ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2011, 08:07 PM   #16
RLK

Oddometer: 6,339
btcn, Are you talking about the chain driven 2 stroke motors that fit inside a mtn bike frame? There are 4 stroke versions too that are CARB compliant. I thought about building another stupid motorized bicycle. I feel better with DOT tires and suspension between my brain and the potholes.

Happy trails PapaD!

-Juanito on the Yahoo!
RLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:20 PM   #17
btcn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLK View Post
btcn, Are you talking about the chain driven 2 stroke motors that fit inside a mtn bike frame? There are 4 stroke versions too that are CARB compliant. I thought about building another stupid motorized bicycle. I feel better with DOT tires and suspension between my brain and the potholes.

Happy trails PapaD!

Yes. Actually I have a 4 stroke gas bicycle kit that I built. You can PM me if you want to talk about it. It was an easy build, and held up okay. It is a little bit slow, but its a blast to zip around town on, and with all of my engine mods it will run just shy of 45 MPH! Scary enough on a bicycle! I will also be likely posting a new thread about the rebuild here, just a bent valve fix, new pull starter rope, engine mount bolts and it'll be on the road again! ESPECIALLY with it's 200 MPG!
btcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:16 AM   #18
DKND OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLK View Post
I feel better with DOT tires and suspension between my brain and the potholes.

Happy trails PapaD!
Agreed. Fatter tires and sturdier design of a moped make the ride more enjoyable.

This may be one of the safer ways to commute around town IMHO. You may take advantage of a sidewalk or two while at it. Did I mentioned that I can pick the thing up and carry it? O yeah you may pedal your way home if you run out of gas. I know It'd get old trying to do 30 mph on my Schwinn bycicle all day.

And to much of my surprise I downloaded for free a full service manual for a Minarelli V1 two stroke engine. Spares seems to be available at www.themopedjunkyard.com.
DKND is offline   Reply With Quote