ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2010, 12:10 PM   #76
NWBoarder
Whitmeister

Oddometer: 1,862
Konflict Motorsports Suspension

Another plug for Konflict Motorsports

As I stated in the previous page, Alex revalved my forks and the results were stellar. But.. it served to highlight how bad the rear shock was.

Well I finally took to time to have Alex work his magic on the shock. I got it back last week in time for the Hareport Hare Scramble down near Bremerton.

When I first put the shock on, I noticed it was more compliant (just pushing on the seat). *Unfortunately I didn't have time to set sag, but plan to before the Cowbell ISDE this Sunday.

Since I had zero time to test ride or practice before the start of the race. *I ran it just the way Alex had it set, and I was very happy. *Unfortunately my tire pressures were too high, and was fighting for traction, pushing the front a little and spinning the rear.

I could carry more speed through whoops and braking bumps, because the first part of the stroke was soaking things up, and was not sacking all the way like before. End result was that the suspension is compliant over small stuff, but gets progressively stiffer for hard / fast hits, and the rebound is much more controlled.

I am very happy with my new setup.

Thanks Alex!
Old 10-20-2010, 02:58 PM   #77
nw scout
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 686
I posted up my local site a few pages back but I just finished up my new advertising photography site.
If anyone is looking to do a photoshoot for you company, products or what ever, just let me know.

www.davidschelske.com

I will also be offering photo classes and location seminars soon if anyone is interested.

Thanks
Dave
nw scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:20 PM   #78
Konflict Motorsports
KM TUNER

Oddometer: 824
Local Pnw Racers!!!

I just wanted to put the word out that Konflict Motorsports & Suspension is accepting resumes for racers looking for 2011 sponsorship. Please email your resume to Alex@konflictmotorsports.com
Thanks for looking!
Alex
www.konflictmotorsports.com
Old 11-05-2010, 07:58 AM   #79
liv2rydktms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,240
Thumb Yeehaw! My DRZ Rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch
I'll list my business here.

Suspension by Sasquatch. Located in Eagle, ID. Full service suspension shop as well as a dealer for Ohlins, Race Tech and HyperPro. Can do "ride ins" with appointment.

I rebuild all standard rebuildable suspensions and specialize in non rebuildable OEM shock modifications and rebuilding.
I highly recommend "Suspension by Sasquatch"

My DRZ 400S is a whole different animal with the suspension upgrades.

Thank you, Sasquatch

http://www.sasquatchrider.com/
IBA#33733
"R" Death Valley trip

liv2rydktms screwed with this post 11-05-2010 at 10:13 AM
liv2rydktms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:31 PM   #80
Konflict Motorsports
KM TUNER

Hyde Racing Products

I have put some listings in the vendor forum for the specials I am currently running, checkem out...

Konflict Motorsports screwed with this post 12-20-2010 at 10:16 PM
Konflict Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:17 PM   #81
Konflict Motorsports
KM TUNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
I'll list my business here.

Suspension by Sasquatch. Located in Eagle, ID. Full service suspension shop as well as a dealer for Ohlins, Race Tech and HyperPro. Can do "ride ins" with appointment.

I rebuild all standard rebuildable suspensions and specialize in non rebuildable OEM shock modifications and rebuilding.
Kudos for a great guy, who does great work!!!
Old 12-21-2010, 05:44 AM   #82
Sasquatch
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konflict Motorsports View Post
Kudos for a great guy, who does great work!!!
Thanks! Have a Merry Christmas.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:43 PM   #83
NWBoarder
Whitmeister

Oddometer: 1,862
Ahh look at you guys.
I can feel the love.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:49 PM   #84
nw scout
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 686
Hangover pics are up

Just got the pics up.

If anyone is interested, I am offering custom CD's of these images.
They are all super low res on the site so if your interested in buying any, just send me an e mail or PM with the shot #.

