I did too.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:08 PM   #13562
RandyB

Oddometer: 5,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCase View Post
I doubt that there are many AKs out there that'll shoot 3MOA. I'd suspect that 5MOA might be more the norm. Or "Minute of Barn Door".

Now I'm going to sit back and wait for someone to chime in and claim that his AK will shoot 1.5MOA all day long......

They'll shoot a 7.62mm group. Once.

Blessed be the Lord my God, who prepares my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:24 PM   #13563
AzB
Fattest thin man

Oddometer: 3,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1 View Post
This might not be the right place to ask this question, but what do I know about doing things the right way.

I went shooting today and had my first ever jam with my Glock. The casing had not completely been ejected and this is what it looked like. The bullet was still in the barrel and fell out into my hand. Has anyone ever had this happen? What would cause this? The primer has not been hit? I shot another 60 rds through the gun after this and didnt have another problem. I probably have 700 plus rounds through this gun so far and this is my first problem ever. BTW this is Winchester white box 115g.

Looks like an improperly seated projectile that fell out while it was loading.

Winchester White box? There's your problem. I thought I had problems with several of my guns until I stopped using that crap. All the problems disappeared.

Az
Old 01-11-2011, 07:01 PM   #13564
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,733
Quote:
This might not be the right place to ask this question, but what do I know about doing things the right way.

I went shooting today and had my first ever jam with my Glock. The casing had not completely been ejected and this is what it looked like. The bullet was still in the barrel and fell out into my hand. Has anyone ever had this happen? What would cause this? The primer has not been hit? I shot another 60 rds through the gun after this and didnt have another problem. I probably have 700 plus rounds through this gun so far and this is my first problem ever. BTW this is Winchester white box 115g.
I would wager the bullet was not properly crimped by Winchester. The casing probably got dented up as it was being racked forward by the slide and the bullet became dislodged, causing the casing to feed improperly and get pinched as the slide was coming home. The force of the slide slamming it home dislodged the bullet the rest of the way and dumped the powder down the barrel. Primer wouldn't be indented because you never pulled the trigger on that round; it jammed prior to feeding into the chamber.

MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:03 PM   #13565
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
I would wager the bullet was not properly crimped by Winchester. The casing probably got dented up as it was being racked forward by the slide and the bullet became dislodged, causing the casing to feed improperly and get pinched as the slide was coming home. The force of the slide slamming it home dislodged the bullet the rest of the way and dumped the powder down the barrel. Primer wouldn't be indented because you never pulled the trigger on that round; it jammed prior to feeding into the chamber.

Thanks fellas. I was hoping it was just a bad round. I am glad I looked into the chamber before shooting again. Even if it wasnt lodged in tightly I am sure it would have sucked to shoot the next round into it.
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:05 PM   #13566
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Thanks fellas. I was hoping it was just a bad round. I am glad I looked into the chamber before shooting again. Even if it wasnt lodged in tightly I am sure it would have sucked to shoot the next round into it.
It would.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #13567
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
It would.

I decided to go to the range about 4 this afternoon and it was great. Zero wind, some old box targets were still up to shoot at, and no old guy bugging me to see my membership card. I shot a few hundred rounds just practicing my grip and trigger control. I am really loving this gun!
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:53 PM   #13568
Uncle Pollo
happy cachiporra

Oddometer: 47,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
I did too.
wha?
Uncle Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #13569
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:

I decided to go to the range about 4 this afternoon and it was great. Zero wind, some old box targets were still up to shoot at, and no old guy bugging me to see my membership card. I shot a few hundred rounds just practicing my grip and trigger control. I am really loving this gun!
Yepper. I love the 19 enough that I have 2.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:04 PM   #13570
1911fan
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 2,951
I just picked up a gently used third gen G19 for $250, should get it tomorrow or Thursday. First 9mm, since I'm a 1911 guy. I'm debating taking it to the IDPA match I'm shooting in this weekend.
Too bad it's winter- riding the 990 to a pistol match sounds like a good combination!

1911fan

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:17 PM   #13571
NDEBT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911fan View Post
I just picked up a gently used third gen G19 for $250, should get it tomorrow or Thursday. First 9mm, since I'm a 1911 guy. I'm debating taking it to the IDPA match I'm shooting in this weekend.
Too bad it's winter- riding the 990 to a pistol match sounds like a good combination!

1911fan
I had one for a few weeks. I guess I'm nostalgic or something. It just felt to me like it should have a cord connected to some kind of game or something. The trigger thingy kind of bugged me really. Not sure why. I guess when my finger is in the guard I'm already sure I wan't it to fire.aond pulling a trigger on a trigger just feals strange.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

NDEBT screwed with this post 01-11-2011 at 10:24 PM
NDEBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:23 PM   #13572
Apxgrndr
In the snow

Oddometer: 968
629 with 5" barrel=balance

Old 01-12-2011, 12:03 AM   #13573
Uncle Pollo
happy cachiporra

Oddometer: 47,475
Quote:

1911fan
If a compensated one comes your way try it out.

It's going to change a lot of things.

pew!
Uncle Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:40 AM   #13574
nessy357
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero View Post
Is shooting that thing at night a sort of admission that you wouldn't hit what you were aiming at even if you could see it?
The devil made me do this snuff the candle, (flame only)
I'll post some of my black guns tomorrow.

nessy357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:33 AM   #13575
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,321
Quote:

1911fan
You'll love how it shoots, hate how it looks and loath how it feels since you are a 1911 man....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: