, unless they can guarantee that there weight will be exactly like my stock weights since im using a whole different scooter now.
Mikegigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:05 AM   #17
White Tenere
Look a moose

Oddometer: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegigabyte
post above you changed your post while I was typing this one, of course you come off nicer now in the edited post

Yes I re read it and saw that I came across as not so nice so I edited it..
That was not my intent or was I implying you don't know how to work or tune a scooter...

So sorry if thats how I came across, not here to fight.

I've been riding 36 years and this is the first Scooter I've "tuned up"... I was just trying to share some info with you that I found while doing a search on sliders for my scooter. Union Material is the parent company of Dr.Pulley in Taiwan, Paul and Esther work there and answer all tech and ordering questions.

Enjoy your scooter...
White Tenere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:23 AM   #18
Mikegigabyte
Gnarly Adventurer

Good to hear, then probably paul e mailed me. Hopefully the ones I got are legit.
The scooter I got them for was my first scooter too, but spending 2 months working on it I learned alot on how they work. I put in a bigger engine, almost every body panel has been removed, full tranny work was done hundreds of times so I became a master at that. Tuning the motor was a first as I never worked on 2 strokes. Got it running great and never blew the new motor as I guess it happens alot if you dont rejet properly. I wasnt running stock parts so it may be harder for someone to tell you whats needed. Stock its probably easier.

My new scooter is so much more powerful im not going to even work on it at all. It does all I want so now I can take a break from tuning and get more riding in. I had a 2005 50cc zuma changed to a 70cc. Sold that and bought last week a new zuma 125 which is fuel injected 4 stroke so I wont have to mess around with the carb or any tuning issues caused by altitude or weather. Its so nice now not having to tear into anything to adjust it.

I just figured if I can do something with those sliders, they only had about 8min run time on them. I dont mind selling used parts that dont work out, but I had no chance with these and was totally baffled as why they didnt work out to all the hype I read about them.

I wouldnt mind trying them on my new scooter as long as I can get the correct weight to match the stock ones I have now, or a refund if its possible. The e bay guy totally ignored my questions I had on them but he was the only one at the time that had my size
Old 09-14-2010, 09:55 AM   #19
White Tenere
Look a moose

I really like the 125 Zumo hope you enjoy it..

The guy that lives across from us just got one and it looks really fun, ADV scooter for sure.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:06 PM   #20
techguy
Scooter Trash

Oddometer: 845
Sounds to me like you did lots of different things to the scoot. I thought you were still looking for answers to solutions to problems with a scooter you have apparently already sold but you had been tuning for racing (I assume).

Lots of missing information there.

Normally when someone makes the comments like yours they have not educated themselves before making a purchase and have buyers remorse.

I guess my bad for making assumptions.

Good luck with your endeavors.
techguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:13 PM   #21
techguy
Scooter Trash

What scoot is your new scoot?

Are there any non-OEM changes?
Old 09-16-2010, 07:12 AM   #22
Mikegigabyte
Gnarly Adventurer

Well its been about 6 e amils with dr pulley and ive had it with them. They keep going in circles, not reading what I type. I thnk they only understand refund as I was also asking for an exchange. They say how do we know who the e bay seller is blah blah. Who cares, your name is on the product, you claim so much performance increase, better working when mine were the opposite and I lost 10mph.
I dont think they did enough research on all models and just started pumping them out. This could of been solved in 3 e mails or less. Where did I get them from, lets see pic to make sure they are legit, okay here is a refund or exchange sorry our product didt work. Thats it. But no its constant arguing from them.

So word of warning, for me the sliders I bought made it feel like about 2g less. Ive also read this online about people saying buy them 2g heavier then what you want. Not sur eif it applies to every scooter, or maybe its the overall size of the slider. Maybe the smaller types act differently.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:26 PM   #23
White Tenere
Look a moose

Quote:
Well its been about 6 e amils with dr pulley and ive had it with them. They keep going in circles, not reading what I type. I thnk they only understand refund as I was also asking for an exchange. They say how do we know who the e bay seller is blah blah. Who cares, your name is on the product, you claim so much performance increase, better working when mine were the opposite and I lost 10mph.
I dont think they did enough research on all models and just started pumping them out. This could of been solved in 3 e mails or less. Where did I get them from, lets see pic to make sure they are legit, okay here is a refund or exchange sorry our product didt work. Thats it. But no its constant arguing from them.
Sorry you had bad luck with the stuff you bought on eBay..