For $20 I will do custom photoshop work, and an event border on each image you select. Each additional image for $15
You will get a hi res cd of each image with and without the border.

http://schelske.smugmug.com/Races/Ne...47803337_YH3SS

Event border and retouching sample

Thanks
www.davidschelske.com
contact@davidschelske.com

nw scout screwed with this post 01-05-2011 at 12:55 PM
nw scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:35 AM   #85
Zombie_Stomp
Aspiring human

Oddometer: 2,219
My Volvo art and more for sale or hire PDX

I am for hire for the following lines of work:

-Welding and steel fabrication. Currently running flux core wirefeed, soon to have MIG. Repairs, custom rack design and building (ask user Motomantra for a recommendation, I custom-build one for his sport-bike with detachable top)

-Jacket and zipper repair. I did a tank bag for an inmate in Seattle, for Ray (Fisherman) and a leg zipper in my Aerostich Roadcrafter which I posted a detailed thread on here. I can also patch any jaacket or suit with nylon, ballistic nylon, artistic or rally patches, or any other flair. i cnnot taylor at this time, however. Zippers range from $60-100 depending on the article and type of zipper used and linings or other features I have to work around. Accepting and doing pickup and delivery in the PDX area, as well as mailorder, I've done both. Custom bag design and fabrication is now available. If you have an idea or want something similar to another bag, I can make it happen. I have able hands and a professional seamstress to hire out at very good rates. I have patterns for a DirtBagz- inspired, even higher durability enduro luggage set in medium size ready to go. The possibilities are endless.

- Mechanical Services, PDX area. My many rebuild threads on ADV are a clear and transparent view of what I am capable of and exactly how I do it. For a little more, I can fully photo-document and videotape every step of YOUR rebuild or engine service for you as well. This is not available at any shop. Recent projects I've done and documented here are a full teardown and rebuild of several XR600 engines, XR600 on XL600 full suspension conversion, Volvo B18 engine resurrection and retuning, Volvo M40 transmission full rebuild and clutch, and building a welder from retired industrial grade components. I can do all these things for you and more.

Last, but not least is my Patches, prints, and Accessories on Etsy. Full of screenprinted artistic jacket patches and prints, and coming soon cast aluminum and solid steel belt buckles, belts, bags, and other accessories. http://www.etsy.com/shop/agogodesigns
I just stormed these up last night on the screenprinting press (ie my screen frame, the desk, the wall, and some magic marker marks on the desk... really 'handmade' here)
I listed them for sale on Etsy, unless it's been purchased, should show up under agogodesigns.etsy.com. Available from me personally for $10 delivered in the area within 10 miles of city center.

I do heavy-duty textile repair, upholstery, and design/manufacture bags.

Zombie_Stomp screwed with this post 01-07-2011 at 10:40 AM
Zombie_Stomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:43 PM   #86
Konflict Motorsports
KM TUNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Stomp View Post
I am for hire for the following lines of work:

-Welding and steel fabrication. Currently running flux core wirefeed, soon to have MIG. Repairs, custom rack design and building (ask user Motomantra for a recommendation, I custom-build one for his sport-bike with detachable top)

-Jacket and zipper repair. I did a tank bag for an inmate in Seattle, for Ray (Fisherman) and a leg zipper in my Aerostich Roadcrafter which I posted a detailed thread on here. I can also patch any jaacket or suit with nylon, ballistic nylon, artistic or rally patches, or any other flair. i cnnot taylor at this time, however. Zippers range from $60-100 depending on the article and type of zipper used and linings or other features I have to work around. Accepting and doing pickup and delivery in the PDX area, as well as mailorder, I've done both. Custom bag design and fabrication is now available. If you have an idea or want something similar to another bag, I can make it happen. I have able hands and a professional seamstress to hire out at very good rates. I have patterns for a DirtBagz- inspired, even higher durability enduro luggage set in medium size ready to go. The possibilities are endless.

- Mechanical Services, PDX area. My many rebuild threads on ADV are a clear and transparent view of what I am capable of and exactly how I do it. For a little more, I can fully photo-document and videotape every step of YOUR rebuild or engine service for you as well. This is not available at any shop. Recent projects I've done and documented here are a full teardown and rebuild of several XR600 engines, XR600 on XL600 full suspension conversion, Volvo B18 engine resurrection and retuning, Volvo M40 transmission full rebuild and clutch, and building a welder from retired industrial grade components. I can do all these things for you and more.

Last, but not least is my Patches, prints, and Accessories on Etsy. Full of screenprinted artistic jacket patches and prints, and coming soon cast aluminum and solid steel belt buckles, belts, bags, and other accessories. http://www.etsy.com/shop/agogodesigns
I just stormed these up last night on the screenprinting press (ie my screen frame, the desk, the wall, and some magic marker marks on the desk... really 'handmade' here)
I listed them for sale on Etsy, unless it's been purchased, should show up under agogodesigns.etsy.com. Available from me personally for $10 delivered in the area within 10 miles of city center.

