|12-27-2010, 08:30 AM||#1|
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Where the stupidest people on earth run things
New Site Wide Rules & How We Roll.
Here are the new site wide rules. The mod staff has been working hard on putting into writing the rules that have generally been in effect anyway.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
ADVrider was created to support the horizon-chasing adventure motorcycling community. Because of that, we support free-wheeling thinking, great pictures and stories, those who aren't afraid to turn a wrench (and those who have turned them with trepidation), and riders who respect the diversity that makes the planet worth traveling.
With a diverse list of inmates from around the world, there are going to be diverse viewpoints, and thus a need to keep things from spiraling out of control from time to time when the keyboards occasionally get more attention than the bikes. We've created some rules to keep things civil and thoughtful without making the site a bore.
With these things in mind, read on...
Here's how to make your stay here at ADVrider a pleasant one.
1.Respect both forum moderators and administrators. It is a thankless job that they do, and cleaning up other people’s messes is never fun.
2. Post to the forum that is most appropriate for the topic being presented. Each forum has a sticky that explains the purpose and rules. Look at the top of each forum.
3. No cross-posting. (This is posting the same topic in more than one forum) However, there are times when it's okay to do so with the permission of a mod, or if it's explicitly permitted in the rules of a forum.
4. Observe all copyright laws.
5. Lurk before you leap
6. Think before you hit “reply”. Re-read it. Your posts live on forever in search engine servers. Remember that we're all in this together.
7. Answers to common questions can be found in the "Ask Baldy, Blame AceRph" forum, including such classics as "how do I post a pic" and "how do I change my User Name?".
8. If you need help, contact a mod/admin or two or three. You can find the list here. Just find one that's on-duty if you can't get to a particular forum mod.
9. If for some reason your post got moved or you find yourself under the banhammer, go back and read the forum rules. You can always find your recent posts by going to your Control Panel if you don't know where something got moved.
10. If yours is the last post and you want to add more info, consider editing it instead of adding another reply.
11. Don't rip off the ADV logo. There are authorized vendors in the Vendor section if you want to buy stickers, T-shirts, flags, and other goodies.
THE BIG RULES:
These are the site-wide rules. You can count on them to be in place always, no matter what forum you are in. Violation of these rules is grounds for the IMMEDIATE banning of your account. If you think we’re kidding, think again.
1. Harassing, intimidating or threatening other members is a no go.
2. Attacking family members means a quick exit.
3. Threatening a public official means instaban.
4. Private Messages are Private. Post someone's PM and you're gone.
5. Posting private information about someone will get you banned. You may not publish or post other people's private and confidential information—their phone number, where they live, and so on - without their consent.
6. No posting of pornographic or objectionable/inappropriate material.
7. Don't screw with the site. No rickrolls, autoplay videos, malicious code, spammy hijacking, or anything that disrupts the the site's functionality. Animated gifs are okay. If you inadvertently screw the pooch with a post that causes fail, contact a mod.
8. No multiple user ID's. Fake n00bs, aka Multiple User IDs, are, except in exceptional circumstances, merged with the originator. Or both IDs may be banned. Try and sign up as a fake n00b while you are banned, and your temporary time-out might become permanent. If you are trying to change your user name, go to the thread in the Ask Baldy, Blame AceRph forum.
9. No Spam. Selling your own junk is cool but limited to the Flea Market. Selling multiple items of the same product is considered a sale by vendor, so Vendor forum. Soliciting inmates via Private Message is spam. If it's not related to motorcycling, it's spam. If we see it we nuke it and probably you.
10. Read each forum's rules before posting. Really. Do it. It only takes a minute. Some forums are moderated fairly tightly in order to keep things from going sideways quickly.
11. No profanity in thread titles, sig lines, or your user title.
12. No forum wars. If you have beefs with inmates in other forums, this isn't the place to air them out.
13. No mod baiting. Whether it's in the forum or in PM's to the staff here, being an arse may earn you some vacation time or a permaban.
14. Mod decisions are final.
Time-outs, Vacations, and the Banhammer
How the Banhammer drops around here:
The software upgrade has a new feature allowing the moderators to issue infractions as warnings before the Banhammer falls. Occasionally infractions will get bypassed and the Banhammer will strike.
If you think someone should be under the banhammer:
Please consider whether a post really is in violation of the rules before hitting the “report” (this foul post) button. When we get it, the mod squad will decide what action, if any, is needed. Whining is a drag, but giving us a heads-up on a post that has problems is always welcome.
If you're getting the hint that you might be under the banhammer:
In many forums the inmates who have been here for a while will be helpful and give you hints--some subtle, some not--on how to avoid getting into trouble. Listen to them. Everyone here has a vested interest in keeping the site running smoothly. If someone suggests you should change your Flea Market post, pay attention. If someone suggests that what you've posted in JoMomma is about to get you banned, think hard about editing your post.
If you've found yourself on the wrong side of the banhammer:
Rules infractions can result in anything from a day or few days off to cool off, to long or permanent bans. You will lose your subscriptions if you are banned. If for some remote reason you think the mods have made a mistake, you can contact someone at the site via the Yo button at the bottom of any page.
If your best buddy is under the banhammer:
Don't start threads to "Free __________". Unless you want to join your buddy in Banned Camp.
We take this stuff seriously.
Do not post copyrighted material without permission. Links to service manuals, illegal .mp3 downloads, etc. will be deleted, and you will be banned.
If you believe that your copyrighted material appears on this site, you should notify us by clicking the "Report this Post" button.
Please be specific with your copyright claim.
Equal to all of you of roads and good luck! - krokodil al-kashi
“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003
"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
GB screwed with this post 01-30-2014 at 08:07 AM Reason: Changed "blame" to "report" (this foul post button)
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|