Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2011, 03:30 PM   #6286
Jeremy L
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
@japako: our ABS switch is still being refined, so thanks for the input. Our post about it showed one prototype, but definitely not our final design. Concerning the luggage rack, we are considering different solutions for those who want to remove the pillion seat, and we'll try to keep you all posted as that develops.

Concerning the crash bars, they will change slightly before production. The set in the photographs and at the motorcycle shows is a prototype – we needed to verify fitment before any cosmetic changes.

Get in touch if you decide to order from us – you can always shoot an email over to info [at] AltRider [dot] com if you want a quick response.

@Knight: lights are definitely on our mind right now. Eventually, we will probably have two solutions: one that can mount to the crash bars, and another that would be mounted to the bike itself. Thanks for giving us a heads up about what you’re looking for.

@Dallara: appreciate all of you taking the time to give feedback, and your input about the luggage rack is great. Right now we’re still collecting data (as we are in the last stages of finalizing the luggage rack design itself before production) to determine what solution makes most sense.

Our pannier system is at an early stage, but once we get further along I will share more. We’re pretty excited about this one…

@johnpitts01: glad to be included on the list. Hit us up if you have questions about any of that stuff, or drop by one of our IMS shows so we can talk.

AltRider.com
Jeremy L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #6287
japako
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Jeremy, thanks for putting an answer to many of our wants
I have been in contact with Christina, and she has been very helpful.

I am just waiting for your final production as I am sure others are to.
Jim
japako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:11 PM   #6288
japako
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorider View Post
Did you have to call to get the shipping cost to the US? When I tried to place the order, it does not calculate shipping, but instead tells me to "consult with office".

Sorry for the late get back...

No I did not have to call but ended up doing anyway.
If you use the internet they will ship for free..
However, when I tried to complete the sale the page would not load, so that's when I called.

They gave me free shipping because of that. Good company with good communication.
They were working on that problem and it may work now.
Jim
Old 01-06-2011, 04:31 PM   #6289
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Oddometer: 13,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy L View Post
Just finished this video about a week ago, and wanted to get a sense how many of you will be riding off road? What hard parts are you currently considering?
Definitely, I'll give all the off road a whirl with it...technicals, we'll see. As a daily driver I might take some caution with the heavy off road work.

But it is definitely going off road.

Hard Parts:
To DoQtySource
Bracket for Heated GripsMotorradgarage
ExhaustMotorradgarage
Windshield bracketMotorradgarage
Raising links with new feet for center standMotorradgarage
SW Motech tool box mounts to bash plateMotorradgarage
Pillion PegsMotorradgarage
Kaoko Cruise ControlTwisted Throttle
BashplateAltRider or SW Motech
Engine GuardsAltRider or SW Motech
Left 37L TraxxTwisted Throttle
Right 45L TraxxTwisted Throttle
Luggage Racks (SW Motech)Twisted Throttle
Powered Tank Bag Mount (SW Motech)Twisted Throttle
Powered Tank Bag Ring (for tank bag)Twisted Throttle
Rear Rack (Hepco Becker)Amotostuff
HB 52L TopcaseAmotostuff
52L Topcase BackrestAmotostuff
Ram ball for top mountRocky Mountain ATV
8 position (5 switched/3 unswitched) fuzeboxEasternBeaver.com
1 Front Powerlet Switched--L/S (non throttle side)EasternBeaver.com
1 Loom to SAE Plug to front, Unswitched (medium length loom to fuze panel).EasternBeaver.com
1 Rear Powerlet Switched (long wire to R/F fuze panel)EasternBeaver.com
1 Wire Loom (determine length) to SAE with an inline 5V power stepped down from 12VEasternBeaver.com
EasternBeaver.com
BUY SAE Ends x3EasternBeaver.com
1 Wire Loom (Short,18") to SAE with an inline 5V power stepped down from 12VEasternBeaver.com
Speedo healerCalSportBike.com
Heated Grips (...see Larry for discount...on all 4 Yammie parts)Yamaha
Wind DeflectorsYamaha
LED Blinkers Yamaha
Headlight protector: 23P-H4105-00-10 Yamaha
Custom nylon bags from Corrado113's thread for tool stowage in nooks and crannies? ADV Vendor
Medium Touring WindshieldCal-Sci
Buy their knurled screws: 11.00Cal-Sci
Scorpio Alarm Harness for YamahaPashnit
Highway Dirtbikes Top Clamp (Standard)ADVRider thread
HDP Switch (3)HighwayDirtBikes.com
Barkbusters???
Ram ball only: RAM-B-349U 1015, X2…need a mount of some kind off the mirror
Existing farkles swap from DL:
Scorpio Alarm (existing), need the Yamaha 1200Z connector
Stebel and harness
Sirius w/aqua box
GPS Mount
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #6290
Dirt_Dad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 499
Quote:
Concerning the crash bars, they will change slightly before production. The set in the photographs and at the motorcycle shows is a prototype – we needed to verify fitment before any cosmetic changes.
If I can remove both side panels without taking off the crash bars I would say I'm inclined to go with your bars. I like the design and I'm burned out on having to remove the Givi bars on my Strom to get anything done.
2013 Suzuki DR650SE
2008 Yamaha WR250R (for sale)
Dirt_Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:09 PM   #6291
klebs01
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 164
Quote:
Our pannier system is at an early stage, but once we get further along I will share more. We’re pretty excited about this one…
I'm liking the bash plate and the crash bars. For the panniers, if you are able to make them with the exhaust cut out so they appear symmetrical, I think I will be adding them to the list of part to purchase also.
klebs01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:15 PM   #6292
A Knight Who Says Ni
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBill View Post
Definitely, I'll give all the off road a whirl with it...technicals, we'll see. As a daily driver I might take some caution with the heavy off road work.

