User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
England-Kev OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,404
Thunderbolt, ut on the Weekend

Saturday dawns grey and dank, I grab some keys, my lid, a coat, and head out to the garage, I open the door and unlock the A65, connect the battery, and wheel it out into cool morning air.
I open the fuel taps, just a short tickle on the carb plunger, before turning on the ignition switch and give the kicker a couple of jabs, and we have action. I leave the bike sitting at idle while I lock the garge down, and don my open face helmet and reindeer leather gloves, Saturday is looking good.
Next it was off for fuel and air, that done I headed off through town to go and find Paul and his Spitfire, before we bothe headed out into the lanes on our way to the Four horseshoes and lunch.

This was to be my first ride on my A65, as I bought it just before the winter set in, so it has been garage bound waiting its turn to be out on the road. And it was great, running well, sounding fantastic as we rode through the hedge lined lanes, all the time I had "Frankies Gun" playing in my head.. And so it went, until we got within shouting distance of the pub, that is when the missfire started, I was sooting up a plug on one side, strange when you thingk I only have one carb, but we limped to the pub on one cylinder, where I was able to borrow a plug spanner and clean the plug. But we did make the pub, and who should be sitting in the car park waiting for us, none other than the Kentish hillbilly Shaun with the purple plunger, his Hinkley trumpet.

As you can see a few bikes turned up, not to shabby for a chilly February day, but it was dry and the sun did try but really has no warmth at this time of year.

Soon it was time to hit the lanes again and head home, I made it nearly all the way before the same plug fouled up again, and I limped to my local bike shop for some new hotter plugs. It was great to finaly get out on the Bolt, even if I did have a couple of teething problems..
England-Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:18 PM   #2
Bendernz
Torrential

Oddometer: 528
Beautiful.

Trophy Trail is one of my favourite all-time bikes. Something about them spins my wheels.
Bendernz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:52 AM   #3
England-Kev OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,404
That Trophy was real nice, the pictures don't really show just how good it was....
England-Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:58 AM   #4
bpeckm
Grin!

Oddometer: 5,675
Man, Eng-Kev, I envy you your "weak sun" February day... I look out my window at mounds of snow...

I just love seeing your little bimbles to the oh-so-ordinary pub with those oh-so-ordinary bikes....

Love it!
Old 02-13-2011, 01:30 PM   #5
Quasi1960
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 409
Saturday: Glorious sunny day like Kevs, but I am too busy to get the bike out but promise myself a ride tomorrow.

Sunday: Cold, grey, miserable and chucking it down with rain.

I guess the moral really is "Never put off 'til tomorrow what you could do today"