User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2011, 02:22 AM   #1
stubmw OP
some what aloof

Oddometer: 2,443
AFX FX-39 DS helmet?

There is a fairly large thread floating around here on the AFX 37 DS, but i was surfing and came across this on the dennis kirk sight, AFX-39 helmet.
the dennis kirk sight says coming soon.
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/tpl/cmn/prodlist.jsp?store=Main&catId=101&page=5

There is no mention of it on AFX's sight...werd.

I have one of the 37's and got to say for a $100 helmet it aint all that bad, any one heard anything else about this 39?
stubmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:05 AM   #2
RamMan4x4
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
I tried a FX-37 and really liked the look and the price...but it was tight front to back with a lot of room on the sides. It was definitely designed for someone with a perfectly round head based on the shape of the foam under the liner. It also had minimal padding at the forehead. It was still a great helmet for the price, but it just didn't fit so I had to send it back...which was a piece of cake with DK.

The FX-39 looks even better, but I'd bet the foam shape is the same. If the 37 fits you then the 39 probably will too. Good luck!
08 Suzuki DR 650 - 15k, FCR-MX, GSXR-40F0, Header mod, TKC80, SC Seat, PWD Skid Plate, TCI Rack, TCI HL Guard, Wolfman Wolf Tail, DR250 TL, Ulysses Windscreen and Turn Signals, IMS tank, Raptor Petcock, GL Coyote and Fandango Bags, MR Tie Downs
RamMan4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:24 AM   #3
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,739
I have had the 37 helmet for a couple of years and its been a great warm weather helmet. I like the looks of the 39.. the hi viz looks promissing. I checked mc superstore and they dont have it listed yet either.

It is listed on the AFX site if you click the link to tlook at the 2011 line up/catalog.

rockinrog screwed with this post 02-07-2011 at 06:08 AM
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:16 AM   #4
motostrano
Supermotoman

Oddometer: 270
correct. the 39 will replace the 37 and fix some of the issues folks have talked about with the 37 and the styling will be enhanced. this is why we have our DS37s on clearance.

http://www.motostrano.com/afxhelmets.html

there's no solid eta yet on the 39s however.

Joe
Ask me anything at all. CALL or TEXT 650-918-6259, PM or click www.motostrano.com SIDI, Wolfman Luggage, Gimoto. "advrider" code for 10% off Wolfman Luggage shipping out of our California retail store.
motostrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:39 PM   #5
stubmw OP
some what aloof

Thanks youse guys.....Yea I was eyeing the hi-viz one also. I also like that the new one has a racheting chin strap.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:41 PM   #6
motostrano
Supermotoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubmw View Post
Thanks youse guys.....Yea I was eyeing the hi-viz one also. I also like that the new one has a racheting chin strap.
We'll have them and I'll post here when we do

Joe
Ask me anything at all. CALL or TEXT 650-918-6259, PM or click www.motostrano.com SIDI, Wolfman Luggage, Gimoto. "advrider" code for 10% off Wolfman Luggage shipping out of our California retail store.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:15 AM   #7
Gravetter
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Patiently waiting. Any idea on where you'll price them? I see $130 on that Kirk website...
Gravetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:08 AM   #8
motostrano
Supermotoman

Some good news for you then. I was able to get more specs, photos and a release date from AFX on the FX39. They are expecting to ship from distributor warehouses on the 22nd of this month. I don't usually like to put stuff on sale before they are even out, but it's also not fair for folks who pre-order, so we have them marked down as pre-order about 10% off the retail.

Im glad that mossy woods Camo is still in the mix!

Note- it looks like one of the features built into this helmet is the ability to remove the MX visor and use the helmet as a standard street lid. Nifty.

Joe
Old 02-08-2011, 06:39 PM   #9
stubmw OP
some what aloof

Ok you talked me into it............

Just ordered a large in hi-viz from ya motostrano.

Happen to know if the 37 sheild will fit this new 39? I have extras for the 37, guess Iam going to find out.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:49 PM   #10
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

afx39
Attached Images

Old 02-08-2011, 07:14 PM   #11
heffa
Canyon Hillbilly

Oddometer: 1,008
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by motostrano View Post
correct. the 39 will replace the 37 and fix some of the issues folks have talked about with the 37 and the styling will be enhanced. this is why we have our DS37s on clearance.

there's no solid eta yet on the 39s however.

Joe
What are the issues with the 37? This is what I am looking at for a new helmet right now.
I wear a MED. normally and it says to size up on it to a LRG. Can anybody confirm fit in this respect.

Well, Strip my gears and call me Shiftless...

She said, " Your a Flippin' Moron!"
heffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:19 PM   #12
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffa View Post
What are the issues with the 37? This is what I am looking at for a new helmet right now.
I wear a MED. normally and it says to size up on it to a LRG. Can anybody confirm fit in this respect.
One size up worked for me on the 37. The complaints about the 37 were distortion in the shield and the chin strap too far back on the neck. Neither bothered me, but I use mine mostly with goggles during the summer except on cold evenings or when it rains then I used the shield.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:25 PM   #13
heffa
Canyon Hillbilly

Oddometer: 1,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog View Post
One size up worked for me on the 37. The complaints about the 37 were distortion in the shield and the chin strap too far back on the neck. Neither bothered me, but I use mine mostly with goggles during the summer except on cold evenings or when it rains then I used the shield.
Thanks! I figured it would be addition.

Well, Strip my gears and call me Shiftless...

She said, " Your a Flippin' Moron!"
heffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:46 PM   #14
motostrano
Supermotoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubmw View Post
Ok you talked me into it............

Just ordered a large in hi-viz from ya motostrano.

Happen to know if the 37 sheild will fit this new 39? I have extras for the 37, guess Iam going to find out.

Thanks Stu!

And I'm going to have to talk you into using the advrider free shipping code on this one too. Or, I can apply that towards a shield because the 37 shields do not, it seems, fit the 39. I have separate part numbers for them. Lemme know and what kind of shield if so. Thanks again!

Joe
Old 02-08-2011, 08:51 PM   #15
motostrano
Supermotoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog View Post
what he said and certain head shapes (not all) will complain of pressure on the forehead. in general, after selling hundreds of these, I will say feedback on them is positive and always with the disclaimer "for the price". I like them. Happy to sell them.

Joe