Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2010, 03:27 PM   #1
Riff OP
Legend - In my Mind

Oddometer: 307
Cool2 The Mountains of the East

I have been inspired and amazed by all the incredible posts on this web site that I felt I had to take a shot at it. I hope it can live up to the high standards you people have established.

The mountains here on the East Coast are called the Appalachias and are actually older than the Rockies, and that is largley why they are smaller. Having said all that there are still some significantly beautiful vistas. If we couple that with the LOVE OF THE RIDE it creates a gestalt experience every time I take a ride. Nuff talkn! Showing you the Pics!

The first think I have to share is my Girl! She is my 2006 BMW K1200R. I actually have a name for her. I call her "Kira" there is a story that goes with her.

Little Country churches dot the landscape, just like this one! the plackard in the middle of the steeple says it was established in 1875. One of the newer congregations.

this church is on state route 26 in PA just over the MD, PA border north bound coming off Old Rt 40 the original National Hwy just east of Cumberland MD. It continues North through Everett PA, up to "Raystown Lake".

It is a good sized Lake and supports a lot of water activities and just a few water craft like House boats.

This brand new to me so I am just experimenting right now. Sol I am not going to big on this first post, please bear with me till I become more proficient at this. I got a ton of new pictures, since this is the first full summer I have had with "Kira". I bought her the end of the summer of 09. So with my Pentax DSLR in tow I have taken what I believe is a lot of good pics. I need a good point and shoot like I have seen a lot of you have so I can get some action shots.

I have saved the best for last on my first posting, and that is a Pic of the Woman I am madly in Love with. Even after 29 years she still has what it takes to get and keep my motor running!

See Ya'll soon!
Riff

Riff screwed with this post 01-05-2011 at 08:33 PM
Riff is offline   Reply With Quote