User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2010, 05:29 AM   #376
pavement pounder
Dirt is the spice of life

Oddometer: 744
new brunswick

spot 1: Just a bit north of Shediac New Brunswick. tent space available in my yard. email me: charlie_brien@hotmail.com

Alt spot 1. If you want extra private, or if you are more than 1 tent, there are a few clearings in the woods (previous clear cuts) that I can direct you to; they are not far (5minutes away) off Hwy 11. There is a mild (easy) ditch crossing to get there and you have to cross it. Here, you could make a campfire and stay a few nights. Although rare at this spot, bears are possible however moose are common.

I can also lead you to a nice waterfront-beach front property in the area.

spot 2 Shemogue NB. (on the way to PEI, Prince Edward Island) Just let me know that you're planing on staying or that you have been there if I miss your request. No problem for 1 night, pack it in, pack it out, strictly no fires. You will have to ride through tall grass to get to it (road is overgrown and seldom used-but it's there and safe) Off hwy 15 Shemogue NB. here are the coordinates. 46.165404,-64.188471 No house there. turn off the hwy into a driveway 2 houses to left of lot, then immediately right onto a grassy road, (this is the old hwy, you are not tresspassing) watch culvert is broken at one spot. At end of road, cross fence (my fence) and pitch tent in previously cleared area. (not the field to the left of right of the road, that's the neighbours place.) Punch in coordinates, you'll find it! It's across the street from Twin Birch lodge.

Charlie B. (The other Boorman)
Trans-Lab 2010 - James Bay 2011 - Shenandoah to Deal's Gap 2011

pavement pounder screwed with this post 03-27-2014 at 01:42 PM Reason: added info
pavement pounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:11 AM   #377
tallpaul63
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 420
Santa Cruz welcomes you

I'm on the Cali coast, 70 miles south of San Francisco. I have floor space/couch space in my house, no need to do the tent thing unless you wish. In which case you can put up a tent on my deck..I'm in Scotts Valley, which is just inland of Santa Cruz by about 8 miles. I'm about an hour north of Monterey, which is your gateway to the Big Sur stretch of Highway 1.

Garage available, but I don't have it set up for advanced bike stuff; the basics are here. I have a small motorcycle lift and basic tools, but you'll have to know what you are doing. There's a good Beemer repair shop just a mile away. Help with Japanese bikes will be a bit further, but within thirty minutes.

I'm a fireman, so my schedule is a bit different, but send me an email and I'll help if I can. Happy to help with your travels-I've been a guest of others many times!

tallpaul63@comcast.net

tallpaul63 screwed with this post 08-12-2013 at 09:28 PM Reason: updating
tallpaul63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:57 PM   #378
Tradey
RTW Traveller

Oddometer: 217
Sydney, Australia

We welcome all active contributing ADV community members to come and stay with us in Sydney.

In 2010 I spent 6 months riding North America and it's time to repay all the ADV hospitality 'debits' I accrued from fellow inmates.

Our home is located in Alexandria, 5km south from 'downtown' Sydney and a handy location for sightseeing and easy access to Sydney Airport.

Be aware we live on a fairly busy road if you're a light sleeper, BYO sleeping bag and air mattress and you can crash in our home office. Don't forget your dirty clothes to laundry, plenty of internet and bicycles to tour the city. Twist our arm and you might get a tour guide for a day.

Buses to the city are on our doorstep or a 10 minute walk to Redfern train station, but if you'd like some exercise, take one of our push bikes complete with helmet and lock - a great way to see the city and harbour.

There are pubs on every corner near by and they also offer good value accommodation if you're in need of a longer stay more than one week.

Our hospitality comes at a cost... you'll have to share some stories of your adventure over a beer or two !