What about screen printing tshirts and hoodies?
Old 01-09-2011, 11:57 PM   #87
Zombie_Stomp
Aspiring human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konflict Motorsports View Post
What about screen printing tshirts and hoodies?
I do not currently have the facilities for high quantities or custom graphic design at my shop. I'm just doing small quantity personal art at this time.

I can however recommend my friend Van at his company Visual Resistance also in SE portland. His contact info available upon request, and I'll see if he is up and running at full capacity yet.

If you want a hoodie or shirt of any of the designs I've got in my shop, that's another story. Just tell me size and color or send/ drop off the shirt or article of clothing, bag, whatever you want (hard surfaces even) to be printed and I'll happily set you up with a one-off.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:32 AM   #88
earwig
Crowbar of Embrayage

Oddometer: 4,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Stomp View Post
. . . and coming soon cast aluminum and solid steel belt buckles, belts, bags, and other accessories.
Any chance of cast brass belt buckles?

It's only a few hundred degrees more . . .
earwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:39 AM   #89
Zombie_Stomp
Aspiring human

And the hand ground steel ones are clogging up my eyelids with pound after pound of steel dust. I've got baggies marked "not a belt buckle", in that old carver's saying: "how did you carve that?" 'Simple, I ground away everything that was not a belt buckle'.

I'll definitely get to brass. Some furnace builders get to cast iron but the brass is a necesssary component of any espresso machine. That's right, I've got plans to build one of those too. From borrowed parts at first.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:36 PM   #90
Konflict Motorsports
KM TUNER

Suspension Services

We at Konflict Motorsports would like to inform you we offer Suspension Services. Alex has attended numerous seminars and clinics throughout the country trying to refine his knowledge on the physic's and understanding of what it takes to make a championship winning set-up with your suspension. Alex has been done countless hours of extensive Research and Development throughout the country finding what the perfect set-up would be.
We are in the process of manufacturing our own custom wound springs, due to finding questionable tolerances in stock available publicly. As well as having custom wound springs, we are also doing extensive research with some well known company's in the industry to manufacture our needle's, seals, shim's, and fluids.
We offer complete Suspension Services for Motocross, GNCC, Enduro, Trials, Adventure, Supermoto, Formula 450, & Desert Racing.
We offer Suspension Services for the following applications: Ktm, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Gas Gas, Husaberg, Husqvarna, BMW, and Beta.

We will be at most events this year with the Konflict Motorsports race van, please stop by and say hello.

REVIEWS
NWBoarder
Whitmeister

I recently had Alex do a full service and re-spring the forks on the KTM. I asked him to remove the "3rd Bushing", which is a common thing to do on the 2004. I was being a cheap bastard, and waved off his suggestions to do valve work. He said my oil was the worst he'd seen, and there was scoring on the bore, which he polished out. My bad!! I guess 4 years is too long!

I did the Black Bear Enduro in Tahuya in June. The forks were much improved in the fast stuff, but they were really jarring me, in the slower roots and rocks. After 50+ miles I was significantly more fatigued than usual.

Alex, (like a doctor making house calls) called me on my way home, to see how the suspension was. We talked and discussed options. For a VERY reasonable fee, he offered to pick up the forks again, and work his magic on the valves. I had a vacation coming up, and told him he had lots of time.

Well Saturday I did a 115 mile DS ride from Enumclaw, to Lk Cle Elum, which had everything from high speeds on Hwy 410, to gravel on FS70, roots and rocks, and tight switch backs going over Windy Ridge. The forks are stellar! I can't think of a better feeling bike, well maybe Gabriele's 570, that Alex worked on, but that thing has a little more mass than my 200. ;-)

Only problem is, it really highlighted how sacked out the rear is…

Thanks Alex!

gabrielu
memento gaudere semper

Btw, just had the suspension serviced and re-sprung from Alex, and it truly changed the bike for me. Among the many benefits, nearly no arm pump!! Thanks Alex!!

Highly recommeded.

Konflict Motorsports screwed with this post 03-06-2011 at 10:39 PM
Konflict Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote