User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2010, 03:30 AM   #361
zDollar Bill
Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat

Oddometer: 969
Cross Roads of America

Cameron, MO....I have tent space, some tools, easy location, 1 mile off Interstate 35. Gas station, Dollar General is walking distance, 24 hour Walmart in town.

Prescott, WI...just south of town. Tent space, tools, firewood.

zDollar Bill screwed with this post 07-16-2012 at 05:47 PM
zDollar Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:22 PM   #362
Menoche
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
I'm in La Prairie, just south of Montreal, Quebec, Canada,
Tent space, extra room with aerobed, showers
Garage for the bikes, lots of tools.

:-)
Menoche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:06 PM   #363
AmericanWalkabout
Lost in the Wilderness

Oddometer: 228
Ellijay, GA

I'm about 5 miles outside of town, up Hwy 52 W toward Chatsworth. I've got a large finished basement with a couple of mattresses, it's own bathroom and a good view.

Awesome dual sporting area with great roads and trails in all directions. I actually live inside the Chattahoochee National Forest, the Cohutta wilderness is at the end of my street and you can ride to TN or NC on dirt.

A garage with tools and space for a bike or two.

I have 2 cats so if you're allergic it may not be a good choice. I'm a non-smoker so if you must it's gonna be outside no matter how cold it is.

AmericanWalkabout screwed with this post 08-09-2014 at 08:53 AM
AmericanWalkabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:52 PM   #364
shoein
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
I'm in Stetson, ME about the center of the state. I have lots of camping space, large arena to use if raining, a fabrication shop , bike lift, shower, toilet, soon to have washer and dryer. A mattress ot two for those not wanting to camp.

shoein screwed with this post 07-18-2012 at 03:29 PM
shoein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:54 PM   #365
Number8teen
Uncompetent

Oddometer: 11,075
Alameda, CA

I've got an extra bedroom w/a queen bed and a crash room upstairs w/a full size bed. Garage space for bikes. No need to camp! I do have a dog who sheds so if you're allergic, my place may not be ideal for you.

Number8teen screwed with this post 02-12-2014 at 01:36 PM Reason: Moved
Number8teen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:08 PM   #366
ny-wolcott
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 923
Salt Spring, FL

We've just recently got a camp in the Ocala National Forest about 5 miles north of Salt Spring and 15 miles south of Palatka. Plenty of places to camp or throw down a mattress. We've got a few air mattresses.

WARNING: 2.5 miles of sand road to get in. For a consideration - we might come out with the truck to load you up and bring you in. :-)

NOTE: We are there November 1 through early April ONLY. Summer months we're in NY state (same email).

CONTACT US AHEAD OF TIME! Internet reception is poor until we hookup with a satelite. Give us time to get your message when we go to town, which might take a few days.

EMAIL: vagabond.dick@gmail.com

ny-wolcott screwed with this post 07-31-2013 at 03:57 PM
ny-wolcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:38 PM   #367
Johnny Bouncewell
Surly

Oddometer: 161
Socorro NM

Yo dudes! I'm located just south of Socorro in San Antonio, NM 87801. Home of the 7th best hamburger in the country. Yes, its very, very good and only 6 bucks! Featured on many food shows, the Buckhorn is awesome road food and worth a bite if you're passing through.

I've got a lift, fully stocked tool cab, and can do some broken down recovery if you're really screwed. I have tent space in the back and two couches you're welcome to sleep on.

Johnny Bouncewell screwed with this post 01-06-2014 at 05:29 PM
Johnny Bouncewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:03 AM   #368
MotoSailorDC
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Just outside of Washington, D.C.; within an hour of Baltimore, MD, 30 minutes west of Annapolis.

1 mile south of the DC Beltway (I-95).

Plenty of tent space in the backyard, and hardwood floors/couchspace if you want to be indoors. Kitchen, Wi-Fi, Showers, Laundry, Kegerator.

Garage with room for extra bikes, and a tool kit to fix all but the worst situations.

It's best to both PM me and email me.

(Riverdale Park, MD)

(Confirmed - 9/21/2012)

MotoSailorDC screwed with this post 09-24-2012 at 02:17 PM
MotoSailorDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #369
DRONE
Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer: 3,572
Tacoma, WA

Tacoma, WA-- seven minutes from I-5. Three bedroom home in the suburbs. Close to supermarkets, Home Depot, Tacoma Screw (nut & bolt superstore), South Sound BMW, DMC Sidecars, and dealers for KTM, Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha, etc. Also close to Port of Tacoma for importing/exporting bikes by ship. Also no problem picking up or dropping off at SeaTac airport.

Amenities-- basic garage and metric hand tools; floor jack; flat bed trailer; spare beds--one queen and two singles, plus a sofa so I can host groups of 4 no problem; fenced backyard big enough for 2 small tents but so far all my tent space guests slept in the house; wi-fi of course.

Services-- if you need something for your trip or your bike, you can order it online and have it delivered here. I'll hold it for you. I'm retired, so usually available to help out inmates wherever whatever.

Warning: must like dogs!

I usually log in every day so send me a PM. If that doesn't work, call me -- 253.565.nineninetwosix -- and leave a voice message. If you want me to text you and not call you because you're riding, say that in your message. But I'm not listing my cell phone number here because I'm terrible at checking it.