But it is definitely going off road.

Hard Parts:
To DoQtySource
Bracket for Heated Grips
Motorradgarage
Exhaust
Motorradgarage
Windshield bracket
Motorradgarage
Raising links with new feet for center stand
Motorradgarage
SW Motech tool box mounts to bash plate
Motorradgarage
Pillion Pegs
Motorradgarage
Kaoko Cruise Control
Twisted Throttle
Bashplate
AltRider or SW Motech
Engine Guards
AltRider or SW Motech
Left 37L Traxx
Twisted Throttle
Right 45L Traxx
Twisted Throttle
Luggage Racks (SW Motech)
Twisted Throttle
Powered Tank Bag Mount (SW Motech)
Twisted Throttle
Powered Tank Bag Ring (for tank bag)
Twisted Throttle
Rear Rack (Hepco Becker)
Amotostuff
HB 52L Topcase
Amotostuff
52L Topcase Backrest
Amotostuff
Ram ball for top mount
Rocky Mountain ATV
8 position (5 switched/3 unswitched) fuzebox
EasternBeaver.com
1 Front Powerlet Switched--L/S (non throttle side)
EasternBeaver.com
1 Loom to SAE Plug to front, Unswitched (medium length loom to fuze panel).
EasternBeaver.com
1 Rear Powerlet Switched (long wire to R/F fuze panel)
EasternBeaver.com
1 Wire Loom (determine length) to SAE with an inline 5V power stepped down from 12V
EasternBeaver.com

EasternBeaver.com
BUY SAE Ends x3
EasternBeaver.com
1 Wire Loom (Short,18") to SAE with an inline 5V power stepped down from 12V
EasternBeaver.com
Speedo healer
CalSportBike.com
Heated Grips (...see Larry for discount...on all 4 Yammie parts)
Yamaha
Wind Deflectors
Yamaha
LED Blinkers
Yamaha
Headlight protector: 23P-H4105-00-10
Yamaha
Custom nylon bags from Corrado113's thread for tool stowage in nooks and crannies?
ADV Vendor
Medium Touring Windshield
Cal-Sci
Buy their knurled screws: 11.00
Cal-Sci
Scorpio Alarm Harness for Yamaha
Pashnit
Highway Dirtbikes Top Clamp (Standard)
ADVRider thread
HDP Switch (3)
HighwayDirtBikes.com
Barkbusters?
??
Ram ball only: RAM-B-349U 1015, X2…need a mount of some kind off the mirror

Existing farkles swap from DL:

Scorpio Alarm (existing), need the Yamaha 1200Z connector

Stebel and harness

Sirius w/aqua box

GPS Mount

when I opened this post, My credit card let out a scream and jumped out of my wallet. It is now shaking in the corner of the room waving a pitchfork at me

A Knight Who Says Ni screwed with this post 01-06-2011 at 05:44 PM
A Knight Who Says Ni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:30 PM   #6293
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt_Dad View Post
If I can remove both side panels without taking off the crash bars I would say I'm inclined to go with your bars. I like the design and I'm burned out on having to remove the Givi bars on my Strom to get anything done.
I can actually remove all the plastic without touching the bars. (DL1000)

but don't ask me to explain it to you, but it's a combination of Zen, Origami and Twister. I manage to do it everytime but never remember enough detail to write it down.

Cheers
Graham
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #6294
combo
D S N

Oddometer: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
I can actually remove all the plastic without touching the bars. (DL1000)

but don't ask me to explain it to you, but it's a combination of Zen, Origami and Twister. I manage to do it everytime but never remember enough detail to write it down.