We look forward to meeting you,
Geoff & Gus.
Mobile/cell: 0428.677.400

Tradey screwed with this post 06-16-2014 at 03:34 PM Reason: Update
Tradey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:55 PM   #379
Marc LaDue
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Sioux City, Iowa

I live about 9 miles north of Sioux City, Iowa in the Loess Hills region that form the western border with Nebraska and South Dakota. I'm available via cell# 712)251-5421, or landline 712)255-4461. I teach high school, so I'm discouraged from using my phone between the hours of 7 AM and 4 PM mon-fri. Other than that I'll likely answer.
I have a basement workout room that's available along with a bathroom and shower. Of course you're welcome to set up your tent if you prefer. I've also got an above ground pool in the event you want to take a refreshing dip. If there's something wrong with your bike I might be able to help out, but anything major and you'd better bring the requisite knowledge, as I'm a luddite when it comes to anything too technically sophisticated.
My address is: Marc LaDue
17092 C60
Sioux City, Iowa
Marc LaDue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:36 AM   #380
SR1
In Western NC

Oddometer: 4,358
South Korea - Pyeongtaek (one hour south of Seoul)

I can accommodate 5 riders for a few days, I have one extra bed, a couch, and lots of floor space. Underground parking for bikes, BMW, KTM, Ducati, Kaw/Hon/Suz/HD shops nearby. All "Western" mechanical services are available in Korea.

PM me here if you need help.

SR1 screwed with this post 08-20-2012 at 12:59 AM
SR1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:41 AM   #381
liceyscrub
ADV rider(mostly solo)

Oddometer: 111
Spokane WA

Just purchased a house on an acre outside of town. OHV area nearby and of course lots of NF roads.

Greenacres WA (geater spokane valley)
liceyscrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:55 PM   #382
sinned
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
Thumb Tent space, room, shower, garage & tools Eastern China

Plenty of room, hot showers (4) and tent space (if needed).
Garage space, tools, help with finding spares, laundry, food, and great company. Lots of mountain rides nearby.
Ningbo City, Zhejiang Province, China
English/Chinese not a problem.

PM for Contact info.

Cheers!
sinneD (aka) Bikerdoc
Kiwi ADVenturer inmate Dr, Paramedic, NP, (ex)firefighter exploring life via the ADVenturous 2 wheeled route. It's not the destination but the journey & choices made therein; that determines the measure of ones legacy. Don't sweat the small stuff, life happens while we're not looking. Hug those around you who have a place & meaning in your life, for it may not come again.
sinned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:11 AM   #383
cameron110
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 432
I am in town and have tent space, a garage with most any typical tool you could want (and access to anything I don't have), and depending on timing probably a spare bedroom in some of the best riding country around:

Charlottesville, Virginia

I'm just 20 min from the blue ridge parkway, and close to downtown if you are taking a layover day.

Finally, since I found my house through another ADVrider member I contacted through the tent space list when I was moving a few years ago (thanks starbuck) the beer is definitely on me

There is a monthly adv movie night in town at the local bar the date is a moving target but you might luck out.

cameron110 screwed with this post 02-15-2014 at 02:03 PM Reason: Update
cameron110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:25 AM   #384
bmwgrrl
Goin' Minimalistic

Oddometer: 437
Tent Space Sign-Up Thread

Dedicated room for Adventure Motorcyclists in Ann Arbor MI

(Need heads up in plenty of time - also host foreign students)

Plenty of *safe* parking, cover & battery tender if needed

Garage&tools

Spit n a throw from downtown area, couple blocks from Bill's Beer Garden, 4 blocks from Dominick's sangria served in mason jars

Beemer dealership in Canton, roughly 18 miles

Yammy/Suz/Honda just up the road @5miles

Lots of country dirt/gravel roads 15 minute ride from house (old barns, cider mills...check out the Washtenaw County Tag o Rama thread)

Ypsilanti's bike night is Tues, Ann Arbor's sparsely attended night is Wed

If you're in 3d week in July, the annual 4 day PITA Art Fair is in full swing...park at my house and go getcherself a carnival tummy

In the summer, last Sundays of the month is the famed German Picnics in German Park off of Pontiac Trail Rd.

