Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2010, 10:16 AM   #11
Law Dawg (ret)
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Alexander
Does the extra material for the pockets on the bottom of a Clark actually work or is a pad as necessary as on any other hammock?

Basic question ... how do I know which hammock I'm going to like better

Are there certain types that are better for certain types of sleeping styles or certain types of gear?
Yes.
Good luck.
Yes.

The Clark pockets are used by most to stuff clothing etc into and they do add insulation. Clark also makes a set of small pillow things to put in there and they offer insulation. Both of these seem like far too much effort to me when one UQ offers simple and effective, while being comfortable, insulation. When it gets cold enough you are going to need to add more insulation to the Clark anyway. Most that offered me advice (when the decision was being forged) started with the Clark (which they hated) and then went to the WBBB (which they love)...many selling the Clark at a massive loss BTW.

Certain hammocks offer better lay for different positions (back or side sleeper) but sorting that out is tough without a try. If you can attend a hanging gathering or find someone close to allow you a try of their hammock, you can get a better feel for fit.

I'd recommend you simply buy a WB Traveler double layer (around $70) as it is cold season now (no skeeter net required) and give it a try. If you don't like it a sale on HF will get it gone in a heart beat. That will most likely be my next hammock purchase (with adjustable webbing BTW). The two most popular brands are HH and WBBB and on HF the Blackbird is huge in popularity...as in when someone sells one used, it will not last half a day before getting grabbed up at minimal loss huge.

Law Dawg (ret) screwed with this post 11-05-2010 at 10:21 AM
Law Dawg (ret) is offline   Reply With Quote