Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2011, 11:23 AM   #1
milleralexk OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Disc Brakes worth it? CL350

Hello,

I was considering tracking down a new front end for my CL350, one that is equipped with a disk brake. I am not sure what would fit, other than one from a CB350G, and I am not sure if I could find one.

Is it worth the time and effort, for the marginal improvement in braking power/safety? Any tips on making the swap?

Thanks,
Alex
milleralexk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:44 PM   #2
markk53
jack of all trades...

Oddometer: 7,756
If you like the bike you can certainly find a later CB or CL front end where you might be able to swap out the fork leg assemblies only or the whole thing if necessary. You might want to try to put on a better quality caliper set, maybe use fork legs from an 82 or newer 450 Honda if the tubes are the right diameter. They had the decent quality twin piston calipers.

I actually grafted a Honda caliper on to my SR 500 for better braking than the single piston Yamaha brake.

You shouldn't have to pay big bucks for them either. I'd be shocked if I had to pay more than $75. I have a friend who's bought full GSXR front ends less the wheel for less than $200.

Mark - klx678
95 KLX650C w/Vulcan piston bigbore, Now an 09 KLX250S, selling my 90 Zephyr 550
markk53 is offline   Reply With Quote