Cheers
Graham

UNDERSTAND!
Old 01-06-2011, 06:03 PM   #6295
stevepsd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 226
Jeremy,

Great to meet you at the Long Beach show (and letting me help you push your S-10 up on stage!). I was very impressed with your products and attention to detail.

Your skid plate, crash bars and universal joint guard have easily made the list.

The luggage rack is also a possibility, depending on if it can be used with the 'additional' luggage rack that Wasp found...by having the option of not using the bottom mounting bracket (where the storage cubby is) in this configuration. It would be great to have this flexibility. A storage bag for the cubby is a great idea...possibly some sort of Pelican-like storage box?

Here is the 'additional' luggage rack from Wasps thread.
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Steve/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]
[QUOTE=Wasp;13893756].

I did notice the blurb about the "ADDITIONAL CARRIER" under the seat but it did not gel as to what use it would be with the rear rack sitting some 2+" higher than the (underseat) rack surface. In the same paragraph Yamaha suggests that "TO USE THE ADDITIONAL CARRIER, CONSULT A YAMAHA DEALER" (like they would know ) with out elaborating any further.

Anyway, I had the bike up on the slab tonight and was messing around with an idea (along the lines of this topic) and the penny dropped....
If you remove the two piece (silver top plate and tall black plastic) rear rack you will see a large black rubber plug as shown below:
Pillion seat is removed for clarity).

Beneath the rubber plug you will see a threaded mount similar to the two rear mounts and in the correct position to accept the direct attachment of the silver top plate.

When you bolt the silver top plate in this new found lower mount position you end up with a huge flat surface (with the pillion seat removed) that resembles the back of a one tonne Holden ute (pick up truck for you high quality multi purpose motor-vehicle starved Yanks).

And here's a pitcha...

Nice and long, flat, and level.... Providing the pillion grab handles are removed.

Regarding hard luggage....it must be rugged (I would expect yours to be), be readily removable, not to wide - tucked into the body would we great, have unobtrusive mounts when the bags are not on the bike (SW-Motech like), lockable, watertight and be top or side loading with hinged lids (not clamshell!). Easy enough?

Of the bags that are out there I am currently leaning towards the MicaTech V2 bags, which others have reported as being very, very crash resistant, which cannot be said of the Trax bags.

-steve
Old 01-06-2011, 06:16 PM   #6296
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Oddometer: 13,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Knight Who Says Ni View Post
when I opened this post, My credit card let out a scream and jumped out of my wallet. It is now shaking in the corner of the room waving a pitchfork at me
Yeah, I didn't include Phase I and II columns with the $$...

Phase I (Immediate): $2600

Phase II (wait 5 minutes): $2300

I have a tendency to overbuild...BUT I will say...SOME crap is more expensive that others...ahem, ahem:

Luggage & TravelProtection & SafetyErgo, Entertainment (wind, sirius, power)Looks and Sound (exhaust etc)Off Road Improve

MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:20 PM   #6297
Chadx
Off the road again..

Oddometer: 2,172
Personally I'm diggin' the look of the Altrider crashbars, so don't change them tooooo much. But then, I'm admittedly a function over form person and functionality always looks sweet to me.

Though they are stainless steel, I'll be ordering the black coated version, just because the silver would contrast too much with the black panels on the U.S. version.

So go ahead and change them if you can attract a wider audience by making 'em more perty, just please keep them as functional as now including being able to remove the side panels without removing the crash bars. I don't mind extra clearance between the bars and panels and don't think it looks bad at all. If nothing else, it provides an even greater margin of error when the beast goes over and touches down, keeping the panels even further from harms way.
Chadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:25 PM   #6298
Stromdog
Howl at the Moon

Oddometer: 2,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt_Dad View Post
+1. We need to be able to tilt up the tank for air filter servicing without having to remove the crash bars.
Stromdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:26 PM   #6299
Chadx
Off the road again..

Oddometer: 2,172
With the rear pillion removed and some form of rear rack in the lowered position is how I'm currently planning on running mine. The large grab handles would be handy for picking up a dropped bike, but there are mini-grab handles still on the rear pillion platform that should suffice. Also in wasps photo below (and some of his others), the bike looks soooo much better with the passenger pegs and huge passenger peg arms removed (especially on the left/exhaust side). A more svelte and compact (read: emergency only and not day-to-day) passenger peg system would be a good aftermarket hard part.

Chadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:30 PM   #6300
japako
Studly Adventurer

That is what I'm looking for, except remove the two plastic pieces and replace with two alum. pieces. It would be nice if both are drilled to accept a Givi Monokey top case and have slots for tie downs.
I'm not asking for much..