Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2010, 04:12 AM   #226
scooterGdawg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by caycek5
scooterGdawg, seeing as we have been hanging out lately is there something you'd like to tell me? You can send me a PM if you don't want to post your secret here.

By the way it doesn't look like Nutsy did any work today.
LMAO nothing to tell my friend...

Today Nutsy went to work, mixing printing ink, well, thats just part of the job.... the messy part and Nutsy fit right in.....

viewing the formula

pouring transparent white into a 3 1/2 gal bucket

ink needs to be mixed

mixing the ink

pouring the finished ink into 5lb cans
Old 12-06-2010, 06:12 PM   #227
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

Oddometer: 1,823
Saturday scooterGdawg passed Nutsy off to me on the way to the SC State lunch.

It was a little cool when we met up so JALnSC treated Nutsy to some hot chocolate and Reese's.

On the way to Anderson we passed through Belton. This standpipe was placed as a SC state tag before and as we were passing right by Nutsy wanted to see it.

We eventually arrived at Matty's where we met up with Land.

Then our waitress Mary was introduced to Nutsy. She wasn't too sure what to make of Nutsy, I think she thought we were a little nuts ourselves.

Nutsy ordered the Treehugger, sorry no bacon.

As it was a dreary and cold day the turn out was not high, but the company was great.
L-R caycek5, scooterGdawg, bucky2, JALnSC, and Land.

We stopped for a break at a little station just outside of Saluda.

We had a good time and are planning on taking Nutsy around to show him some southern hospitality. There will be some more pictures in a few days.
caycek5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:53 PM   #228
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!

Oddometer: 5,339
Good going Gents. I will do my best to keep the 1st post updated with States Mr. Nut has visited, but iof some one sees I missed one, please let me know. FYI "visited" means he dropped in the State.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:20 PM   #229
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

Nutsy goes to work

Nutsy went to work with me the last couple of days. Sorry about some of the pictures being blurry (camera phone, cold, and operator failure).

Nutsy met some of the guys I work with. Everyone is happy first thing in the morning, can't you tell.

Some even know the secret ADV salute.

We then had to leave the shop and head towards the back end of the mill, where our work area is. Nusty said it was cold and his little boys climbed back in him.

so we found a heater.

This was actually taken about 2 hours after we got to work.

I kept having to reassure Nutsy that he was safe and I wouldn't let anything bad happen to him. He thought he might end as a piece of rebar if left unattended in the rolling mill.

The rolling mill is like a giant play dough fun factory (without the play dough or fun) We'll take a billet that is 5"x7" about 33' long and heat it up. It then gets sent through a number of stands that decrease in size until it is the desired size. We roll 10mm to 57mm rebar, 1.25" to 3" angle, flats, and channel product.

The product goes to the cooling bed.

Anyone want to play crack the whip. This is 43mm rebar being cut at the cold shear.
Turn your volume way down or preferably off when you play the video. This goes for the other videos as well. You have been warned. Click on the photo to play the video.

Now we get to the finishing end where Nutsy and I work. I am in charge of the maintenance of the tie-heads and strapping machines.

And this what it does. If you pay attention you can see it put a wire tie around the bundle. Click on the photo to play the video.

Today we were running 1.25" angle which goes through a stacker. One of the strapping machines was acting up so Nutsy had to get high tech with it.

After Nutsy taught me a bit about the machine he showed me what it does. Click on the photo to play the video.

It was finally time to go home and scooterGdawg came up to my work to show off his new ride.

It actually belongs to a guy at the plant.

caycek5 screwed with this post 12-17-2010 at 11:25 AM Reason: added a clearer picture
Old 12-10-2010, 03:23 AM   #230
David R
I been called a Nut Job..

Oddometer: 2,383
Laugh awesome

I have been to a roller mill. I think it was bigger they used 40' stock and made car and trruck axle stock. What a show! Its amazing when they have a "wreck".

Thank you for taking nutzy for the tour.

David
David R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:26 AM   #231
scooterGdawg
Studly Adventurer

good job Caycek5.....

so, how many folks get hurt each week at your place?
Old 12-10-2010, 04:26 AM   #232
Ovoidious
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293
Good Stuff - Nutsy will have so many memories now...
Old 12-10-2010, 07:05 AM   #233
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by David R View Post
What a show! Its amazing when they have a "wreck".
There are a couple of products that have a tendency to cobble, you don't turn your back on the mill when it is running. It is impressive though to see a red hot bar shoot up in the air and go over an overhead crane. Most just start running out on the floor though. Our faster products will get up to speeds about 30 mph so you have to be watchful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterGdawg View Post
so, how many folks get hurt each week at your place?
The maintenance department just cleared 100,000 safe man hours. Last month a new hire for production at the finishing end didn't have his gloves on and went to move a bar. He ended up with about six stitches. There aren't a lot of accidents and most of them could have been prevented. People putting their hands in pinch point hazards and such.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:08 PM   #234
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

Went to look at Holiday lights

Last night caycek5wife and myself took Nutsy out to see some holiday displays.