DRONE screwed with this post 09-24-2014 at 08:09 PM
DRONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 06:29 AM   #370
pavement pounder
Dirt is the spice of life

Oddometer: 744
new brunswick

spot 1: Just a bit north of Shediac New Brunswick. tent space available in my yard. email me: charlie_brien@hotmail.com

Alt spot 1. If you want extra private, or if you are more than 1 tent, there are a few clearings in the woods (previous clear cuts) that I can direct you to; they are not far (5minutes away) off Hwy 11. There is a mild (easy) ditch crossing to get there and you have to cross it. Here, you could make a campfire and stay a few nights. Although rare at this spot, bears are possible however moose are common.

I can also lead you to a nice waterfront-beach front property in the area.

spot 2 Shemogue NB. (on the way to PEI, Prince Edward Island) Just let me know that you're planing on staying or that you have been there if I miss your request. No problem for 1 night, pack it in, pack it out, strictly no fires. You will have to ride through tall grass to get to it (road is overgrown and seldom used-but it's there and safe) Off hwy 15 Shemogue NB. here are the coordinates. 46.165404,-64.188471 No house there. turn off the hwy into a driveway 2 houses to left of lot, then immediately right onto a grassy road, (this is the old hwy, you are not tresspassing) watch culvert is broken at one spot. At end of road, cross fence (my fence) and pitch tent in previously cleared area. (not the field to the left of right of the road, that's the neighbours place.) Punch in coordinates, you'll find it! It's across the street from Twin Birch lodge.

Charlie B. (The other Boorman)
Trans-Lab 2010 - James Bay 2011 - Shenandoah to Deal's Gap 2011

pavement pounder screwed with this post 03-27-2014 at 02:42 PM Reason: added info
pavement pounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:11 AM   #371
tallpaul63
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 455
Santa Cruz welcomes you

I'm on the Cali coast, 70 miles south of San Francisco. I have floor space/couch space in my house, no need to do the tent thing unless you wish. In which case you can put up a tent on my deck..I'm in Scotts Valley, which is just inland of Santa Cruz by about 8 miles. I'm about an hour north of Monterey, which is your gateway to the Big Sur stretch of Highway 1.

Garage available, but I don't have it set up for advanced bike stuff; the basics are here. I have a small motorcycle lift and basic tools, but you'll have to know what you are doing. There's a good Beemer repair shop just a mile away. Help with Japanese bikes will be a bit further, but within thirty minutes.

I'm a fireman, so my schedule is a bit different, but send me an email and I'll help if I can. Happy to help with your travels-I've been a guest of others many times!

tallpaul63@comcast.net

tallpaul63 screwed with this post 08-12-2013 at 10:28 PM Reason: updating
tallpaul63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 04:57 PM   #372
Tradey
RTW Traveller

Oddometer: 226
Sydney, Australia

We welcome all active contributing ADV community members to come and stay with us in Sydney.

In 2010 I spent 6 months riding North America and it's time to repay all the ADV hospitality 'debits' I accrued from fellow inmates.

Our home is located in Alexandria, 5km south from 'downtown' Sydney and a handy location for sightseeing and easy access to Sydney Airport.

Be aware we live on a fairly busy road if you're a light sleeper, BYO sleeping bag and air mattress and you can crash in our home office. Don't forget your dirty clothes to laundry, plenty of internet and bicycles to tour the city. Twist our arm and you might get a tour guide for a day.

Buses to the city are on our doorstep or a 10 minute walk to Redfern train station, but if you'd like some exercise, take one of our push bikes complete with helmet and lock - a great way to see the city and harbour.

There are pubs on every corner near by and they also offer good value accommodation if you're in need of a longer stay more than one week.

Our hospitality comes at a cost... you'll have to share some stories of your adventure over a beer or two !

We look forward to meeting you,
Geoff & Gus.
Mobile/cell: 0428.677.400

Tradey screwed with this post 06-16-2014 at 04:34 PM Reason: Update
Tradey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:55 PM   #373
Marc LaDue
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Sioux City, Iowa

I live about 9 miles north of Sioux City, Iowa in the Loess Hills region that form the western border with Nebraska and South Dakota. I'm available via cell# 712)251-5421, or landline 712)255-4461. I teach high school, so I'm discouraged from using my phone between the hours of 7 AM and 4 PM mon-fri. Other than that I'll likely answer.
I have a basement workout room that's available along with a bathroom and shower. Of course you're welcome to set up your tent if you prefer. I've also got an above ground pool in the event you want to take a refreshing dip. If there's something wrong with your bike I might be able to help out, but anything major and you'd better bring the requisite knowledge, as I'm a luddite when it comes to anything too technically sophisticated.
My address is: Marc LaDue
17092 C60
Sioux City, Iowa
Marc LaDue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:36 AM   #374
SR1
Back in S. Korea

Oddometer: 4,373
South Korea - Pyeongtaek (one hour south of Seoul)

I can accommodate 5 riders for a few days, I have one extra bed, a couch, and lots of floor space. Underground parking for bikes, BMW, Yamaha, KTM, Ducati, Kaw/Hon/Suz/HD shops nearby. All "Western" mechanical services are available in Korea.

PM me here if you need help.

SR1 screwed with this post 11-30-2014 at 11:02 PM
SR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:41 PM   #375
liceyscrub
ADV rider(mostly solo)

Oddometer: 111
Spokane WA

Just purchased a house on an acre outside of town. OHV area nearby and of course lots of NF roads.

Greenacres WA (geater spokane valley)
liceyscrub is offline   Reply With Quote