Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2011, 07:03 AM   #121
TheMule
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 401
GREAT lookin' bike, but then I'm biased ...

TW Goes To Alaska Solo
http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...ght=utah+tw200

My Bike
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ighlight=tw200 (Sold )

My New Bike (03/09)

2001 Tiger 955i - Fully Farkled
TheMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:06 PM   #122
LostViking
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
At this point seems a shame not to keep this thread going.

My new to me Caspian Blue Tiger '06 5000 miles on the clock. Purchased from an inmate here.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:09 PM   #123
ScottV
bigdoggscott

Oddometer: 1,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostViking View Post
At this point seems a shame not to keep this thread going.

My new to me Caspian Blue Tiger '06 5000 miles on the clock. Purchased from an inmate here.

Very nice bike! You beat me to that one. I was 2nd in line when I PM'd him he said somebody was coming to look at it in the morning. That's OK I found one locally, an 06 same color. Will be picking it up in the next couple of days. How do you like it so far? I have never ridden a Tiger before, I am wondering how it will compare to my old 1100GS.

Pushin My Luck~~~ R.L. Burnside
ScottV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:17 PM   #124
Sasquatch
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottV View Post
Very nice bike! You beat me to that one. I was 2nd in line when I PM'd him he said somebody was coming to look at it in the morning. That's OK I found one locally, an 06 same color. Will be picking it up in the next couple of days. How do you like it so far? I have never ridden a Tiger before, I am wondering how it will compare to my old 1100GS.
Hey Scotty. Your shock order has been placed BTW.

I was going to buy a new 1150gs in '02 when I ended up buying the Tiger. I rode the 1150 for hours on multiple test rides and was convinced that was the bike for me. One single 10 mile ride on my Tiger totally changed my mind. The Tiger was better in every way. This is my personal opinion, but after over 50k miles, I am still in love with her.

As a matter of fact, it's nice out, I'm going for a ride, see ya!

Oh happy spring
Old 04-01-2011, 04:22 PM   #125
ScottV
bigdoggscott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
Hey Scotty. Your shock order has been placed BTW.

I was going to buy a new 1150gs in '02 when I ended up buying the Tiger. I rode the 1150 for hours on multiple test rides and was convinced that was the bike for me. One single 10 mile ride on my Tiger totally changed my mind. The Tiger was better in every way. This is my personal opinion, but after over 50k miles, I am still in love with her.

As a matter of fact, it's nice out, I'm going for a ride, see ya!

Oh happy spring
Thanks Jay, I shouldn't order farkles before I have the bike, oh well I can't wait. I'm jealous we got 3 inches of snow last night. It feels like spring will never get here.

Old 04-02-2011, 02:29 AM   #126
LostViking
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottV View Post
Too early to tell. Still snowing here too. I did get a 15 minute test ride though, All seems good.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:04 PM   #127
DaFoole
Born Again Asshole..

Oddometer: 3,948
Just bought an 05!! Never ridden one.... Hope this is good as I hope it's gonna be!

Heading up to Orygun on Tuesday to pick her up.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:53 PM   #128
Deano955
Insatiable

Oddometer: 3,885
One of my favorite bikes of all time:

I rode the snot out of that thing, loved it. Cumfy, reasonably fast (did great wheelies), handled well for such a big bike. I think the 955 Tigers are extremely under rated bikes. Great used bike value. Get ya some!
Save $5 off your smugmug account with this coupon( 1qoLJk8tfsGWM )
Deano955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:33 AM   #129
StevG57
Rocky Mtn surf patrol

Oddometer: 243
Tiger seat mod

Last weekend I made the jump from a KLR650 to a 2001 955i Tiger Woohoo! Anyway, I want to make the seat more comfy and since Spencers Seats turned my KLR seat from a miserable plank into a decent saddle, I sent an email. For anyone interested in improving the Tiger seat, here's a great place to start:

Thank you for your interest in my work again. I am glad to see you have the 955, the seat is much better than the 1050. Triumph seemed to be only concerned with a lower seat height for the new bike and the seat is so thin and pan so convoluted that it is a real problem.

For your Tiger 955 rider section the usual requests are to correct the seats angle so you are not sliding into the tank, create an actual supportive seating pocket so that you sit more in, rather than on, the seat. This allows your weight to be better distributed across the width of the seat, rather than concentrated in the middle. Special care is taken to relieve pressure on the crotch, especially with the upward angle at the front of the Tiger seat. I definitely recommend the LD upgrade with the Supracor suspension for all dual sports riders sections, if for no other reason than that it takes the vibration out of the seat. It also does a lot for long distance comfort and dampens road shock. The Supracor works for the rider because it is a dynamic material with an instant rebound. It moves with you, working with your weight shifts for proper bike control. If you use a material in the riders section that "takes a set" it locks you in one position and fights against you. This is the main problem with foams as the rider is constantly moving, even while cruising the highway you are making small corrections in your weight distribution. You can find more information about the material HERE.
Pricing for the riders section would be the standard minimum of $50 for the actual work to the riders section, a $25 material charge for the Supracor.

A photo of you in riding position is helpful and appreciated, but not an absolute necessity. Each seat is set up specifically for the rider so any additional information you think I may need regarding your position, type of riding, any medical concerns you may have should be listed in the special instructions area on the order form. When you think you have given me too much information, just a little more should be about right.

Please feel free to ship at your convenience. All that ask is that you drop me note when you do send it so that I can properly set my schedule. My current turnaround even with the spring rush is still no more than 48 hours so your only real downtime will be in shipping. If you re-visit my web site you can find the order form as well as my FAQ page which contains more information regarding shipping, payment, and a bunch (probably too much) general information. Contact me any time if you have questions.

Thanks again and have a great weekend, Spencer

www.GreatDayToRide.com

I'll have my seat in the mail by next weekend. I'll post a picture of the bike with the seat mod report after a days ride.
StevG57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:20 PM   #130
cardoctor1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 504
my dream adv bike
IBA#35592
RIDE EVERY RIDE LIKE ITS YOUR LAST
00 R1150GS
cardoctor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:03 AM   #131
Cos
Re-Greekified

Oddometer: 10,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoctor1 View Post
my dream adv bike
You can pick one up for cheap given how Triumphs depreciate so it doesn't have to be a dream
Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:37 PM   #132
ScottV
bigdoggscott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cos View Post
You can pick one up for cheap given how Triumphs depreciate so it doesn't have to be a dream
I agree, I think they are a great value right now. After I sold my 1100GS I was considering either an early 1200GS or an 05-06 Tiger. Looking at used prices the 05-06 GS's are going for $9000 - $10,000 with high miles and the same year low mileage Tigers are going for half of that.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:56 PM   #133
T
Yippee Ki Yay

Oddometer: 4,927
Great bikes. Very capable/versatile... 05

Old 04-05-2011, 07:02 PM   #134
johnwesley
wanta be

Oddometer: 1,525
I love mine it is a great highway and dirt/ gravel road bike

wasn't bad on this easy single track trail 82 in the tellico area

set up for touring

I've not had mine a year yet but plan on keeping it awhile
johnwesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:07 AM   #135
ScottV
bigdoggscott

Here is my new to me 06. I love this bike so far.