Must like beagles

Muttparkinnatmedotcom

Not All Who are Lost Wish to be Found

bmwgrrl screwed with this post 05-08-2014 at 07:15 PM
bmwgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #385
VTvfr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 414
Pittsburgh, PA

Bought a townhouse, so have space now:

Dedicated room for Adventure Motorcyclists in Carnegie PA (2mi West of Pittsburgh)
Plenty of *safe* parking, cover & battery tender if needed
Yard for those that prefer tents
Garage & tools
Bike night is Thursday
Dirt, Trail or Road ridden regularly

(Thanks bmwgrrl for the form)

'07 990 Adv
'07 250 XC-W
(plated)
'03 600RR
(track duty only now)
'94 VFR750 (sold)
VTvfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:13 AM   #386
huzar
Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer: 2,048
Bellevue, WA
Room, shower, tools, covered parking, yard space for tent, trailer... and two huge, friendly dogs to keep you company.

huzar screwed with this post 08-06-2013 at 08:33 AM
huzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:16 AM   #387
luker
look! Its a

Oddometer: 78
oakland, ca

Oakland, CA
beer
shower
couch, carpeted floor or patio space if you just can’t break the tent habit
Secure parking if loaded down, plenty of off-street
Tools to perform basic maintenance on the street/sidewalk
Old 01-28-2011, 11:59 AM   #388
zoeed
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Cool2 Live-in room space

I am a fellow biker, I previously owned a CBR600RR '09 which I used as my transport to tour Pakistan for three years in a row. Covered 49,000kms on this baby without any issues.

look me up if you're visiting PAKISTAN.
You can check my website zoeed.com for further verifications
I had earlier posted about a room available for travelers. I have since moved to a different place and hence though I may not be able to give you a room in my house, I will still be honored to be host to you. The room available now will be booked and paid for in a local hotel. At cycle sports, it is our way of showing hospitality to travelers going through Pakistan.
Additionally we will be glad to service your bike and wash it for you, free of charge.

-Bed space with air conditioner/heater
-Shower hot/cold
-Internet
-COFFEE

Everything on the house.

Happy to help. Do call in, will be able to hook you up for any mechanical assistance or otherwise as well.
(NO! I'M NOT A BOOZE SUPPLIER)

Regards,
Zoeed Arshad
Managing Partner
Cycle Sports
Cavalry Ground Commercial Area, opposite cavalry hospital
Lahore, Punjab
Pakistan

zoeed screwed with this post 12-07-2013 at 02:48 PM Reason: change of location
zoeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:35 PM   #389
Jud
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,106
Please add me to the Tent Space List.

Between Cumming and Dawsonville roughly 5 minutes off Ga.400 and maybe 10-15 minutes south of the Ga. 400 Outlet malls. Roughly four acres some wooded, some cleared. Fairly secluded at the end of a 1/4mile long rough dirt road. Some tools and the ability to change tires.

PM, shoot me an e-mail to mart3303@bellsouth.net or give me a call at 678-739-8059 to get addy.
Blue Skies Coming

Jud screwed with this post 08-20-2014 at 04:02 PM
Jud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:07 AM   #390
mxchamp
Registered Lurker

Oddometer: 1,419
Talking Please add.

Didn't know this tent space existed.

Iowa Falls Iowa.

Have lawn for tent, showers, bike lift in garage, can help with repairs, tire swaps, oil changes, you name it I can do it.

If the weather is crummy have finished basement you can stay in. It's Iowa, the weather is always crummy.

Located between Waterloo and Fort Dodge on hwy 20. Flat, boring, no hills location!

Everybody is welcome.

Encouraging Serious Horseplay!

mxchamp screwed with this post 08-19-2012 at 06:09 PM
mxchamp is offline   Reply With Quote