Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 155 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #13591
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero View Post
I guess I've just decided to live with my 10/22 being dirty. I've shot probably a couple thousand rounds with it having done nothing but spray some Rem-Oil in around the breech a couple times. No problems that I can't attribute to a crappy Butler Creek magazine or shitty ammo. The 22/45 gets the same treatment and runs just as well (with good ammo).
is the 22-45 easier to take apart and get BACK together than the other MK based handguns?
Old 01-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #13592
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X View Post
is the 22-45 easier to take apart and get BACK together than the other MK based handguns?

Fuck if I know! I haven't tried yet

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:37 PM   #13593
HardCase
winter is coming

Oddometer: 9,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by basque View Post
I've got 10 year old Sig 226 .40 that I absolutely love.

Looking for a second gun for fun/shooting in the desert/having at home.

Thinking about the Benelli Supernova Tactical with the ghost ring sights.

Can get on for about $450 + $25 background check.

Anyone have any experience with this gun? Pros? Cons?
I have a Benelli SuperNova, not the Tactical but just a basic field gun. It's great. It has a feature that allows loading of the chamber by hand without pulling rounds out of the magazine......surprising how handy that can be in some applications. The 870 and other pumps that I know of don't have that capacity. I know a guy who has the tactical, his is one with the desert-camo finish, and he really likes it a lot.

Hard cases make bad law.
HardCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:37 PM   #13594
McNeal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,629
Quote:
I've never taken apart another MK based gun, but my 22/45 is pain to reassemble. It comes apart easy enough. Reassembly requires that you hold the firearm at certain angles while fitting parts and pull the trigger at on stage. For some reason I always need the manual around because I forget a step. Never had any trouble with my other firearms.
McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:46 PM   #13595
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 21,601
Quote:
No, it's the same. Aside from the plastic frame, the component parts are almost identical but for two minor differences. I know, because I've had them both apart.
Dizave opined: Why do you care where the premises come from? They are above reproach. For all intents and purposes, you can just make up all your premises, since they can't be proven anyway. That's why we need premises.
Aurelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:47 PM   #13596
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNeal View Post
I've never taken apart another MK based gun, but my 22/45 is pain to reassemble. It comes apart easy enough. Reassembly requires that you hold the firearm at certain angles while fitting parts and pull the trigger at on stage. For some reason I always need the manual around because I forget a step. Never had any trouble with my other firearms.
ANY gun that makes one pull the trigger whilst putting it together is a bitch. Plus, since I have been a 1911 guy for so long and can litterally take apart and put back together one in my sleep, anything else is a pain. Maybe except for a Glock once one gets the slide draw deal. Even those have a pitfall.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:47 PM   #13597
Andyinhilo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,491
Quote:
You'll love how it shoots, hate how it looks and loath how it feels since you are a 1911 man....
I don't know.....as a 1911 guy myself, I hate how mine shoot, jam and malf when it is time to qualify. I also don't like the looks or the feel. Unfortunately, it is what is issued, and my dept is not enlightened enough to allow us to carry anything else. On the plus side, I know that I can get by when the gun has minor malfunctions. Of course when the trigger quits working (and it has on two occasions), I know do how to run!
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."J. Cooper
Andyinhilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:48 PM   #13598
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCase View Post
I have a Benelli SuperNova, not the Tactical but just a basic field gun. It's great. It has a feature that allows loading of the chamber by hand without pulling rounds out of the magazine......surprising how handy that can be in some applications. The 870 and other pumps that I know of don't have that capacity. I know a guy who has the tactical, his is one with the desert-camo finish, and he really likes it a lot.
Thats a nice feature I do miss having on the 870. I guess you can in a sense do that by not having it loaded to max and slipping what ever round you want in the tube and chamber it but not still like the Benelli.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:00 PM   #13599
basque
Infidel

Oddometer: 658
Thanks for the input boys! I'm pretty set on the Supernova. It just seems like a great value on a gun that will likely last forever.

It's hard to find folks that have a lot of negative things to say about it (other than "it's ugly").

Sold.
basque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #13600
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolloAsado View Post
Where are the cop and the biker? Oh wait, thatwas a different boy band. This is Senior Perez and JJ SIlverheels yes?
Old 01-12-2011, 04:11 PM   #13601
PlugUgly
The Littlest Giant

Oddometer: 76
Quote:
ANY gun that makes one pull the trigger whilst putting it together is a bitch. Plus, since I have been a 1911 guy for so long and can litterally take apart and put back together one in my sleep, anything else is a pain. Maybe except for a Glock once one gets the slide draw deal. Even those have a pitfall.
I just bought a GSG-1911 in 22lr that is a blast, and tears done almost like a real 1911. There is a screw and pin that hold the barrel, but other than that it's the same.

I've only put a 100 or so rounds through it, but it's nice that I can use my 1911 holsters and shoot for cheap.
PlugUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:24 PM   #13602
Uncle Pollo
Santos Vega

Oddometer: 46,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlugUgly View Post
I just bought a GSG-1911 in 22lr that is a blast, and tears done almost like a real 1911. There is a screw and pin that hold the barrel, but other than that it's the same.

I've only put a 100 or so rounds through it, but it's nice that I can use my 1911 holsters and shoot for cheap.
I am sorry about your camera.
Uncle Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:57 PM   #13603
PlugUgly
The Littlest Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolloAsado View Post
I am sorry about your camera.
You shouldn't be, it had a good run.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:43 PM   #13604
CraigSV
Still alive

Oddometer: 7

Guns I own Springfield Armory 1911, AK-47, Marlin 22 and Benelli Nova 12ga shotgun. The best one is the AK. I have shot over 2500 rounds through it with no problems at all. Paid $330 for it new and was offered $500 for it but I do not want to part with it.
CraigSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:22 PM   #13605
PlugUgly
The Littlest Giant

Shamed into getting the cell phone out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: