User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2010, 02:39 AM   #16
onesaintsfan
BigJohnHart

Oddometer: 1,304
Aerostich Darien

Why settle for anything else. Its the best. PERIOD !
2005 Chaparral 210ssi " Native Sun II "
onesaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:25 AM   #17
worthydog
Shosholoza

Oddometer: 458
Eh?

Aerostich? Really?
worthydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:34 AM   #18
pedalmike
Horizontally Opposed

Oddometer: 140
If you are planning to spend the coin that the new TT gear costs, give Rukka a look too.
pedalmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:55 AM   #19
Pedal-Boy
ride till you puke

Oddometer: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthydog
Aerostich? Really?
I will bite what is wrong with stich?
Pedal-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:58 AM   #20
RacerXS
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal-Boy
I will bite what is wrong with stich?
Nothing, he is most likely just unaware.....stich is the shiz
OCCR
--------------------------------
RacerXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:09 AM   #21
Tonopah
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
Anybody have the Aerostitch Transit Suit? It's expensive too, of course.

http://www.aerostich.com/transit-two-piece-suit.html
Old 11-22-2010, 12:13 PM   #22
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,241
Yeahhhhh......uhhhh......No. Stadler is a good maker but IMO it ain't worth that kinda change. Maybe a Halvarsson's.
slowoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:22 PM   #23
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,999
Stadler is a cut above

You guys are looking at this backwards. This is not Touratech. This is Stadler. This is considered a step above Rukka. Many folks will claim that Rukka is the best. Well, those in the know would say, Rukka is great, but it's not as good as Stadler.

It's expensive. Exclusive. Not imported into the US (Helimot used to). It's good stuff from a small family company focused 100% on the highest quality and technology.

Is it worth the money? Only, you can decide.
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:27 AM   #24
Terence FFM
prof. cat-herder

Oddometer: 361
Interested in the duds too

I learned about this suit a couple of months ago after tired of having a pool of water assemble in my nether region in even a light drizzle during my daily 63km commute.

Anyway, end of November it wasn't in stock yet but I'm planning on cutting out of work early tonight and checking out a shop near by. Will let you all know what I find (assuming it has arrived by now).

I am still unconvinced about having to stop, dig out the waterproof layer and pull it on. It sounds too much to me like really expensive rain gear. You know, the kind where you see the dark clouds on the horizon, think,"Ah, it'll blow over." The first few drops fall and you think,"It's just a sprinkle, not worth stopping now. By the time I have the rain gear on, it'll have stopped..." Slowly it starts to rain harder, and you start to look for an overpass or at least a turn out at the side of the road so you can struggle into your rain gear that clings to now a by now wet base layer. Anyone who hasn't lived through this scenario is either the type of person who always has their tax return done 6 weeks early, or is a liar.

Back to the Stadler stuff. Perhaps the Cordura AFT layer and the joy of not sweating half to death in the summer off-sets the inconvenience of the separate rain proof outer. Perhaps I am grossly overestimating the inconvenience. All I know is that for 1700 Euro (incidently, the Stadler, Rukka Armas and Klim Adventure all cost between 1600 and 1900 Euro in my part of the world) I expect less (perceived) compromises than any of the three currently offers.

Like I wrote, maybe the drawbacks I imagine regarding the Stadler aren't as big as I imagine and will go have a look with as open a mind as possible.

As an aside, I do put value on the country of origin and the fact that Rukka is made in Portugal and Stadler here in Germany carry plus points for me. Don't want to turn this into a Jo Momma rant so I'll leave it at that.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:37 AM   #25
Terence FFM
prof. cat-herder

Oddometer: 361
Still not in, check back in February

at least that is what the lady in the store told me today. They did have one Stadler out, the Track Pro, which is a Gore-Tex Proshell with leather panels in the high risk areas. If the Companero is as well built the quality, fit and finish, and attention to detail can't get much better. There was a Rukka Edison SRO next to it, which is also a seriously trick bit of kit, but somehow the Stadler had an intangible "Holy crap, I can't believe a jacket can be so well made..." factor that the Rukka couldn't quite match.
I am very curious now to see the Companero in the flesh.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:53 AM   #26
Tonopah
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
I have an Aerostich Transit. Don't have to mess with liners. Comfortable from mid 50's (with sweatshirt underneath) to 85 degrees so far. Might be warm above that. It rained. It's waterproof.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:21 PM   #27
simon thomas
www.2ridetheworld.com

Oddometer: 507
Great suit

Hi Guys, I've just stumbled across this thread and thought I'd throw in for what's it's worth.

Lisa and I have just picked up the first 'pre-production' Companero adventure suits, and I have to admit we're both impressed. To be honest we don't impress that easily these days.

We've all seen riding suits both good and bad and with some work any suit cam be made to look half decent in the photos, but the minute we put these suits on we knew that someone who actually rides had had a hand in the design. Lisa and I have both worn Rukka in the past and it's well made but expensive gear. As Jim Williams pointed out, these suits are a step above. The cut of the suits, the material choice, the layout are all spot on. The devil is in the details there are a lot of details in this suit that we're only becoming aware of, after now wearing the suit in 110 deg temps for the last 4 days here in Cambodia.

I'll post some photos taken a few days back at Touratech Thailand and we'll post some more as we ride and test them. We're looking for faults, but so far haven't found any.

Cheers
Simon T
Old 02-15-2011, 06:58 PM   #28
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon thomas View Post

I'll post some photos taken a few days back at Touratech Thailand and we'll post some more as we ride and test them. We're looking for faults, but so far haven't found any.

Cheers
Simon T
really curious to see the suit on both of you....does this come in woman's sizing? Hope you are still having fun on the road....my partner and I would like to go away for one year sometime in the near future...but our jobs...
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:58 PM   #29
kaiserschwein
n00b

Oddometer: 5
way much too expensive, almost twice as BMWs rallye3
kaiserschwein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:08 PM   #30
simon thomas
www.2ridetheworld.com

Oddometer: 507
sizing

Hi soph9

I'm writing this on Lisa's behalf as she's out doing some filming. But yes, it comes in women's sizing. I know we should be talking up all the other positives about the suit, but in the real world, all that other stuff is pretty much meaningless if the dam thing doesn't fit right. Lets face it if it doesn't fit you're probably not going to buy.

Lisa's frustrations with adventure riding apparel have always been that she had to compromise the right fit in order to get gear that will live up to her high demands, in terms of both the material and the body armour. The last BMW suit was one of the best fitting she'd used but still doesn't come close to the fit and design of the Companero. From a husbands perspective I love the fact now my wife looks like a 'women' in a riding suit and not a short bloke with boobs in a unisex suit that has her swimming in material. Thank you Touratech.

Simon

simon thomas screwed with this post 02-15-2011 at 09:43 PM
simon thomas is offline   Reply With Quote