ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2010, 01:10 PM   #9
NWBoarder
Whitmeister

Oddometer: 1,881
Konflict Motorsports Suspension

Another plug for Konflict Motorsports

As I stated in the previous page, Alex revalved my forks and the results were stellar. But.. it served to highlight how bad the rear shock was.

Well I finally took to time to have Alex work his magic on the shock. I got it back last week in time for the Hareport Hare Scramble down near Bremerton.

When I first put the shock on, I noticed it was more compliant (just pushing on the seat). *Unfortunately I didn't have time to set sag, but plan to before the Cowbell ISDE this Sunday.

Since I had zero time to test ride or practice before the start of the race. *I ran it just the way Alex had it set, and I was very happy. *Unfortunately my tire pressures were too high, and was fighting for traction, pushing the front a little and spinning the rear.

I could carry more speed through whoops and braking bumps, because the first part of the stroke was soaking things up, and was not sacking all the way like before. End result was that the suspension is compliant over small stuff, but gets progressively stiffer for hard / fast hits, and the rebound is much more controlled.

I am very happy with my new setup.

Thanks Alex!