User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2010, 11:15 PM   #1
techguy OP
Scooter Trash

Oddometer: 845
Kymco P250 Body panels - Vintage Syle Red/Wine Color

Anyone have any spare body parts? Some idiot decided it would be fun to dump my bike over. The front cover area took to worst of it but I have other panels with damage. I need them in the wine/red color.

PM with details or send email guy (remove) harrison at gmail d o t com
techguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:13 AM   #2
techguy OP
Scooter Trash

more information if you are interested...
My wife and I went to the Sacramento Kings and Oakland Warrior Pre-Season game last night. It was our first trip together. She had never really expressed a ton of interest in riding 2-up and I didn't have the gear for her. She started expressing interest so over the past few months, I found good, used gear so I finally had the gear and opportunity. We had a nice time. We stopped for dinner before the game and you could not have taken the smile off my face. We rode to the arena and we parked in our normal area near the arena parking in a surrounding business park with several other season ticket holders. We enjoyed a win and walked back out to the bike. As we got close we saw the bike was on its side. I had parked in a regular car spot where you could not back a car into it without hitting another car first.

Some hooligans from the opposing team (we saw them) had decided that a scooter in the parking lot needed to be dumped over to pay for their team's loss. I guess. It was up on the center stand as I always use it. The bike was dumped on the right side onto what was existing damage from a dump that occurred at the mechanic shop last month (working with the shop on that one). This is all occurring on panels that had existing damage from the previous owner and was there from when I bought the bike. This new damage was worse than any other and most forceful and included damage to rear side of the front fairing and right mirror mount (un-investigated at this time).

I am looking at new panels too, I am just looking at all options and some dealers read these forums and have "new old stock" from special orders that customers flake on.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:45 PM   #3
YamaGeek
Ancient trailbike padwan

Oddometer: 5,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy
more information if you are interested...
My wife and I went to the Sacramento Kings and Oakland Warrior Pre-Season game last night. It was our first trip together. She had never really expressed a ton of interest in riding 2-up and I didn't have the gear for her. She started expressing interest so over the past few months, I found good, used gear so I finally had the gear and opportunity. We had a nice time. We stopped for dinner before the game and you could not have taken the smile off my face. We rode to the arena and we parked in our normal area near the arena parking in a surrounding business park with several other season ticket holders. We enjoyed a win and walked back out to the bike. As we got close we saw the bike was on its side. I had parked in a regular car spot where you could not back a car into it without hitting another car first.

Some hooligans from the opposing team (we saw them) had decided that a scooter in the parking lot needed to be dumped over to pay for their team's loss. I guess. It was up on the center stand as I always use it. The bike was dumped on the right side onto what was existing damage from a dump that occurred at the mechanic shop last month (working with the shop on that one). This is all occurring on panels that had existing damage from the previous owner and was there from when I bought the bike. This new damage was worse than any other and most forceful and included damage to rear side of the front fairing and right mirror mount (un-investigated at this time).

I am looking at new panels too, I am just looking at all options and some dealers read these forums and have "new old stock" from special orders that customers flake on.
I've got some Blue Grand Vista panels, guess that's not going to help?

YamaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:32 PM   #4
techguy OP
Scooter Trash

Nope... would kinda look funny...

kinda like it looks now with it's shtity ass panels I got.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:29 PM   #5
wanna bECO
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 726
If it looks real shitty you could always battle scooter it.

If the panels are trashed tho, I might take a stab at repairing them. There is plenty of info online about how to do this, and you have nothing to lose. You do however have a ton to gain by fixing them your self. You could always take them somewhere to get painted to match the fade/shade of the others. Might turn out to be rewarding.

current stable

'94 Harley .... a blue one
'82 Honda passport
'87 Honda spacy 250
And an E Bike
85 spacy 250
81 passport (in pieces, many parts for sale)
The hit's just keep coming.. bought another 81 passport (11-28-09)

http://tiny.cc/ITgetsBETTER
wanna bECO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:21 PM   #6
btcn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,880
Man, that really sucks, Im sorry that happend. I would be SO pissed off if that were my scooter. It sucks that you could not do much to the asshole who decided to do that. If I found the jerk alone I would have kicked his ass, but you have no proof, and people like that are really not worth getting sued over and wasting your presious time over. I have had many, and I mean many problems with people on my scooter. I have actually gotten into a fight with some punk who decided to cut me off, and after passing him he cut right in front of me. Then he got out of his car, talked some shit and attempted to push me off of my bike, so I thru the punk on the ground. Driving a scooter doesn't mean you didn't wrestle and fight in MMA!

People have tried to start fights with me, and mess with my bike, and cut me off many other times, but I generally avoid the situation, but the secound they touch me or my property and I can't get away, its on.

Yea, I would try and fix the scoot, maybe rig up some kind of alarm to get some attention next time. Good luck!

btcn screwed with this post 10-13-2010 at 11:35 PM
btcn is offline   Reply With Quote