User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2010, 12:39 PM   #76
Crow
Corvid

Oddometer: 1,288
It has arrived!

Stopped by the nearest dealer today. Here it is!

Old 11-11-2010, 02:29 PM   #77
wanna bECO
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 726
wow .. nice

current stable

'94 Harley .... a blue one
'82 Honda passport
'87 Honda spacy 250
And an E Bike
85 spacy 250
81 passport (in pieces, many parts for sale)
The hit's just keep coming.. bought another 81 passport (11-28-09)

http://tiny.cc/ITgetsBETTER
wanna bECO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:13 AM   #78
flatboarder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanna bECO
wow .. nice
Unbelievable. They put external flashlights on it.
The EU version does not need them at all. They are included in the bodywork / mainlight.

Phil
flatboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:17 AM   #79
Crow
Corvid

Oddometer: 1,288
Good catch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatboarder
The EU version does not need them at all. They are included in the bodywork / mainlight.

Phil
Good catch! I didn't take notice of that in the shop. It's ridiculous - U.S.A. D.O.T. needs to change. Just because an indicator is hanging out doesn't mean it's easier to see - integrated is the way to go.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:37 PM   #80
V Saarela
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 354
I saw the PCX at EIMA Milano. Also had the possibility to sit and feel the scoot.(no, we have not yet the PCX in Sweden, will come 2011)

Good looking view, the chromering follows with when turning.

Noticing the flashlight you are talking about. Is it because they are white flash(its not allowed in us?) or is it becaude there are spec for how wide it must be between the flash/blinkers?
(In Sweden the wide has to be 18 centimetres at front and 22 back)
Old 12-11-2010, 10:11 PM   #81
LarryRickenbacker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Attractive scoot!

Howdy,

On good roads, the PCX will be a winner. Here on Louisiana's rutty thoroughfares, I'm nervous about that skinny front tire. If i still lived on the Texas side of the "line", I'd probably get a PCX.
LarryRickenbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:01 PM   #82
btcn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,880
If you think that would be bad, try an Elite 150! This thing is great on almost all roads, but on really rutty shitty roads, it handles horrible. It has very small wheels. The ruts through it all over the road. Like there is a section of a 2 lane 55 MPH highway that I commute on and I hate this little section of the road. It is so uneven that it would make a dirt bike wobble around.

I know how uneven your roads must be out there! So just look into the bigger wheeled scoots with good suspension, and you will fine. OR have you considered a motorcycle since it seems you already have a scoot? No scoots have real real wide tires. Maybe take a look at the Yamaha TW 200? Damn big wheels, and a load of fun!
btcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:43 PM   #83
LarryRickenbacker
Gnarly Adventurer

Why shift?

Howdy,

BTCN: As much as I'm embarrased to admit, I've never learned to shift gears! I no longer own a scooter. Since I've no desire to get on the freeway, I've never seen the need to learn how to upshift/ downshift, find neutral on a motorcycle.
Given my limited choices and budget, it looks like Yamaha's Zuma 125 is my most logical option. What I miss most about my old Daelim S2-125 was simply riding it home from work. My scooter brought some fun to otherwise humdrum commuting and errand-running.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:39 AM   #84
btcn
Beastly Adventurer

Well, sounds like a Zuma will do fine for you. As long as you don't need to hop on the highway, the Zuma is perfect. It is reliable and Fuel Injected. As much as many people may try and argue about how carburetors are better, they are not. The last car with sold in the USA with carburetors was the 1990 Subaru Justy. Every car with a gas engine produced after that here are Fuel injected.

The Zuma, like most motorcycles uses Throttle Body Induction Injection. This is not quite as good as more recent Multi Port Fuel Injection, but it works very well. Carburetors were not bad, its just that fuel injection has many many more advantages. EFI just gives a very precise, strong air/fuel mixture. It is great! When you go WOT, the ECU precisely injects the correct amount of extra fuel and air into the engine. And best of all, no re-jetting, ever! Just remapping the Fuel map is necessary when doing performance mods to the engine, which is easy. So this is a huge advantage with the zuma.

The only thing that the Zuma really lacks in technology is Liquid Cooling. It uses forced air cooling, which gets the job done, but liquid is far superior. With water cooling, the engine will last longer, and WOT riding hurts much less. But the zuma has a good forced air cooling system.

But overall, the Zuma is an awesome scoot. I think you will enjoy it, as long as you have no need to comfortably cruise at much over 50 MPH.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:06 PM   #85
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,483
Ok who has bought one of the things? Stopped at a Honda dealer today to kick some tires and salesman told me they would NOT come off MSRP. "not with the gas prices we expect"

He did not have a clue as to the real life top speed. Anyone here know?
siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:50 PM   #86
btcn
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by siyeh View Post
Ok who has bought one of the things? Stopped at a Honda dealer today to kick some tires and salesman told me they would NOT come off MSRP. "not with the gas prices we expect"

I am not 100% sure, but based on my knowledge a PCX 125 should top out at 60 MPH regularly and see upwards of 64-68 MPH if pushed with a full tuck. Not bad for a 125 cc scooter, actually about the same as your average 150 cc scooter
Old 12-31-2010, 12:01 AM   #87
flatboarder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by siyeh View Post

Max 95km/h GPS Euro version
Cruising speed 80-90 km/h GPS
flatboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:37 AM   #88
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,483
Thanks for the mph info. I am in the market for a scoot. I do have blessing from wife. I have narrowed it down to 3 models.

Sachs MadAss 125

Kymco Agility 125

Honda PCX

I am an old Honda guy-have owned a dozen- the PCX looks sweet.

I need to test ride all 3 when the weather warms up here.
siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:07 AM   #89
SPOFF
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatboarder View Post

Phil
I've been looking at the PCX. On the U.S. version, even though the flashers are on stalks, the lenses above the headlight are still there. I'm wondering if the plastic socket castings for the overseas directionals are still there behind the lenses. Looks like a great location for a pair of HID driving lights. Or at a minimum a pair of LED accent lights.
SPOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:07 AM   #90
LarryRickenbacker
Gnarly Adventurer

Get the Honda

Howdy,

Siyeh: Of the three scoots you listed, I'd get the Honda PCX. Resale value would be better with the Honda, then of course there's the out-of-this-world mpg.
I was considering the PCX when a very lightly used Honda Sh150i popped up "used" at my Honda dealer. As long as you've got decent roads, the PCX should be a winner over any other 125. Good luck!