You didn't buy your sliders from Dr.Pulley you bought them from some random seller on eBay. Why would Dr. Pulley or any company for that matter give you a refund or exchange on a product you did not purchase from them?

That would be like buying a scooter from some random seller on eBay and then not being happy with it's claimed performance and taking it back to a local dealer and asking for an exchange or refund?????

Sell them or toss them in the trash at this point...
Old 09-16-2010, 04:49 PM   #24
Mikegigabyte
Gnarly Adventurer

Well because first its not a scooter, its a $30 part. It has there name on it, and if they stood up for there product they would take care of people who purchase there product. Its not like there is something wrong with how I installed them, they claim to do all this stuff when in fact they dont.

Anyways I also asked for a trade out to a weight that would work, but they still refused as of the last e mail.
Doesnt matter where I got them from, they originally made them and going by there promise of better performance etc I would expect a company to hold up to that.

Im sure they are made for pennies, after all they are plastic and brass. Not much goes into making them, and im sure they are made in china.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:33 PM   #25
White Tenere
Look a moose

Quote:
Well because first its not a scooter, its a $30 part. It has there name on it, and if they stood up for there product they would take care of people who purchase there product. Its not like there is something wrong with how I installed them, they claim to do all this stuff when in fact they dont.

Anyways I also asked for a trade out to a weight that would work, but they still refused as of the last e mail.
Doesnt matter where I got them from, they originally made them and going by there promise of better performance etc I would expect a company to hold up to that.

Im sure they are made for pennies, after all they are plastic and brass. Not much goes into making them, and im sure they are made in china.

The world doesn't work that way

Take a step back and think about what your saying... Your rational is if you buy something from a store/seller/stranger even if for a dollar you want to be able to take it back to someone other then the store/seller/stranger you bought from and get a refund or exchange on said item....
Old 09-23-2010, 10:59 AM   #26
techguy
Scooter Trash

I would assume they were made in Taiwan, which is technically China but worlds different in terms of quality than most of the manufacturers on mainland China.

As you purchased them from FlyByNight industries on eBay, Union Materials has no way to recover anywhere near the retail value of the sliders. If you purchased them for $30, they may have been sold to an importer that were then sold to the retailer that sold them to you. I am going to guss the UM sold them for $8-$10 USD plus shipping. For them to refund $30 USD to you, they are losing the profits from 6-10 other items and they have no recourse with any retailer or importer. They can't even have a conversation with an importer to "improve their relationship" and take the lose to maintain this relationship.

I am going to make a big assumption here... they feel their engineering team has determined that in your scooter, in OEM trim, the sliders you have are correct ones for that application.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:15 PM   #27
Mikegigabyte
Gnarly Adventurer

Dont understand what you mean by oem trim. Mine was modified with a bigger engine and after many days of trial and error using a few roller kits I found what worked. Even if my scooter was stock it used 6.5g weights but that makes no difference. Its understood by many that you have to up the weight when buying sliders by at least 1.5g per slider. I didnt know that or I would of done that. Also I had also asked for an exchange to the correct weights also a refund whatever they wanted, they seemed to concentrate on the refund portion. I gave them the e bay sellers site, I think it was jason jet ski's.

Anyone who purchases them just be aware you may need to buy heavier then what your rollers are. Also I looked up the 2 US sellers, they dont stock what I need, but I hear there are a few good taiwan sellers on e bay who sell authentic sliders. I had only originally ordered the ones I got because they were shipped from the USA and got them in a couple days, that e bay guy was the only US seller who had my size and weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy
I would assume they were made in Taiwan, which is technically China but worlds different in terms of quality than most of the manufacturers on mainland China.

As you purchased them from FlyByNight industries on eBay, Union Materials has no way to recover anywhere near the retail value of the sliders. If you purchased them for $30, they may have been sold to an importer that were then sold to the retailer that sold them to you. I am going to guss the UM sold them for $8-$10 USD plus shipping. For them to refund $30 USD to you, they are losing the profits from 6-10 other items and they have no recourse with any retailer or importer. They can't even have a conversation with an importer to "improve their relationship" and take the lose to maintain this relationship.

I am going to make a big assumption here... they feel their engineering team has determined that in your scooter, in OEM trim, the sliders you have are correct ones for that application.