Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2011, 05:17 AM   #46
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthe View Post

Who long have you owned the bike and how long have you been working on the project...It looks GREAT.
I have had this bike for three years so this will be my fourth season racing it, I took it apart in the begining of Dec and sent the motor out for a fresh bore and piston&rings to my motor guy who inspects everything. I then clean and paint everything really just so I can inspect it all, 30 yr old metal does get fatigued. The aluminum swing arm cracks in the front so I like to keep an eye on that.
I then grease everything and locktite all critical areas so it should be good for another season of racing. It took me two days to put it all back together working at a slow pace and a few beers, after 5 of course.
pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:24 AM   #47
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiellswheels View Post
Outstanding bike! Reminds me of my teenage years when I scraped money together to buy a 78 RM 125. Loved that bike, saw Mark Barnett at Mid Ohio 125 USGP destroy the competion on his RM. In the late 80's while stationed in Colorado I bought a well worn "81 RM 125 full floater to play on. Raced it couple of times for fun after rebuilding the top end and freshening up the suspension and tires. SHould have seen the kids look at me when lining up at the gate, I was the only one with drum brakes.
lol
Mark Barnett rode this bike at Budds Creek, it was cool to see him on it! He gave a school on Friday than raced with us on Saturday. I think he rode 6-7 classes because Mike Bell rode 6-7 classes the year before and he couldn't be out done. I think he won every class even after stalling a early 70's CanAm on the line giving the pack a 30-40second lead he caught and passed everybody.
Mark was a real nice guy, fun weekend!
Old 01-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #48
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Everything is greased,lubed, adjusted, fresh bore,new piston &rings,forkseals,fresh oil,new spokes ready to go! As soon as it gets above 10 deg. I'm gonna start it! Might even take it to Mototown for some indoor fun....and get it dirty.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:52 PM   #49
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Fired it up today, started on third kick! motor sounded great, can't wait to get it dirty....
Old 01-30-2011, 02:10 PM   #50
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvangel View Post
Hey Flug, We met at Ace, you took some pics of me and we had a nice talk.
Don't want to sell it, just getting it ready for the season. There are a bunch around though if your looking for one let me know.
sure I remember you.

Moroneys took two 125 RM's in on trade towards a snowmobile least year. a 77 and a 78?

they now hang from the ceiling. the 77 was the first year of the RM125 with the up pipe and I believe the last with the metal tank. it is a really low hour original bike.

nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:11 PM   #51
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,832
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:15 PM   #52
pvangel OP
Team AARP

I stare at them everytime I go there, very cool.....
Old 01-30-2011, 07:20 PM   #53
996DL
Buell me

Oddometer: 2,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
Moroneys took two 125 RM's in on trade towards a snowmobile least year. a 77 and a 78?

they now hang from the ceiling. the 77 was the first year of the RM125 with the up pipe and I believe the last with the metal tank. it is a really low hour original bike.

Part and parcel of my generation, the high piped 1976 and up RM 125/250/370 models hit the MX market with the same kind of impact, as the GSXR series did for sport bikes in 1985/1986... Work's replicas right around the corner, at your local Suzuki dealership !

996DL
996DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:46 PM   #54
oregoncoast
Racing Like a Noob

Oddometer: 4,428
Beautiful bike.
oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:16 PM   #55
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Forgot I took this photo, This was on Friday at Mototown and the building collapsed the next Monday....kind a creepy.

Bike ran great, can't wait for the first race!