Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2011, 11:08 PM   #1
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 762
Klim Latitude Jacket & Pants - adv / touring shell

Hi Guys,

Updated: Klim Latitude Jacket and Pants video just rereleased.

Wanted to get a conversation started around the new KLIM Latitude Jacket and Klim Latitude Pants Gore-Tex Shell. The Jacket Shell will cost $549 and like most Klim will not include any removable thermal layers.

The Latitude combo was released this weekend and much like the new Klim Badlands Pro Jacket, I wanted to give my first impression after spending some time with them.

Hopefully, even though the Latitude will not be available until the Fall of 2011 I can get some candids and good information out to the community before we have a chance to spend extended time in the Latitude and shoot a video review on it.

The other possibility is that since we are so far from release, if there are any elements that don't jive with the community or need revision, the discussion gives KLIM to perfect or refine the design ahead of production. Not sure of the likelyhood of this happening, but KLIM continues to think progressively so you never know.

Overall the Klim Latitude is a beefed more road oriented up Traverse fearturing the GORE-Tex performance shell, included CE armor and a more tapered fit than the new Badlands Pro and the Traverse. In my opinion it's not built to house a pressure armor suit, its meant to fit nicely and protect for more all-season touring riding and applications with the potential for lighter dual-sporting than the Badlands Pro.

RevZillaTV HD Video on the Klim Latitude Jacket and Pants

Highlights:

Gore Performance 2-Layer Shell, 840D Cordura
2 Colors - Black and Two-Tone
CE Armor Included , Elbow, Shoulder, Back, Knees - Adjustable
More Road Oriented, but I still consider it crossover
Fit is much more tapered in arms and shoulders than Traverse, Badlands Pro and Adventure Rally. Adjustable hip zips and waist cinch.

Here is the front (forgive the candids) - pics and vid to come shortly

The Back

And the Latitude spec sheet from the Klim Catalog

I am looking forward to hearing any and all discussions, opinions and concerns on the Latitude - and as always digging up information and answering questions.

Two Wheels Down,

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 08-15-2011 at 08:21 AM
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:38 AM   #2
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,847
i don't see most pressure suit users picking this jacket or the badlands as you pay for all the armor anyway. i'd say pressure suit users are upsizing a traverse jacket.

either way Klim is on a tear these days!
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:16 AM   #3
ScottV
bigdoggscott

Oddometer: 1,097
That is a nice looking jacket. I'm glad to see Klim is stepping up with some new models with integrated CE armor. Any pics of the pants?

Pushin My Luck~~~ R.L. Burnside
ScottV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:02 AM   #4
Pcfly
Dude?! Seriously??

Oddometer: 1,040
Too much Blinggy "KLIM" name all over the jacket for my taste. On this jacket the Klim name is in just too many places! Maybe write "KLIM" in outline on the sleeves instead of bold solid?!

The design overall is good but I think color options could make this jacket stand out much better.

Price seems high?!

Just my 2 cents

BTW, does Revzillia give ADV a discount?
Pcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:32 AM   #5
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,300
I am really liking the new Latitude and the purpose behind this jacket. One thing Anthony mentioned is that the jacket will have hip gussets that will surely make this jacket more versatile for different body types and allow for a more unisex fit. Look forward to seeing more pics and hearing more news as it comes out.
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:40 AM   #6
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

New Latitude Photos

Hey Guys,

Here are the newly released Klim Latitude Jacket and Pants shots. Remember Fall 2011 delivery on this.

Back

All questions welcome.

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 02-21-2011, 10:50 AM   #7
soph9
Bike Addict

Looks great doe sure

Anthony not only time on my hands recoverying but a crap load of coffee in my to help with all the freaking codeine I have been taking....thanks for all the pics....you must not be getting a while lot of sleep!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:00 AM   #8
soph9
Bike Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwgrrl View Post
mmmmmmm....new jacket and pants for me this Fall love my other klim stuff, like my revit...but this...this is perfect!

totally agree and it even has hip gussets on the jacket....this is so exciting to see KLIM really try to cover the unisex bases..... If this was available right now I would buy 2 suits in each colour....for now our Traverse and looking like twins will have to do!

soph9 screwed with this post 02-21-2011 at 11:11 AM
Old 02-21-2011, 11:07 AM   #9
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,370
I wish Klim would forget their obsession with 100% waterproofing the whole time, and just make a decent rally jacket...

Something like the Latitude, but without the built-in armour (although having the pockets for CE is nice for general wear) so it fits over a pressure suit... and fundamentally with ZIP-OFF SLEEVES, ADDITIONAL VENTS (particularly in the shoulders, upper sleeves and above the waist straps for example), an EXTERNAL BLADDER POCKET, and LARGE REAR POCKET for stashing the sleeves and/or your lunch etc.

The Dakar pants are excellent, but what they need is 'Dakar' jacket to compliment them...

Then I might be tempted to give up my Alpinestars:

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:09 AM   #10
Mav
Something witty...

Oddometer: 3,709
Sounds like you'd be well served by the BMW Rallye Jacket...

Great pics btw

-------------------------
All the gear.. no idea!
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:11 AM   #11
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

hahah -

Flew in from Indy last night. Had to get this stuff out to the world was up to 2:30am EST.

Not gonna lie - basically body shut down after that. I came in at 10am today.

Best,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
Anthony not only time on my hands recoverying but a crap load of coffee in my to help with all the freaking codeine I have been taking....thanks for all the pics....you must not be getting a while lot of sleep!

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 02-21-2011, 11:12 AM   #12
soph9
Bike Addict

we totally appreciate all your hard work....man I need to come down to Penn and get a job with you guys....screw my profession, who cares about pensions and job security!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:25 AM   #13
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
Sounds like you'd be well served by the BMW Rallye Jacket...

Great pics btw
Hi Mav- unfortunately no, the problem is it's still too heavy-weight and 'touring'... same with the Dainese D-dry (and even Klim's own uber expensive 'Rally' jacket), they are all geared to 'adventure riding' rather than competition or 'sport' riding, particularly in really hot weather...

The Alpinestars Venture jacket is basically a 'weatherproof' (rather than 100% 'waterproof') Enduro jacket, and is therefore very lightweight in comparison, has all the requisite pockets (although the bladder pocket is internal rather than external), and loads of vents... it was both warm enough at 15,000ft and yet cool enough at 37C in the Desert (with the sleeves off x)...

Having looked at every option from Klim (I used their Dakar pants and gloves this year) I ended up buying a new Alpinestars jacket as nothing Klim has would offer the same features...

However, by the look of this new Latitude jacket, they are getting there design-wise - then just need to cut the sleeves off!!!

Jx
Old 02-21-2011, 11:33 AM   #14
soph9
Bike Addict

you should try the Traverse....very enduro friendly even with a pressure suit underneath....great jacket and has lot's of venting.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:46 AM   #15
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

Hi Soph - I certainly did consider the Traverse jacket, and other than the lack of zip-off sleeves, it would have worked pretty well with a drink bladder in the back-protector pocket...

However (and with the greatest respect to yours) - while I consider the 1980's as a seminal moment in both history and popular culture, I couldn't bare that bloody asymmetrical design thing they've done - I understand the original samples were all one colour, but then they went crazy with the slash-cut grey - arrrrrrrgh!

But seriously, the one thing that I like/need is the ability to remove the sleeves and have a large rear stowage pocket... two elements which so far seem to have eluded Klim's designers?

Jx