Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2011, 08:55 PM   #16
Cellar Yeti OP
Adventure Yeti

Oddometer: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by btcn View Post
techguy, SYM really made HONDA CUBS? I never knew that.

As for the bike, I would suggest a SYM Symba 110 or similar bike, as long as your riding will be limited to in town, a small amount of backroad riding, and moderate offroad. These bikes won't go on serious hardcore trails, but they will do just fine on a bumpy trail.

But on both top speed is limited to 50 MPH, but the Symba may creep up to 55 MPH if given the time.

The madass is a nice bike with a good price, but its really much more street oriented. Not to say it can't be made for pure offroad, I've seen some of those crazy custom modded versions! But it doesn't have much travel and the tires and all that are more for street.

The Zuma 125 is okay for SOME offroad. It will take a few basic mods like suspension, etc to be good for hardcore trails, but it does far better than any other sit down automatic scooter I can think of at the moment. There is are varies videos on youtube of guys doing all kinds of riding with them though! But it is also limited to 55-60 MPH, but it gets there way faster and is smoother at speed than the old CTs and the 110.

But really, if you want to do any serious offroad, just get a Dual Sport. Check out the Suzuki DR 200 and the Yamaha TW 200. They are a great bang for your buck used, and weigh a bit under 300 pounds, with the TW at 279 ready to ride with a full tank of fuel. The DR weighs 278 ready to ride. These will ride far better offroad than a scooter, and are the right tool for the right job.

BUT you say you want automatic? There are few automatic offroad motorcycles. A few were made, but not that many at all. If you NEED auto, stick with the scooters you list and maybe research some more.
Thanks. I think I want a Zuma 125, if I can find one for around 1.5k used.

I just need to make sure I can reach the ground from the 30" seat.
Cellar Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:57 PM   #17
btcn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellar Yeti View Post
Thanks. I think I want a Zuma 125, if I can find one for around 1.5k used.

I just need to make sure I can reach the ground from the 30" seat.

Thats a great choice! I think its the only fully automatic scooter that handles decent off road.

The only problem I see you having is finding one 1.5 K used. MAYBE, but it will take some serious searching. More realistically you'll need to pay around $2,000 but I'm sure there one in that range somewhere.
btcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:03 PM   #18
Cellar Yeti OP
Adventure Yeti

Quote:
Thats a great choice! I think its the only fully automatic scooter that handles decent off road.

The only problem I see you having is finding one 1.5 K used. MAYBE, but it will take some serious searching. More realistically you'll need to pay around $2,000 but I'm sure there one in that range somewhere.
I found one in Portland Oregon for 1,600.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:21 PM   #19
btcn
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I found one in Portland Oregon for 1,600.

Sounds like a great deal! Also, whats cool AND bad about the Zuma 125 is it is VERY modifiable. There is a 155 cc kit, varies exhausts, shocks, etc. It sucks because its not easy on your wallet, but if you ever come across some cash you can really make it a sweet ride!

For $1,600 I'd look into it.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:06 AM   #20
Cellar Yeti OP
Adventure Yeti

Quote:
Sounds like a great deal! Also, whats cool AND bad about the Zuma 125 is it is VERY modifiable. There is a 155 cc kit, varies exhausts, shocks, etc. It sucks because its not easy on your wallet, but if you ever come across some cash you can really make it a sweet ride!

For $1,600 I'd look into it.
I'm all the way down here in San Diego..
Old 02-25-2011, 02:33 AM   #21
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,713
Check out the link in my signature.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:31 AM   #22
btcn
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I'm all the way down here in San Diego..

Oh, thats quite a ways away. Normally in the summer and with a bigger bike you could do a fly and ride. But obviously the current whether and scoot displacement, and distance would stop this.

While the Zuma IS a great scooter, it doesn't have quite the power stock for comfortable long distance rides. It will do 55-60 MPH, but thats it. So I would probably keep looking and try and find one in your area.

I did a craigslist search for one in your area, but I could only find one for $3,300. Maybe you'll have to wait a little while, but I'm sure one will pop up.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:50 AM   #23
Cellar Yeti OP
Adventure Yeti

Yeah, just need to wait.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:56 AM   #24
techguy
Scooter Trash

Oddometer: 845
How much is a SYM SYMBA new at a local dealer? Some may be pretty motivated to give you a great price.
techguy is offline   Reply With Quote