Nutsy seemed like a little kid all excited to see the lights

The City of Cayce decorates the Town hall and Municipal complex every year, each year it seems to get larger.

The pumpkin carriage was actually taken from a local hotel that the city shut down because of seedy activity (caycek5wife said I should have written prostitution it sounds better than seedy activity). They then moved it to the city park.

It started raining so we got in the truck and went to another display that I had told Nutsy about.

This is a house in a nearby neighborhood. It would give Clark Griswold a run for his money.

They have almost any holiday display you could imagine. I was looking for a Santa on a motorcycle, but could not find one. I did manage to get Nutsy a ride on Rudolph though. I know people who know people.

As it was still raining we went to a local landmark.

The girl who waited on us was hesitant to let me take a photo of her with Nutsy at first. She kept saying she didn't want it to be on any nasty websites with pron or the likes. I reassured her I was not making a girls of Krispy Kreme calender, that seemed to put her at ease.

Nutsy thought about taking a job, but a minute later he remembered that he is out to see the US not settle down in one area quite yet.

I think it was just because he was fascinated at how the doughnuts were being made.

Click on the picture for sugary goodness.

So that was Nutsy's evening.

He knows his visit in South Carolina is coming to an end soon though. He has the Columbia monthly dinner to attend so he can hopefully meet a couple of more inmates before he goes on his way. By sometime next week Nutsy should be looking for a new inmate to play host. I have to say Nutsy is a great house guest.

caycek5 screwed with this post 12-17-2010 at 01:17 PM Reason: commenting on prostitution
Old 12-20-2010, 05:10 AM   #235
scooterGdawg
Studly Adventurer

Nutsy @ UFO welcome Center

I hate to say we didn't get to drop Nutsy in Florida (a new state) like we had planned. Several reasons why, mostly because Saturday night the weather channel was saying possible black ice. Thus, we couldn't get a early start on Sunday morning to make it to Fla and back. So Sat. night we decided to at least put Nutsy back in play, if someone else can grab him, go for it. If not, we plan to go back, and move him on south on a better weekend. For us, this weekend is Christmas, next is New Years, then we have ADV dinner/birthday and so on ......

anyway, this is where we placed Nutsy First.

But, there were cameras around, so we found out later, and the owner of this store came out to keep an eye on us, seeing how we were at the rear of his store. So, we went inside for something warm, and noticed the 16 cameras he was viewing behind the counter.... so, not to take a chance, we removed Nutsy and took him down the street a block or two...
Use Above photos as clues for local

Current Spot where Nutsy is located

I believe there are so many clues in these photos, it shouldn't be hard to figure out. But if you need more clues, let me know..
Old 12-24-2010, 08:49 AM   #236
JALnSC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,032
Cry Bruced pic to follow

Bruced pic to follow
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
convenced riding buddy Kg4lho to head out on a early Friday ride.
The pic shows it all. Story to follow. Now eating Mexican food.

JALnSC screwed with this post 12-24-2010 at 09:51 AM
JALnSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:21 AM   #237
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: 2,859
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JALnSC View Post
Bruced pic to follow
BRUCED????
this is a first for the USA tag......
didja look under the trim ring on the flag pole??????
this will be interesting....
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:05 PM   #238
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

Screw Waldo. Where's Nutsy?
Old 12-24-2010, 01:23 PM   #239
fox102
BORIKEN

Oddometer: 622
Laugh Nutsy was Rescued !!!

"Left James Island around 7 am and temp read 31 a bit chilly for this puertorican! When i got to Bowman at around 8 the temp was 23! ,utsy is ok and warming up we needed to double back fast we had a date with a curlie girl and a flick to catch! "Tron"! will have more pics later! Couldn't let nutsy be alone during Christmas!

ciao

1996 BMW R1100RT
1999 Suzuki Bandit 1200S (Sold)
2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (RIP)
fox102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:27 PM   #240
scooterGdawg
Studly Adventurer

I kinda have mixed emoutions on this one. I was hopeing to pick him up and drop him in fla, but glad he is safe. Good job